Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Holiday Sale

The annual holiday sale is now underway on Steam, offering a bunch of games on sale, with new additions daily, community choice voting, and flash deals to be announced along the way between now and when the event concludes on January 5th. Today's specials are Save 50-75% on the Borderlands Franchise, Save 75% on Mirror's Edge, Save 50% on the Hitman Franchise, Save 75% on the Prince of Persia Franchise, Save 33% on Scribblenauts Unlimited, and Save 75% on Wargame: European Escalation. Word is the new-and-improved sale features an easier way to see when the games you want go on sale:

The Steam Holiday Sale is on now and runs until January 5, 2012. There are huge savings throughout the store, with daily deals, flash sales, and catalog discounts. Additionally, every twelve hours there will be a chance for gamers to vote on a select game to go on sale.

This year, we've taken some of the guesswork out of when your favorite games will be on sale. You may now organize your Steam Wishlist and be notified via Steam Mobile and/or email when a game from the list goes on sale as a Daily Deal. The Steam Mobile App is available for both iOS and Android.

Complete information on all the savings, daily deals, featured publisher game packs, compilations and more may be found on www.steampowered.com.

View
148 Replies. 8 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

68. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 20:14 Dev

jacobvandy wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 20:10:
For anyone interested, Firefall Founders' Packages are now on sale for the holidays, 25% off. I was waiting for this because I knew they had it on sale before, so now I am a Commander! Love this game...
Its a micropayment shooter game I can see that much from that link, what is it beyond that? Mind throwing a couple sentences of your opinion of it out there?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

67. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 20:10 jacobvandy

For anyone interested, Firefall Founders' Packages are now on sale for the holidays, 25% off. I was waiting for this because I knew they had it on sale before, so now I am a Commander! Love this game...  

66. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 20:10 Dev

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 20:00:
And thanks to Dev, I am now Snuggle Truck Approved™

PREZ I challenge you to an End of the World Snuggle Truck Off!
Enjoy!

Does that game even have a multiplayer option? I must admit I didn't look at its game page beyond reading Prez's hilarious reccomendation/review and the comments on it.

Edit: No, but it has leader boards! LOL

65. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 20:00 The Half Elf

And thanks to Dev, I am now Snuggle Truck Approved™

PREZ I challenge you to an End of the World Snuggle Truck Off!

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

64. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 19:58 Dev

SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 19:14:
Did you figure out what the "buy a gift on Steam" means?
Yep, it means exactly that. Go add a game to cart, and click buy as gift.
I just tested it by giving someone here a gift

63. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 19:56 JayDeath

fiftykyu wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 19:29:
The Half Elf wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 18:21:
JayDeath wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 18:09:
And how about the THQ collection sale? For 25 bucks, you get a lot of really good games. Saints Row the Third is worth it alone!

Question is, is it 1 key or 1 for each game? Be nice if you could split the cost with someone and divvy up the games.

Can't yet speak for this year, but in the past only the Valve bundles gave you extra copies of (some of the) duplicates. For any other publishers' packs, duplicate games just evaporated. So don't grab the THQ collection with the idea of giving away half of the games - it won't work.

Also check those indie bundle things like Humble Bundle Groupees Indie Gala etc. Generally with those you get one key per game, so you can toss any leftovers to your friends.

Thx for the info as I was about to buy the bundle for that exact reason.

Steam: BenRichards

Shadow of Mordor is wonderful.

62. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 19:48 Lorcin

nin wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 16:51:
Alamar wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 16:36:
I guess this sickness has really gotten to me... I totally forgot this was coming...

-Alamar

Are you down with it?

Fucking quality post!

May I counter with: This NSFW gem

This comment was edited on Dec 20, 2012, 20:01.

61. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 19:29 fiftykyu

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 18:21:
And how about the THQ collection sale? For 25 bucks, you get a lot of really good games. Saints Row the Third is worth it alone!

Question is, is it 1 key or 1 for each game? Be nice if you could split the cost with someone and divvy up the games.

Can't yet speak for this year, but in the past only the Valve bundles gave you extra copies of (some of the) duplicates. For any other publishers' packs, duplicate games just evaporated. So don't grab the THQ collection with the idea of giving away half of the games - it won't work.

Also check those indie bundle things like Humble Bundle Groupees Indie Gala etc. Generally with those you get one key per game, so you can toss any leftovers to your friends.

60. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 19:14 SpectralMeat

Dev wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 19:12:
Cyanotetyphas wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 18:09:
Sad there's no event at all this year. I don't even need to win anything, I just liked having fresh objectives. It made the Steam sales feel special.

No event no, but they did add another badge.
Scroll under the vote for next thing on sale part and there's a link to click to see your badges.
Did you figure out what the "buy a gift on Steam" means?
Otherwise I agree it was fun to load up old games and try to earn achievements for prizes. It was fun and made you play games you wouldn't otherwise.

Steam: SpectralMeat

59. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 19:12 Dev

Cyanotetyphas wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 18:09:
Sad there's no event at all this year. I don't even need to win anything, I just liked having fresh objectives. It made the Steam sales feel special.

No event no, but they did add another badge.
Scroll under the vote for next thing on sale part and there's a link to click to see your badges.

58. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 19:09 nin

ViRGE wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 19:06:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bUo1PgKksgw

Saint Gabe! I approve!

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

57. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 19:06 The Half Elf

Rather disappointing that after all the harassment of Prez and Snuggle Truck that I haven't gotten a copy yet lol.

Wait is that a good or bad thing?

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

56. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 19:06 ViRGE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bUo1PgKksgw  

55. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 19:00 nin

Who is Hagbard? Fess up!

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

54. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 18:21 The Half Elf

53. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 18:09 Cyanotetyphas

Synthetic Error - Entertainment bloggin http://syntheticerror.wordpress.com/

52. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 18:09 JayDeath

Steam: BenRichards

Shadow of Mordor is wonderful.

51. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 18:00 cronik

It's under way bitches!  

50. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 18:00 The Half Elf

Enjoy Fantaz and Fibrocyte!

Down to Half Life 2 and HL2 Episode One if anyone wants them, I'd be doing the gift it forward thing but no job at the moment put a hamper on that.

Just happy someone wants them

49. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 17:58 Fibrocyte

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 17:13:
If anyone wants any of these let me know as I'd rather someone use them, then sit gathering dust.

Half Life 2
Half Life 2 Episode One
The Witcher Enhanced Directors Cut
Frozen Synapse

If anyone has anything they'd like to get rid of just send it my way

CptRanger on Steam.

Happy Holidays to all, and hope we survive tomorrow!

I'm interested in Frozen Synapse. I've got Wanderlust and 27 copies of Counter-Strike: Source to trade?

148 Replies. 8 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo