Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Metaverse

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 21, 2012, 11:03 Creston

A buck a message, huh? And I thought SMS was a rip-off.

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 21, 2012, 10:44 eRe4s3r

Ah.. teaches me to not read the article... ^^  

8. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 21, 2012, 10:32 Jivaro

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 21, 2012, 07:29:
How is this even going to work? The only way Facebook could send me a message is via email that they don't have and for which they CERTAINLY do not have an spam permission.

But these messages will go straight to spam, because that's what it is, unwanted crap. I think Google Mail might even classify it as spam from the get-go because without a unsubscribe link sending that email is illegal in the EU.

My mind, it is boggled.

Email? They are talking about messages that would be sent to you via the Facebook UI. A sub-category of your already existing "messages" inbox entitled "other" which is an entirely separate space from your base home page or "wall". This doesn't have anything to do with email.

If you don't use Facebook, this doesn't apply to you in any way, shape, or form...nor is it intended to. If you do use Facebook this feature does not allow anyone, regardless of any money they may pay, to override a "block" put on them, so if you block someone they stay blocked and this doesn't mean they can pay money to keep being a pain in the ass.

Personally, if people want to spend their own money sending me messages I don't read then "grats" to Facebook for finding a way to take money from stupid people.

This comment was edited on Dec 21, 2012, 10:40.

7. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 21, 2012, 07:29 eRe4s3r

How is this even going to work? The only way Facebook could send me a message is via email that they don't have and for which they CERTAINLY do not have an spam permission.

But these messages will go straight to spam, because that's what it is, unwanted crap. I think Google Mail might even classify it as spam from the get-go because without a unsubscribe link sending that email is illegal in the EU.

My mind, it is boggled.

6. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 21, 2012, 02:36 xXBatmanXx

And their stock prices keeeeeeeeps on slidin.....  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

5. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 21, 2012, 02:18 Beelzebud

Wow, a surcharge for condoned stalking. Way to go Facebook.  

4. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 21, 2012, 01:54 Nadool

Nice knowing you MySpa...I mean Facebook.  

3. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 20, 2012, 23:37 Luke

Omg i loose all my freinds i better pay!
First make them zombies then get them to pay.......FACESHIIIIIIIT

Book

2. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 20, 2012, 23:09 jacobvandy

NOT cool. I can think of at least one crazy person I have deliberately not friended on Facebook because I don't want messages from them. I don't doubt they'd pay a dollar or two for this feature...  

1. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 20, 2012, 22:10 Cutter

lilz

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo