Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Holiday Sale

The annual holiday sale is now underway on Steam, offering a bunch of games on sale, with new additions daily, community choice voting, and flash deals to be announced along the way between now and when the event concludes on January 5th. Today's specials are Save 50-75% on the Borderlands Franchise, Save 75% on Mirror's Edge, Save 50% on the Hitman Franchise, Save 75% on the Prince of Persia Franchise, Save 33% on Scribblenauts Unlimited, and Save 75% on Wargame: European Escalation. Word is the new-and-improved sale features an easier way to see when the games you want go on sale:

The Steam Holiday Sale is on now and runs until January 5, 2012. There are huge savings throughout the store, with daily deals, flash sales, and catalog discounts. Additionally, every twelve hours there will be a chance for gamers to vote on a select game to go on sale.

This year, we've taken some of the guesswork out of when your favorite games will be on sale. You may now organize your Steam Wishlist and be notified via Steam Mobile and/or email when a game from the list goes on sale as a Daily Deal. The Steam Mobile App is available for both iOS and Android.

Complete information on all the savings, daily deals, featured publisher game packs, compilations and more may be found on www.steampowered.com.

View
148 Replies. 8 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

148. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 21, 2012, 20:29 Creston

Prez wrote on Dec 21, 2012, 18:44:
SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 21, 2012, 12:38:
You know owning Snuggle Truck is not as bad as actually putting 100hrs into it. I am looking at you Prez. What do you think this tells to the developers of this game, hmm?

Probably that I am eiher mentally retarded or I am using it as a form of therapy trying to cure my terrible depression by continued exposure to unbearable cuteness.

FUZZZZZZZZYYYYY!!!!

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

147. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 21, 2012, 20:29 Creston

jimnms wrote on Dec 21, 2012, 20:17:
Creston wrote on Dec 21, 2012, 16:38:
Btw, snuggle truck is pretty fun. Pure luck to finish something, but it's like a cute version of happy wheels.

It's fun to play it like pewdiepie, and keep going "front flip"

Creston

As I said in one of the other threads, it's really fun on a tablet. I got it from one of the Humble Android Bundles, and it comes with the original version called Smuggle Truck. I guess Steam had a problem with a game about smuggling illegal aliens across the border, so the devs changed them to stuffed animals and called it Snuggle Truck.

LOL. I thought the whole stuffed animals to the zoo thing made no fucking sense.

Creston

146. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 21, 2012, 20:17 jimnms

Creston wrote on Dec 21, 2012, 16:38:
Btw, snuggle truck is pretty fun. Pure luck to finish something, but it's like a cute version of happy wheels.

Creston

As I said in one of the other threads, it's really fun on a tablet. I got it from one of the Humble Android Bundles, and it comes with the original version called Smuggle Truck. I guess Steam had a problem with a game about smuggling illegal aliens across the border, so the devs changed them to stuffed animals and called it Snuggle Truck.

MeanJim on Steam

145. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 21, 2012, 19:19 SpectralMeat

Prez wrote on Dec 21, 2012, 18:44:
You know owning Snuggle Truck is not as bad as actually putting 100hrs into it. I am looking at you Prez. What do you think this tells to the developers of this game, hmm?

Probably that I am eiher mentally retarded or I am using it as a form of therapy trying to cure my terrible depression by continued exposure to unbearable cuteness.
I was thinking more along the lines of with the sudden spike in sales and sheer amount of hours spent playing this game, I think it is safe to say we will see a sequel!

Steam: SpectralMeat

144. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 21, 2012, 18:44 Prez

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

143. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 21, 2012, 16:38 Creston

Creston

142. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 21, 2012, 16:22 SpectralMeat

EndWar looks good, but I am not a big fan of voice command games. First of all I usually play games when everyone in the house is asleep, second of all with my accent the poor game wouldn't have a freaking clue what I am trying to say.
I never bothered to look into it if EndWar has any other control methods or voice is the only option. There are plenty of strategy games out there that keep me entertained anyways.
For example I just recently found out I can add my Supreme Commander retail cd key to Steam and it activates and also adds Forged Alliance for free. Now there is a new reason to play it !

141. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 21, 2012, 16:14 Dev

Not going to get them all at $60+. Now if they had a 75% off on the PACK as well, I'd probably pick it up. Plus I already own the best of them in steam, most of the splinter cell ones.

Since I was bored:

Tom Clancy's EndWar
Metascore 68

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
Metascore 80

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2
Metascore 76

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon
Metascore 80
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Desert Siege (expansion)
Metascore 82
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Island Thunder (expansion)
Metascore 82

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
Metascore 71

Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.
Metascore 70

Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2
Metascore 66

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
Metascore 59

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3 Gold
Metascore 85

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas
Metascore 85

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Metascore 78

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
Metascore 92

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction
Metascore 83

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double Agent
Metascore 80

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
Metascore 91

This comment was edited on Dec 21, 2012, 16:24.

140. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 21, 2012, 15:51 SpectralMeat

Dev wrote on Dec 21, 2012, 14:11:
So with that said, anyone know what the best games in the series were?
$2.50 per game on most of them right now.
I thought the Advanced Warfighter ones were pretty decent games.
For $2.50 a pop might as well get them all. At least for me those were decent modern military shooters back in the day. Before CoD took over the genre.
I think Desert Eagle and Island Thunder are also pretty good, but they are ancient games.
I am thinking about grabbing Future Soldier for $15.

139. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 21, 2012, 14:11 Dev

My advice: Do NOT buy the tom clancy's bundle today:

$64.81 Price of individual games:
$67.99 Bundle cost:

Turns out the bundle costs MORE then getting ALL the individual games. So buy the ones you want instead.

So with that said, anyone know what the best games in the series were?
$2.50 per game on most of them right now.

This comment was edited on Dec 21, 2012, 14:19.

138. Re: PoP Dec 21, 2012, 13:55 Ant

Dev wrote on Dec 21, 2012, 13:47:
Ant wrote on Dec 21, 2012, 13:06:
Dev wrote on Dec 21, 2012, 11:09:
Bats:
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time is a GREAT game, I think that was one of my favorites of all 4 new PoP games.
Ditto. I wished they had that 2D Xbox 360 remake for computers. I would SO replay that in Windows/Linux/Mac! I loved the original 2D game and its sequel on my IBM PS/2 Model 30 286 10 Mhz system!

Doesn't GoG have the original PoP 1 & 2?

Also, I heard about the thing with xbox, how was it remade?
I have no idea. I want the remake version that Xbox 360 has.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

137. Re: PoP Dec 21, 2012, 13:47 Dev

Ant wrote on Dec 21, 2012, 13:06:
Bats:
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time is a GREAT game, I think that was one of my favorites of all 4 new PoP games.
Ditto. I wished they had that 2D Xbox 360 remake for computers. I would SO replay that in Windows/Linux/Mac! I loved the original 2D game and its sequel on my IBM PS/2 Model 30 286 10 Mhz system!

Doesn't GoG have the original PoP 1 & 2?

Also, I heard about the thing with xbox, how was it remade?

136. Re: Ghost Recon Dec 21, 2012, 13:20 Ant

SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 21, 2012, 13:16:
Is Ghost Recon worth the $15?
Try the playable demo first?

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

135. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 21, 2012, 13:16 SpectralMeat

Is Ghost Recon worth the $15?  

134. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 21, 2012, 13:12 Creston

You're welcome, fellas!

Creston

133. Re: PoP Dec 21, 2012, 13:06 Ant

Bats:

132. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 21, 2012, 12:50 mch

Looking forward to Play it Forward! Really enjoyed it last year, and I think I have my 'victim' chosen  
PSN: CaseDesignate

131. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 21, 2012, 12:38 SpectralMeat

130. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 21, 2012, 12:27 dj LiTh

Mark down another Snuggle victim from Creston lol  

129. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 21, 2012, 11:49 Dev

SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 21, 2012, 11:32:
I guess my e-mails to customer service finally went through!
To steam? Gimme that email. I've waited weeks trying to get a missing game from a steam bundle I bought. The laughable excuse for steam customer service doesn't go anywhere.

148 Replies. 8 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo