Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

God Mode Announced

Saber Interactive (Inversion, TimeShift) announces God Mode, a third-person shooter coming to Windows and Consoles early next year. There are details about this on IGN along with an announcement trailer which includes the most excruciatingly odd voiceover we can recall in such a clip. That tone supports the quote they provide from developer Matthew Karch saying the game "doesn't take itself too seriously." Here's more:

Playing as the descendant of an ancient-God-turned-mere-mortal by Hades, you and up to three co-op mode friends (online or offline) must blast your way through the Maze of Hades and its denizens in order to avoid eternal damnation. All the while, you'll be egged on by a goofy narrator, similar to a wackier version of the "Double Kill" announcer from Halo.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: God Mode Dec 21, 2012, 10:12 The Half Elf

the old Konami code games?  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: God Mode Dec 21, 2012, 09:37 Ant

Beelzebud wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 20:50:
So "god mode" is now a trademarked property...
I wonder what's the first game that had "god mode".

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

8. Re: God Mode Announced Dec 20, 2012, 22:36 ItBurn

Fuck that voice  

7. Re: God Mode Announced Dec 20, 2012, 20:50 Beelzebud

So "god mode" is now a trademarked property...  

6. Re: God Mode Announced Dec 20, 2012, 17:24 Fantaz

LesCaster wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 11:51:
All the while, you'll be egged on by a goofy narrator

If the narrator is the same guy doing the voiceover in the trailer they may want to rethink that decision. I would last maybe 5 minutes listening to that before needing to quit the game.
Cutter wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 12:23:
Yeesh, I don't put a lot of stock in a product produced by people who think that voiceover was a good idea.

i know... that was seriously so bad... like, painfully bad.

5. Re: God Mode Announced Dec 20, 2012, 16:19 Dmitri_M

PHJF wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 13:00:
iddqd
followed closely by idkfa

4. Re: God Mode Announced Dec 20, 2012, 13:00 PHJF

iddqd  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

3. Re: God Mode Announced Dec 20, 2012, 12:37 The Half Elf

Having not watched the trailer (thank you for those who sacrificed yourself for the greater good), the only time I've used a god mode or trainer for it has typically been in 3rd person action games like Prototype, Saints Row 3 type sandbox games where you can create 6 tons of destruction (kinda like going apeshit with the disasters in SimCity). Or like in a Elder Scrolls game where ya spawn in 50 guards vs 1 dragon just to see what would happen.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

2. Re: God Mode Announced Dec 20, 2012, 12:23 Cutter

Yeesh, I don't put a lot of stock in a product produced by people who think that voiceover was a good idea.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

1. Re: God Mode Announced Dec 20, 2012, 11:51 LesCaster

All the while, you'll be egged on by a goofy narrator

If the narrator is the same guy doing the voiceover in the trailer they may want to rethink that decision. I would last maybe 5 minutes listening to that before needing to quit the game.

I once prayed to god for a bike, but quickly found out he didnt work that way...so I stole a bike and prayed for his forgiveness.

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo