Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Holiday Sale

The annual holiday sale is now underway on Steam, offering a bunch of games on sale, with new additions daily, community choice voting, and flash deals to be announced along the way between now and when the event concludes on January 5th. Today's specials are Save 50-75% on the Borderlands Franchise, Save 75% on Mirror's Edge, Save 50% on the Hitman Franchise, Save 75% on the Prince of Persia Franchise, Save 33% on Scribblenauts Unlimited, and Save 75% on Wargame: European Escalation. Word is the new-and-improved sale features an easier way to see when the games you want go on sale:

The Steam Holiday Sale is on now and runs until January 5, 2012. There are huge savings throughout the store, with daily deals, flash sales, and catalog discounts. Additionally, every twelve hours there will be a chance for gamers to vote on a select game to go on sale.

This year, we've taken some of the guesswork out of when your favorite games will be on sale. You may now organize your Steam Wishlist and be notified via Steam Mobile and/or email when a game from the list goes on sale as a Daily Deal. The Steam Mobile App is available for both iOS and Android.

Complete information on all the savings, daily deals, featured publisher game packs, compilations and more may be found on www.steampowered.com.

View
148 Replies. 8 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

28. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 15:03 nin

SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 15:00:
Do you guys think Tropico4 will be on sale for more then 75% off as a daily deal? It is on for 66% off at the moment.

The golden rule is only buy daily deals, until the last day. An item might be discounted now, but could still go lower as apart of a daily deal.

Bottom line: It never hurts to wait, since that 66% off is good until Jan 5.

edit: On the other hand, at $10, how much will you really save? $5 at most?

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

27. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 15:00 SpectralMeat

Do you guys think Tropico4 will be on sale for more then 75% off as a daily deal? It is on for 66% off at the moment.  

Steam: SpectralMeat

26. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 14:55 nin

Ratty wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 14:45:
wtf_man wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 13:43:
Ratty wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 13:33:
Any SP FPS's I might want to look into? Even if they're a couple of years old.

I just finished Far Cry 3's main plot... It was surprisingly good, so I can recommend that if you are looking for something new.

I also picked up Painkiller Black on GOG... 2004 / 2005... very DOOM-like if you are into the nostalgia shooters.

Alpha Protocol... I enjoyed it, even though many poo poo it. It's cheap, so that might bring you some fun.
Good recommendations. I'd forgotten about Far Cry 3. I skipped 2 because I liked the island setting of the original and 2 just didn't seem that great. Was that the one where people complained about boring side quests where you had to drive back and forth all the time? FC 3 returns to an island setting - though not as vast as the original I guess - and it's been getting good reviews. OK. I'm in.

I have to look up PK Black - there's so many PKs out there including the crappy expansions which I stay away from like the plague. PK is one of my top 5 all time favorite games.

Don't know anything about Alpha Protocol. I'll look it up too.

Speaking of Obsidian (AP), KOTOR 2 is now on steam and the restored content mod is finally finished. Maybe toss that in the pile.

25. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 14:45 Ratty

wtf_man wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 13:43:
Ratty wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 13:33:
Any SP FPS's I might want to look into? Even if they're a couple of years old.

I just finished Far Cry 3's main plot... It was surprisingly good, so I can recommend that if you are looking for something new.

I also picked up Painkiller Black on GOG... 2004 / 2005... very DOOM-like if you are into the nostalgia shooters.

Alpha Protocol... I enjoyed it, even though many poo poo it. It's cheap, so that might bring you some fun.
Good recommendations. I'd forgotten about Far Cry 3. I skipped 2 because I liked the island setting of the original and 2 just didn't seem that great. Was that the one where people complained about boring side quests where you had to drive back and forth all the time? FC 3 returns to an island setting - though not as vast as the original I guess - and it's been getting good reviews. OK. I'm in.

I have to look up PK Black - there's so many PKs out there including the crappy expansions which I stay away from like the plague. PK is one of my top 5 all time favorite games.

Don't know anything about Alpha Protocol. I'll look it up too.

24. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 14:42 Verno

Arkham City for $7.50, damn I need to wait on these things.  

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

23. Play It Forward 2012 Dec 20, 2012, 14:39 Techie714

Here is the link guys PLEASE join the group if you want to participate.

Rules are simple:
Buy a friend a game. (not the same person that gifted to you, unless you use a 4-pack)
Invite them to the Group.
Post in comments the game purchased/received.
They buy another friend a game, invite them to the Group, tell them the Rules.
So on and so forth.
Make sure you get people to join the group for the duration of the Xmas event so we can see how many Played it Forward!
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/playitforward2012xmas

**Please make sure you have some items in your wishlist!

This comment was edited on Dec 20, 2012, 14:49.

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

22. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 14:32 nin

J wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 14:26:
If nin finishes all the unfinished games he owns on Steam by the end of the year I'll... oh who am I kidding? It's not possible!

Seriously. It's impossible. I'd have to go through 10-20 games each day, between now and the end of the year.

21. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 14:29 SpectralMeat

Verno wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 14:29:
Parallax Abstraction wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 14:25:
Verno wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 13:52:
Is Hitman Absolution worth $25? I loved Blood Money for point of reference.

It is no Blood Money, not by a long shot but I still liked it. I'd say it's worth $25 (or $20 if you can get the Amazon deal).

Ok thanks, I'm gonna bite then for $25.
It is $20 on amazon.com

20. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 14:29 Verno

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 14:25:

It is no Blood Money, not by a long shot but I still liked it. I'd say it's worth $25 (or $20 if you can get the Amazon deal).

Ok thanks, I'm gonna bite then for $25.

Edit: Thanks SpectralMeat

19. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 14:26 J

If nin finishes all the unfinished games he owns on Steam by the end of the year I'll... oh who am I kidding? It's not possible!  

18. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 14:25 Parallax Abstraction

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube (Watch/Rate/Comment on my shows!)

17. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 14:24 Verno

Sadly I was disappointed to learn he just loads/leaves Snuggle Truck running when hes idle, shattered the amusing image in my head of this guy with a goofy grin on his face playing it

I have a copy of Civ 5, 3 copies of Far Cry 3 and some other stuff to give away. Are we using the same group as last year or would it make more sense to create a new one to preserve the whole "get invited, gift something, invite someone else" thing?

16. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 14:23 MajorD

nin wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 13:38:
Deathbishop wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 13:37:
Is there a gift group as there was last year?

Yeah, get Prez in here - I wantsta know!

LOL! Man, I thought you guys were kidding when you were ribbing Prez about the amount of hours he has ranked up playing Snuggle Truck, but I just happen to check his Steam profile the other day and saw he did in fact have 99.9 hours of play time. Is that for Real Prez, is the game that good? LOL!

Where's xXBatmanXx? xXBatmanXx, if you finish all the unfinished games you own on Steam by the end of the year (2012), I'll gift you a game of your choice from the Steam Holiday Sale. Wink

15. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 14:17 Shok

I just bought a bunch of GoG packs this morning too. I already had games in some of the packs but GoG automagically subtracts the price of those games from the packs so it was a no-brainer.  

14. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 14:12 LgFriess

Ugh, my library of unplayed games just ... keeps... growing! I now look forward to these sales with a sense of eagerness and dread. Make it stop! There needs to be more hours in a day or something.  

13. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 14:02 Techie714

I'm in for the Play it forward event!  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

12. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 14:01 El Pit

So, based on the current price reductions, UFO, Dishonored, and Sleeping Dogs will be 50% off just like Borderlands 2 and the latest Hitman game. Nope, can wait for those to hit prices under $20.

But it sure looks like Max Payne 3 will be 75 % off before January 5. I'll bite!

0% off of FarCry 3 - it's too new. Well, I can wait. Even a year or more.

So it'll be only one of the top 10 games on my wish list that I'm going to buy. No problem - I still have to play Skyrim and others!

Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

11. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 14:00 SpectralMeat

ASeven wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 13:53:
Any hidden deals?
I've grabbed Unstoppable Gorg for $2.49 (75% off) if you are into tower defense games. It has a demo as well on Steam if you want to try it first.

10. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 13:59 Dev

nin wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 13:38:
Deathbishop wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 13:37:
Is there a gift group as there was last year?

Yeah, get Prez in here - I wantsta know!

Yeah, I have things to gift

9. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 13:59 SpectralMeat

It is $19.99 at amazon.com, Steam key
It is nothing like Blood Money was though, from what I am hearing. I think I will wait a bit with that one, grab it for $5~$10

148 Replies. 8 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo