Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Holiday Sale

The annual holiday sale is now underway on Steam, offering a bunch of games on sale, with new additions daily, community choice voting, and flash deals to be announced along the way between now and when the event concludes on January 5th. Today's specials are Save 50-75% on the Borderlands Franchise, Save 75% on Mirror's Edge, Save 50% on the Hitman Franchise, Save 75% on the Prince of Persia Franchise, Save 33% on Scribblenauts Unlimited, and Save 75% on Wargame: European Escalation. Word is the new-and-improved sale features an easier way to see when the games you want go on sale:

The Steam Holiday Sale is on now and runs until January 5, 2012. There are huge savings throughout the store, with daily deals, flash sales, and catalog discounts. Additionally, every twelve hours there will be a chance for gamers to vote on a select game to go on sale.

This year, we've taken some of the guesswork out of when your favorite games will be on sale. You may now organize your Steam Wishlist and be notified via Steam Mobile and/or email when a game from the list goes on sale as a Daily Deal. The Steam Mobile App is available for both iOS and Android.

Complete information on all the savings, daily deals, featured publisher game packs, compilations and more may be found on www.steampowered.com.

View
148 Replies. 8 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

108. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 21, 2012, 01:30 Prez

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 23:52:
That would be nin's fault.. he sorta went into Snuggle Truck Assault Mode.

I think he invented the concept of 'Predatory Gifting'.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

107. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 21, 2012, 00:20 Techie714 ©

Verno-Thank you for the game that was super cool of you! I'll be playing it this weekend!  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

106. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 21, 2012, 00:09 Dev

So, I got some achievements in snuggle truck. One for flipping the truck, another for being an atrocious driver.

Also, I made a short level for it. Which gave me another 2 achieves. Good luck on completing it if you dare to try it.

Sepharo wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 23:51:
I noticed it because I saw a surprising amount of my Steam friends have snuggle truck.
I think thats partly the fault of one of the humble bundles. I think it included it.

105. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 21, 2012, 00:08 MajorD

Thank you so much Prez for DISHONORED: Dunwall City Trials, very cool.

104. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 23:52 The Half Elf

That would be nin's fault.. he sorta went into Snuggle Truck Assault Mode.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

103. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 23:51 Sepharo

Dev wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 23:48:
The Half Elf wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 23:39:
Snuggle Truck'ness™
OMG, I just noticed... again... that I have snuggle truck. I think it was from an indie bundle. I seem to recall noticing this before and forgetting about it.

I noticed it because I saw a surprising amount of my Steam friends have snuggle truck.

102. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 23:48 Dev

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 23:39:
Snuggle Truck'ness™
OMG, I just noticed... again... that I have snuggle truck. I think it was from an indie bundle. I seem to recall noticing this before and forgetting about it.

Now I'm thinking I'll have to at least try it, just to see where fellow friend's positions on leaderboards are.

101. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 23:39 The Half Elf

I gifted out 2 games and still have Half Life 2 and Episode 1 if anyone wants it!

Dev had to remind me to do my wishlist, most of my stuff I got at the last sale (checks to see who sent me a gift as it just popped up), PREZ Thank you sir!
Your still not gifting your way out of Snuggle Truck'ness™

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

100. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 23:29 Prez

I had a dog with seizures Bats. With the right medication he can still live a great life. Good luck!  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

99. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 23:29 Dev

Thanks bats for the dynamite jack gift! Installing it now

I posted about it in the one group, I guess I should post about it in the other too, just in case.

98. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 23:27 xXBatmanXx

Sent out 2 games quick to try out mobile device. Kind of a nice app. Dog is doing good. He had 3-4 in a row, which is his worst so far. Probably bring him in tomorrow as they are due for other shots and checkup, etc. Poor little guy. He flipped out pretty bad. I went to grab something to clean up the urine (he was standing in the kitchen and shaking, legs out like a new calf or horse) and he freaked when I walked away and ran at me during seizure and crashed hard in the kitchen, which then freaked me out even more. So we sat together on the kitchen floor for about half an hour...

Anyway. Sent out 2 games, more to come. Thanks to Cutter and Sepharo. I never expect any games and so it is pretty awesome when I get those little notifications. Enjoy everyone!

Bats.

(nin, I was able to send an invite via steampowered website....)

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

97. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 23:27 Dades

nin wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 23:20:
How do I invite someone? I go to Play It Forward (2011 xmas), click Invite Friends, select someone, but then when I hit "Invite selected to group" PLay it Forward isn't one of the options (I have Blues, Summer Camp and Holiday Sale Community Group).

Edit: If I go to their page and hit "Invite to join your group" my only options are Blue's and Summer Camp.

edit again: I could finally add them, but only through the pop up friends window.

They seem to be using the 2012 group Dev and Verno linked earlier, I'm going to join it now and give some games away.

- DADES - This is a signature of my name, enjoy!

96. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 23:20 nin

How do I invite someone? I go to Play It Forward (2011 xmas), click Invite Friends, select someone, but then when I hit "Invite selected to group" PLay it Forward isn't one of the options (I have Blues, Summer Camp and Holiday Sale Community Group).

Edit: If I go to their page and hit "Invite to join your group" my only options are Blue's and Summer Camp.

edit again: I could finally add them, but only through the pop up friends window.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

95. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 22:55 MajorD

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 22:16:
Hay guys, sorry, removed a couple people from friends list....not sure why it is capped at 249. I will try and catch up, I am kind of out of it, 3yo pup had a pretty bad seizure, just kinda took it out of me.

I will catchup when I can. Thanks to the 2 that gifted, I will play it forward...

Sorry to hear about your Pup; I hope all is better and okay.

94. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 22:46 SpectralMeat

Verno

I greatly appreciate your gift, thank you good sir!
I am no longer waiting for a sale on Tropico 4!

Steam: SpectralMeat

93. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 22:40 Prez

I'm surprised prez has a "mere" 27 games on his wishlist though.

After Snuggle Truck everything else starts to leave you cold.

Actually, I have lots of games that I still want, but I've decided that I ought to, oh, I don't know... actually PLAY some of the 1100 games in my library! Now every time I finish one I add a new one to the list. That site that compiles your Steam catalog's value and playtime said I have plaid around 25% of the games I own. So I figured it was time to get that percentage up a bit by accumulating less and playing more!

- Mahatma Gandhi

92. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 22:25 Dev

Cutter wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 22:18:
Edit: It's easy to gift Bats, he has over 60 games on his wishlist, lol! Everyone else has like 10 or 15.
Eh, I figure those ppl with less than 10 games are just a bit lazy
Anyway, I have like 150 on mine. Any game I'm even remotely interested in makes it there, and when they get cheap enough I usually grab them. Plus a bunch of DLC, etc. Sometimes I put new games on my wishlist that don't have any reviews, and figure at some point I'll check out reviews for them and either get them on sale or remove them from wishlist.

I'm surprised prez has a "mere" 27 games on his wishlist though.

91. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 22:22 Prez

It's been a hard year for me so sadly I can't go as nuts as I would normally have in the past as Santa Prez. I will keep gifting as the sale goes on, but if I don't get you this year please don't take it personally.

And you are welcome Verno!

- Mahatma Gandhi

90. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 22:22 Creston

Prez wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 20:27:
I decided that I'll continue the "Play it Forward" event that Krovven and I started last year despite the fact that he now hates me and wishes I would die in a fire.

Yeah, he got really upset over people thinking Diablo 3 sucks. It must be hard to be a fanboy of a shitty game made by a now-shitty developer.

Creston

89. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 22:22 Dev

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 22:16:
Hay guys, sorry, removed a couple people from friends list....not sure why it is capped at 249.
Because valve arbitrarily decided a friend limit? Or are you referring to it being 249 instead of 250? They count invites too I think.
I think they offer to expand it if you link it to your facebook (I created a facebook, linked it, then removed it, and its still expanded). I forget what the expanded number is though.

148 Replies. 8 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo