Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Sequel Confirmed?

The Ubisoft Forums have an indication that Ubisoft is moving forward with another installment in the Ghost Recon: Future Soldier series of futuristic Tom Clancy shooters. A user posted a photo of a slide from an internal Ubisoft Kiev presentation saying the "'GRFS: Next' team wants to work with us," seemingly confirming a sequel. The PC edition of the first Future Soldier received lukewarm reviews, which explains the slide's mention of "difficult working conditions," but this does not prevent them from patting themselves on the back for releasing "a really great game," and the "great job" they did on the PC version's DX11, online multiplayer, and UI. Thanks Charliebrownau.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Sequel Confirmed? Dec 21, 2012, 02:12 Nadool

Future Soldier was a lot of fun to me. I still need to go back and finish the campaign which was awesome as far as the parts I did play.

The multi was a lot of fun too. Not really CoD at all. There were 3 classes which were good for certain things. You could have an engineer just setup in the back near your spawn, throw a drone up in the air, and mark and call out targets for teammates to take out. If you had people listening to a good engie, they could romp and embarrass the other team.

There was also hacking, which was probably the coolest feature and made it different than other shooters that I'd played. Any class could carry a taser instead of a pistol and use it on an enemy. While they were subdued, you could hack their feed, revealing enemy locations for as long as they were alive until they died and respawned.

It was very different from CoD and a nice change of pace. The objectives in the MP missions made it so you had to work together or else the game would be over fast. Oh, and you could get Dragon's Breath, which are shotgun shells that would also set enemies on fire. Those were awesome. Also if you resupplied at supply point objectives, your normal bullets would be replaced with incendiary ammo. Tits.

I really enjoyed it and will be looking forward to a sequel. I played on PS3, so I can't speak on the "lukewarm reviews" of the PC version however.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Sequel Confirmed? Dec 20, 2012, 21:27 Aero

Arrange to use the Far Cry 3 engine, go back toward the roots of the series, and a new GR could be both brilliant and not all that hard to create. Just the original GR's gameplay, with the bigger FC3-type maps and modern graphics would be killer. It's not like it was all that complex a game from a strategy perspective. That's one of the things that made it great: you had a simple set of tools (waypoints, cover arcs, ROE, a few special abilities), but with just that simple set, you had a lot of control and freedom. They could make controlling a soldier individually fairly action-oriented and first person (just like FC3 but with realistic weapons, damage and ballistics) so the twitch crowd would enjoy it, but still stay true to the roots that the thinking crowd likes.

They could pretty easily make a game that is genuinely superior to the original Ghost Recon games. Naturally, that won't happen because it makes too much sense, but I can always hope.

4. Re: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Sequel Confirmed? Dec 20, 2012, 18:54 netnerd85

Bring back GRIN and let them do GRAW3

... lol, dreaming there me thinks

3. Re: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Sequel Confirmed? Dec 20, 2012, 12:29 Parias

I had a ton of fun with GRAW on the PC doing co-op - I could park in a corner and use the top-down view to issue orders to the other players like an RTS game, while they ran around and killed stuff. It was great.

Future Soldier was fun too; the scripted events and mission structure made the game pretty interesting, particularly when combined with the rover. It was a bit arcadey and less strategic-feeling than the previous games (and the storyline was hard to pay attention to), but still decent amounts of fun.

2. Re: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Sequel Confirmed? Dec 20, 2012, 11:47 Quboid

This pretty much passed me by. I liked Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter, it was a nice mix of action with a bit of tactical overview. Nothing like the original Rainbow 6 but TBH that was too much for me.

How's this? Third person shooter CoD wannabe, or more?

- Quboid

1. Re: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Sequel Confirmed? Dec 20, 2012, 10:52 Parias

If it's got full campaign co-op like it's predecessor, I'll bite.  

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo