Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Sequel Confirmed?

The Ubisoft Forums have an indication that Ubisoft is moving forward with another installment in the Ghost Recon: Future Soldier series of futuristic Tom Clancy shooters. A user posted a photo of a slide from an internal Ubisoft Kiev presentation saying the "'GRFS: Next' team wants to work with us," seemingly confirming a sequel. The PC edition of the first Future Soldier received lukewarm reviews, which explains the slide's mention of "difficult working conditions," but this does not prevent them from patting themselves on the back for releasing "a really great game," and the "great job" they did on the PC version's DX11, online multiplayer, and UI. Thanks Charliebrownau.

View
6. Re: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Sequel Confirmed? Dec 21, 2012, 02:12 Nadool

Future Soldier was a lot of fun to me. I still need to go back and finish the campaign which was awesome as far as the parts I did play.

The multi was a lot of fun too. Not really CoD at all. There were 3 classes which were good for certain things. You could have an engineer just setup in the back near your spawn, throw a drone up in the air, and mark and call out targets for teammates to take out. If you had people listening to a good engie, they could romp and embarrass the other team.

There was also hacking, which was probably the coolest feature and made it different than other shooters that I'd played. Any class could carry a taser instead of a pistol and use it on an enemy. While they were subdued, you could hack their feed, revealing enemy locations for as long as they were alive until they died and respawned.

It was very different from CoD and a nice change of pace. The objectives in the MP missions made it so you had to work together or else the game would be over fast. Oh, and you could get Dragon's Breath, which are shotgun shells that would also set enemies on fire. Those were awesome. Also if you resupplied at supply point objectives, your normal bullets would be replaced with incendiary ammo. Tits.

I really enjoyed it and will be looking forward to a sequel. I played on PS3, so I can't speak on the "lukewarm reviews" of the PC version however.

Previous Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Dec 20, 10:52 Re: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Sequel Confirmed? Parias
  2. Dec 20, 11:47 Re: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Sequel Confirmed? Quboid
  3. Dec 20, 12:29  Re: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Sequel Confirmed? Parias
  4. Dec 20, 18:54 Re: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Sequel Confirmed? netnerd85
  5. Dec 20, 21:27  Re: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Sequel Confirmed? Aero
>> 6. Dec 21, 02:12 Re: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Sequel Confirmed? Nadool

footer

Blue's News logo