Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Holiday Sale

The annual holiday sale is now underway on Steam, offering a bunch of games on sale, with new additions daily, community choice voting, and flash deals to be announced along the way between now and when the event concludes on January 5th. Today's specials are Save 50-75% on the Borderlands Franchise, Save 75% on Mirror's Edge, Save 50% on the Hitman Franchise, Save 75% on the Prince of Persia Franchise, Save 33% on Scribblenauts Unlimited, and Save 75% on Wargame: European Escalation. Word is the new-and-improved sale features an easier way to see when the games you want go on sale:

The Steam Holiday Sale is on now and runs until January 5, 2012. There are huge savings throughout the store, with daily deals, flash sales, and catalog discounts. Additionally, every twelve hours there will be a chance for gamers to vote on a select game to go on sale.

This year, we've taken some of the guesswork out of when your favorite games will be on sale. You may now organize your Steam Wishlist and be notified via Steam Mobile and/or email when a game from the list goes on sale as a Daily Deal. The Steam Mobile App is available for both iOS and Android.

Complete information on all the savings, daily deals, featured publisher game packs, compilations and more may be found on www.steampowered.com.

View
148 Replies. 8 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

48. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 17:53 Creston

PHJF wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 17:50:
So I guess BL2 DLC isn't part of the "Borderlands Franchise".

Yeah, I was waiting for this sale to pick them up too, but I guess Randy wants more money.

Sorry Randy. I'm not paying 10 bucks per campaign.

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

47. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 17:50 PHJF

So I guess BL2 DLC isn't part of the "Borderlands Franchise".  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

46. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 17:50 Fibrocyte

JayDeath wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 16:54:
Ratty wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 13:33:
I like the wishlist. I guess I'll go in and choose some games this evening. Dishonored is the only one that comes to mind right now. Might pick up a Serious Sam. I'll pass on Rage. I haven't bought very many games over the last two years - they just don't make them like they used to. Any SP FPS's I might want to look into? Even if they're a couple of years old.

Yes, you want Dishonored. It's really great.

And Hitman: A is absolutely worth 25 bucks.

I believe Hitman: Absolution is cheaper on amazon.com w/ steam key. Check it out.

45. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 17:47 Fibrocyte

El Pit wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 15:21:
Arkham City is a steal at $7.50!

nabbed it...

44. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 17:28 Cutter

Don't forget to check your wishlists - and get them up to date - for hidden deals. Also keep a close eye on Green Man Gaming. Lastly I have 3 copies of DOTA 2 to give away.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

43. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 17:13 The Half Elf

If anyone wants any of these let me know as I'd rather someone use them, then sit gathering dust.

Half Life 2
Half Life 2 Episode One
The Witcher Enhanced Directors Cut
Frozen Synapse

If anyone has anything they'd like to get rid of just send it my way

CptRanger on Steam.

Happy Holidays to all, and hope we survive tomorrow!

This comment was edited on Dec 20, 2012, 17:57.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

42. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 17:01 Marvin T. Martian

Just added Far Cry 3 to my wish list---if it hits 50% off or better I will grab it.  

41. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 16:54 JayDeath

Ratty wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 13:33:
I like the wishlist. I guess I'll go in and choose some games this evening. Dishonored is the only one that comes to mind right now. Might pick up a Serious Sam. I'll pass on Rage. I haven't bought very many games over the last two years - they just don't make them like they used to. Any SP FPS's I might want to look into? Even if they're a couple of years old.

Yes, you want Dishonored. It's really great.

And Hitman: A is absolutely worth 25 bucks.

Steam: BenRichards

40. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 16:51 nin

Alamar wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 16:36:
I guess this sickness has really gotten to me... I totally forgot this was coming...

-Alamar

Are you down with it?

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

39. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 16:36 Alamar

I guess this sickness has really gotten to me... I totally forgot this was coming...

-Alamar

38. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 16:26 Ratty

wtf_man wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 16:06:
but the other 3 types of side quests I left alone (Hunt Animals, Kill Some leader dude with a knife...
Oh that's right. Robbaz King of Sweden did the hunt animal quest on Youtube (hint: run em over in your jeep!)
wtf_man wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 16:06:
Still don't have any of the Crysis games (cuz I'm a dirty pirate as far as Crytek is concerned... so fuck 'em)
Yeah, no desire to get Crysis 2 or 3, even if it were free.
nin wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 16:06:
Oh wow - Didn't realize FC2 was on gog. Maybe I'll combine that with Riddick...
Riddick! Of course. Loved Butcher Bay and was meaning to try Dark Athena out. Thanks for the reminder.

This comment was edited on Dec 20, 2012, 16:31.

37. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 16:13 Beamer

I want Scribblenauts, but... $10.  
-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

36. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 16:09 nin

I skipped FC2 for basically the same reason as you... but it was cheap and DRM free... so I added it to my collection.

Oh wow - Didn't realize FC2 was on gog. Maybe I'll combine that with Riddick...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

35. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 16:06 wtf_man

Ratty wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 14:45:
Good recommendations. I'd forgotten about Far Cry 3. I skipped 2 because I liked the island setting of the original and 2 just didn't seem that great. Was that the one where people complained about boring side quests where you had to drive back and forth all the time? FC 3 returns to an island setting - though not as vast as the original I guess - and it's been getting good reviews. OK. I'm in.

In FC3 I stopped doing the side quests after unhiding the first couple of map sections, and concentrated on the main plot. I still did the towers (unhide map section) and liberated the 2 hostile camps in each map section, on the side... just to get around easier for the main plot... but the other 3 types of side quests I left alone (Hunt Animals, Kill Some leader dude with a knife, and blue exclamation point side quests (which are a bit less repetitive).

I bought FC2 on GOG as a result of FC3... so I imagine that skipping repetitive side quests can be avoided as well. I skipped FC2 for basically the same reason as you... but it was cheap and DRM free... so I added it to my collection.

Still don't have any of the Crysis games (cuz I'm a dirty pirate as far as Crytek is concerned... so fuck 'em)

34. Re: Play It Forward 2012 Dec 20, 2012, 16:01 Verno

Dev wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 15:47:
Techie714 wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 14:39:
Here is the link guys PLEASE join the group if you want to participate.
You sure? That one says 2011.

Isn't this the new one?

There was some community drama going on awhile ago so a backup was created to be safe. I don't think it matters what group people use, its the spirit of the thing that counts. For simplicitys sake the old group already has members so I would suggest just using that. I don't think anyone really cares if the "rules" are followed strictly or not, feel free to invite friends and family or whatever. If you get something then gift something and everyone will be happy.

I usually look at peoples wishlists when gifting so I suggest people take some time to update theirs, I know others do the same.

Playing: Gauntlet, Dark Souls 2, Wasteland 2
Watching: Intruders, 24 Live Another Day, The Signal

33. Re: Play It Forward 2012 Dec 20, 2012, 15:52 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, the Steam Holiday sale... and so begins the waiting game. Will they finally drop Skyrim below the 10 dollar mark? Will I(and other cheapskates) be able to wait it out!?

Steam sale is actually getting a little bit of competition this year for my bargain game dollars from gog.com, which is a nice change. Everything on gog seems to be on sale except the Baldur's Gate series, which is downright diabolical of gog.com.

ps. Yes I already own cd versions of all the Infinity Engine games, but my BG2 cds especially are worn out and chipped. Time to switch to pure digital format.

32. Re: Play It Forward 2012 Dec 20, 2012, 15:47 Dev

Techie714 wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 14:39:
Here is the link guys PLEASE join the group if you want to participate.
You sure? That one says 2011.

Isn't this the new one?
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/playitforward2012

31. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 15:40 Dev

SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 14:00:
ASeven wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 13:53:
Any hidden deals?
I've grabbed Unstoppable Gorg for $2.49 (75% off) if you are into tower defense games. It has a demo as well on Steam if you want to try it first.
Remember, don't buy anything except daily/flash until last day of sale. Else it might go on sale for more!

30. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 15:21 El Pit

Arkham City is a steal at $7.50!  
Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

29. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 15:10 SpectralMeat

nin wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 15:03:
SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 15:00:
Do you guys think Tropico4 will be on sale for more then 75% off as a daily deal? It is on for 66% off at the moment.

The golden rule is only buy daily deals, until the last day. An item might be discounted now, but could still go lower as apart of a daily deal.

Bottom line: It never hurts to wait, since that 66% off is good until Jan 5.

edit: On the other hand, at $10, how much will you really save? $5 at most?

It is true, I guess I better wait
$7.50 vs $11 I'll give it a few days if it won't be a daily deal and I break down and buy it but I want some of the DLC as well and those are all 66% atm. I guess if the main game goes 75% all the DLC also 75% so I better wait.

This comment was edited on Dec 20, 2012, 15:18.

Steam: SpectralMeat

148 Replies. 8 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo