Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Borderlands 2 Hammerlock DLC Next Month

The Gearbox Software Facebook Page has word that the Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt DLC for Borderlands 2 will arrive on January 15th to add new content to the RPG/first-person shooter sequel. They point to this trailer on the pack, which sports the following caption: "Come out and enjoy an exciting hunt with Sir Hammerlock in the wild continent of Aegris!." Thanks nin.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Borderlands 2 Hammerlock DLC Next Month Dec 20, 2012, 19:14 Trevellian

Verno wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 13:08:
How is Mr. Torgues DLC anyway? I haven't gotten to it yet.

I've enjoyed what little bit of it I've played so far (Too busy with Planetside). The DLC's story seems to be kind of an ode to the drama oldschool WWF only in Deathmatch Arena matches instead of Wrestling Matches.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Borderlands 2 Hammerlock DLC Next Month Dec 20, 2012, 13:55 jacobvandy

Interestingly, companion news to this announcement is that they might be doing a SECOND season of DLC next year. Apparently 2K and Gearbox want to support Borderlands 2 for as long as it remains popular. I'm cool with that.  

13. Re: Borderlands 2 Hammerlock DLC Next Month Dec 20, 2012, 13:08 Verno

How is Mr. Torgues DLC anyway? I haven't gotten to it yet.  

Playing: Infamous Second Son
Watching: Midsomer Murders, Dominion, The Knick

12. Re: More Big Picture Details Dec 20, 2012, 12:58 The Half Elf

There are only 2 major gripes with BL2. 1) Repeated DLC that noone wanted from from BL 1 (the Arena).
2)The Story was just too long (that or just too many sidequests).

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

11. Re: More Big Picture Details Dec 20, 2012, 12:23 Verno

I liked BL2, it was a good game but like the first I'd say it was on the cusp of being a great game but fell just short. I really loved what they did with the PC port this time around and at least it had a story this time. The writing was alright, sometimes hilarious, sometimes just immature and stupid but I understand they were going for broad appeal here. Graphically it looked much better with colors other than brown and a variety of config options. I played it for a fair chunk of time so I certainly got my moneys worth, no complaints with the value.

Improvements for the future: tune the auto-gen on loot so its less samey, I felt like I got the same 30 guns over and over with increasing stats. Tighter netcode in general would be nice for the shooting side of the game in MP. More skills and more skill variety between classes. After 2 games I think we can ditch the archetypes they've been sticking to and see some genuinely new characters with fresh skill sets and trees.

The DLC has been coming at a pretty fast clip so I'm sure before long they'll be back to work on BL3, if they aren't already.

This comment was edited on Dec 20, 2012, 12:28.

10. Re: More Big Picture Details Dec 20, 2012, 11:57 Wowbagger_TIP

Verno wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 11:44:
HorrorScope wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 11:31:
BL 1.5? That is just saying they stayed true to the franchise.

Nobody said that was intended as a negative label, sheesh.

The term does seem to be used that way most commonly though.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

9. Re: More Big Picture Details Dec 20, 2012, 11:50 HorrorScope

Verno wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 11:44:

Well I didn't all cap you, the way you choose to read it is your choice. But a lot of times when people do use that, it is used as "it's too much the same" or "because of that the price should be like 1/2, feels like a mod".

I'm saying it's not a bad thing, like you are as well. 1.5 is a little slap to me, but I'M NOT THAT CONCERNED ABOUT IT! LOL

I felt BL2 was easily one of the funnest games this past year.

8. Re: More Big Picture Details Dec 20, 2012, 11:44 Verno

7. Re: More Big Picture Details Dec 20, 2012, 11:31 HorrorScope

BL 1.5? That is just saying they stayed true to the franchise. Didn't go from drop down view to first person (name that game?). Means they didn't have a skill systems where you could choose up to 8 skills from hundreds then for part two this skills are locked to a few when you change weapon (name that game?).

It means they had success with 1.0, wasn't ashamed of it and made a improved 2nd version, which is mostly what people want in a successful franchise.

Should Evil Dead 2 the movie be called Evil Dead 1.5?

6. Re: Borderlands 2 Hammerlock DLC Next Month Dec 20, 2012, 11:21 nin

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 11:16:
Rather have DLC that allows the other DLC vehicles to be used in the Main Game...

As someone on the GB forums suggested, I (also) want the 4th DLC to be attacking/taking place on the Hyperion station.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

5. Re: Borderlands 2 Hammerlock DLC Next Month Dec 20, 2012, 11:16 The Half Elf

Rather have DLC that allows the other DLC vehicles to be used in the Main Game...  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

4. Re: Borderlands 2 Hammerlock DLC Next Month Dec 20, 2012, 10:55 Verno

avianflu wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 10:26:
Ive got 6 hours into BL2 and its great; but so far it seems an awful lot just like BL1. Remains to be seen how interested i'll be in the DLC.

I agree with Creston, its a good game but more like BL 1.5 in many ways. They fixed a lot of the broken/annoying mechanics in the first one but also regressed in other ways. The DLC is more of the same so far so if you like BL2 then you'll like the DLC. I would just wait for a GOTY edition though rather than buying it individually unless you already have the "season pass" or whatever.

3. Re: Borderlands 2 Hammerlock DLC Next Month Dec 20, 2012, 10:53 nin

Preview here

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

2. Re: Borderlands 2 Hammerlock DLC Next Month Dec 20, 2012, 10:45 Creston

avianflu wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 10:26:
Ive got 6 hours into BL2 and its great; but so far it seems an awful lot just like BL1. Remains to be seen how interested i'll be in the DLC.

It's really BL 1.5, but some of the later missions do get really cool. The assault on the bunker and going to Opportunity are two that really make the game stand out from BL1. You'll see.

As for the DLC, I will say this, they are churning them out at a blistering pace. See how it works, id?

This one looks pretty cool, to be honest.

Creston

1. Re: Borderlands 2 Hammerlock DLC Next Month Dec 20, 2012, 10:26 avianflu

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo