Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Black Isle Fundraiser

The Black Isle Website offers a new trailer (NSFW) introducing their "Mayan Apocalypse Replacement Program," a humorous take on the humorous notion that an ancient civilization would be able to pin down the end of humankind to the precise day. This is all part of a fundraising effort for PV13, the upcoming project from the recently revived developer. The clip concludes with the developers introducing themselves and their pride in having participated in development of Fallout. The campaign differs from Kickstarters by not making any sort of commitment on how user contributions will impact development of the game, as all the backer rewards involve forum privileges. Thanks Eurogamer.

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: Black Isle Fundraiser Dec 21, 2012, 02:00 WyldKat

What a joke...you don't even get a copy of the game at any pledge level.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Black Isle Fundraiser Dec 20, 2012, 19:04 Cutter

I'd like to see Disney dust off the old IPs for Outlaws, Grim Fandango, and Xwing v. Tie Fighter - mebbe even Jedi Academy. I'd love to see someone take a stab at an Interstate '76 type game.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

15. Re: Black Isle Fundraiser Dec 20, 2012, 18:14 Creston

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 12:31:
Soo... has the Kickstarter bubble officially burst yet or what?

Don't get me wrong, I donated to Grim Dawn and Project Eternity, but Kickstarters seem to be headed downhill at a breakneck pace these days.

Not really. For all the hesitancy and the pisspoor campaign run by Braben, he's basically sitting at a million bucks, with 15 days left to go. Several really cool projects have just gotten funded, Molyeneueueuxu got his 450K GBP, Limit Theory is approaching 200K.

I think if another huge nostalgia project by a major dev were to show up, it'd make several million as well. (say, for example, 15 guys are sick and tired of EA running the show, break off from Bioware, and get the rights from Disney, then do a KOTOR3 kickstarter. I'd be on that in a heartbeat.)

Creston

14. Re: Black Isle Fundraiser Dec 20, 2012, 15:48 MoreLuckThanSkill

Kajetan wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 13:31:

Don't get me wrong, I donated to Grim Dawn and Project Eternity, but Kickstarters seem to be headed downhill at a breakneck pace these days.
This "special" project has nothing to do with Kickstarter. Kickstarter is only one of several crowdfunding plattforms. And "Crowdfunding" is the term you might want to use. And no, there is nothing going downhill at a breakneck pace these days. Not even the world. Only the usual internet hyperbole

Hrm yeah, Crowdfunding would have been a better choice. Upon further review, Blue even wrote "differs from Kickstarters..." Basically I shouldn't post as soon as I wake up.

ps. The world is always going to hell in a handbasket though.

13. Re: Black Isle Fundraiser Dec 20, 2012, 14:52 GibMonkey

One word.

SKEEEEEEVY.

12. Re: Black Isle Fundraiser Dec 20, 2012, 13:31 Kajetan

This "special" project has nothing to do with Kickstarter. Kickstarter is only one of several crowdfunding plattforms. And "Crowdfunding" is the term you might want to use. And no, there is nothing going downhill at a breakneck pace these days. Not even the world. Only the usual internet hyperbole

11. Re: Black Isle Fundraiser Dec 20, 2012, 13:14 nin

I kicked in for To Be Or Not To Be: That Is The Adventure this morning.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

10. Re: Black Isle Fundraiser Dec 20, 2012, 12:31 MoreLuckThanSkill

9. Re: Black Isle Fundraiser Dec 20, 2012, 12:25 Cutter

Yeah, I'm sure this break out like gangbusters.

Rolleyes

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

8. Re: Black Isle Fundraiser Dec 20, 2012, 12:04 eRe4s3r

This is really.. wtf? Black isle doesn't even exist in anything but name anymore. All the devs are over on Bioware or Obsidian...  

7. Re: Black Isle Fundraiser Dec 20, 2012, 12:00 jimnms

Black Isle needs a Kickstarter to Kickstart a Kickstarter  

MeanJim on Steam

6. Re: Black Isle Fundraiser Dec 20, 2012, 11:40 wtf_man

What The Fuck? I can say "fuck" but I can't say F*beep*T ???
... That's Right!

LOL!

5. Re: Black Isle Fundraiser Dec 20, 2012, 11:28 The Half Elf

Only thing I heard even close to being anyone from Black Isle was someone worked on Starfleet Command.

*goes off to install it before the world ends*

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

4. Re: Black Isle Fundraiser Dec 20, 2012, 11:23 ItBurn

So, you're giving money to a project with no information. You get no real privilege. You have no idea who the team is. No one from the old team is there, and they're reusing the Black Isle name, which isn't ... honest.

Reminds me of the time a publisher asked a dev to make a kickstarter and that they'd publish it. The dev was like, why would we finance ourselves through kickstarter and then give you money? Seems like a case of clueless publisher.

I fear the Black Isle cred may be enough for people to donate though. Hopefully, a LOT more detail surfaces soon.

3. Re: Black Isle Fundraiser Dec 20, 2012, 11:18 Creston

This is just name raping. This Black Isle has nothing to do with the BI of old, and it's just a blatant money grab.

Creston

2. Re: Black Isle Fundraiser Dec 20, 2012, 10:23 Kajetan

If this isnt a scam, i dont know what else.  

1. Re: Black Isle Fundraiser Dec 20, 2012, 10:12 nin

NOT Project Eternity. Or any of the folks that previously worked at BI, I believe?

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo