Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Q: How many Verizon customer service reps does it take to change a phone number? A: We don't know, we haven't gone through enough of them yet. After three full working days, Verizon has still not managed to assign the right number to one of our phone lines. Here's a paraphrase of an actual conversation (an hour after I started by asking for a supervisor and getting roped into letting him try): Him: "We have to send another technician to fix this." Me: "If you had to change the number of the line I'm talking to you on, would you have to send anyone?" Him: "No." Me: "Okay, I need to speak to your supervisor." Him: "Mr. Jones will call you back in 24-48 hours." Me: "I need to speak with your disconnection department." Disconnection department: "Please give us thirty minutes and we promise to get this all taken care of." (without having to send a tech). So far they are about 18 hours over and counting on their 30 minute fix. I'd like to think they care that I am recounting their incompetence online, but it really seems like they don't really care much about anything.

Here is what I can piece together of the disorganized postings of last week's NFL picks: Verno 12-4, Creston 11-5, Mag 11-3-? (skipped a pick and selected Dolph Lundgren), Blue and Jivaro 9-7, Cutter 9-6 (skipped a pick), Rigs 8-8, and Batman 8-6 (can't find two of his picks). Here's what my dartboard came up with for this week: Falcons, Packers, Texans, Buccaneers, Redskins, Saints, Chargers, Panthers, Dolphins, Steelers, Patriots, Colts, Broncos, Giants, Bears, and Seahawks.

Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Berzerk Ball 2.
Science: Squeeze returns breast cancer cells to normal. Thanks Wraith.
Media: A Leap of Faith.
It's All An Illusion.
Are Cats Better DJs Than Dogs? {Scientific Evidence}.
Birds take over Walmart. Seagulls. The universal symbol of hygiene.
The Funnies: Wrong Place, Wrong Time Cartoon - Savage Chickens.

View
36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

16. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 20, 2012, 13:14 jacobvandy

MAFUCKIN' STEAM HOLIDAY SALE 2012 HAS STARTED!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 20, 2012, 12:58 Rigs

nin wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 11:22:
I second the suggestion to go on to DSL Reports (or 'Broadband Reports', whatever the hell) and tell them. They usually get things done quickly...failing that, Blue, you know your loyal followers here will gladly 'spread the word' to every site if you wish it, you need only give the word...

Consumerist!

Understood! We have a Code Blue Consumerist Alert! Waiting on confirmation of Pancake activation!...

Maybe we can turn this into an internet meme phenomenon, one last time before the world ends? Yes, To Youtube! (and 4chan!)

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Dec 20, 2012, 13:08.

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

14. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 20, 2012, 12:53 Wallshadows

Prez wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 12:32:
After all that they still aren't starting Tebow. Why did they bother getting him again? At this point I doubt he'll ever play in the NFL again.

Oh no! No more Tebow?

It says on your chart that you're fucked up. Ah, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 20, 2012, 12:32 Prez

Verno wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 10:45:
...JETS (stop failing me!)...

After all that they still aren't starting Tebow. Why did they bother getting him again? At this point I doubt he'll ever play in the NFL again.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

12. Foolzatch@gmail.com Dec 20, 2012, 12:25 Rain

These are the job makers Blue! Cut them some slack, give them additional government subsidies, and tax breaks and they'll create millions of more jobs! Seriously!  

"Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae..."
------------------------------------------------

11. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 20, 2012, 12:13 mag

Haha. Sorry, Blue. Dolph Lundgren was Miami. Though I should have picked him instead of the Jets/Titans game.  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 20, 2012, 11:56 LesCaster

it really seems like they don't really care much about anything.

Sorry about your frustration but I am now feeling much better with my decision to switch back to Cablevision.

I once prayed to god for a bike, but quickly found out he didnt work that way...so I stole a bike and prayed for his forgiveness.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 20, 2012, 11:22 nin

I second the suggestion to go on to DSL Reports (or 'Broadband Reports', whatever the hell) and tell them. They usually get things done quickly...failing that, Blue, you know your loyal followers here will gladly 'spread the word' to every site if you wish it, you need only give the word...

Consumerist!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

8. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 20, 2012, 11:17 Paranoid Jack

Blue, I hope it will be resolved soon. You may want to have them active a new service/number and then when they figure it out have them port your old number over.

The telco giants are all the same. Not comforting, I know, but I suspect it is all part of a bigger problem. They have split their internal work groups into so many sections that nobody... except the most senior techs can get anything accomplished. Part of the issue is they are trying to work around or remove the existing regulations set in place by the government. The other part is that they are trying to kill off the Unions. So all their new products are deemed non-regulated and segregated to new work groups that are all contract employees with no benefits. And we all know that contractors that are not directly hired by you have no repercussions so they know no matter how bad their customer service is it will never come back to bite them.

Several years ago I would active dial tone over fiber with one call if it didn't automatically flow through when I activated the optical network terminal at the premise. Now I have to call or instant message between half a dozen and a dozen reps until I get one of them to stop passing me off or claiming its not their job. Last time I had an issue it took me three to four hours and two visits to the premise to get a second service working correctly.

I'm not one for bigger government but there is only one thing that is going to get the big three to stop putting share holders first... regulating the Internet. By which I mean data of any kind to include cellular services. Once they are facing fines/loss of revenue due to their poor management of the services they will be forced to improve or fix the broken support systems they have put into place.

I'm also stuck between the Union and company. I think the Union is a necessary evil and losing them would only effect us all in a negative way. Now if we could only get the Unions to wake up and see their demise correlates to their effectiveness. From what I have witnessed personally they have become as corrupt as the companies they are there to keep in check. Some of their leaders run their locals like mob bosses protected under the non-profit banners they wave every time they are caught with their hand in the cookie jar.

Anyway, Blue, you may find that canceling the service just to have them reactivated by a competent business office rep may also fix the issues. I've used that approach on several occasions. The trick is getting a rep willing to do it. Either way I wish you luck and remind you that once they have figured out their programing issues it will all be worth it.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 20, 2012, 11:07 Rigs

Holy crap, my last two picks came out right? Geez, I was rockin' a 6-8 record before those two. I wonder how many I can manage to absent-mindedly win this time?

My choice cuts for this last free week, in on Thursday in case we don't live to see Saturday...(then again, that would mean no games either...aeh, God most have football up there in Heaven, right? Because the Devil has football in hell, but it's 'REAL' football, as in SOCCER...BWAHAHAHA!!!)...*ahem*...Falcons, Bills, Steelers, Redskins, Packers, Rams, Raiders, Cowboys, Pats, Texans, Colts, Jets, Broncos, GIANTS! (*cringe*), Cards, 49ers

And if you happen to have forgotten the word, it's pancakes...

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

6. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 20, 2012, 11:01 nin

Creston wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 10:57:
Btw, I have no idea if something like this works in NYC, but here if you get treated this shittily by a corporation, you call the news. Several stations have this "problem solving" segment, and once the news gets involved, suddenly shit magically happens.

I can just see the headlines "Mega-popular Website Held Hostage By Verizon Incompetence!"

Creston

We need to social media it a bit...get peoples attention with a title like "Who must Blue fuck to get FIOS?"

5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 20, 2012, 10:57 Creston

Btw, I have no idea if something like this works in NYC, but here if you get treated this shittily by a corporation, you call the news. Several stations have this "problem solving" segment, and once the news gets involved, suddenly shit magically happens.

I can just see the headlines "Mega-popular Website Held Hostage By Verizon Incompetence!"

Creston

4. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 20, 2012, 10:54 Creston

VERNNOOOO!!!!!!! Shakefist

Why is it always one of you evil little mosquitos that picks better than me! WHYYYYYYYYYYY???!!!!!!!! I finally beat Jivaro for a week, and now it's you! Cry

Ahem...

Picks!

Falcons, Saints, Packers, Colts, Dolphins, Chargers, Redskins, Steelers, Rams, Panthers, Patriots (What's the line on this game? Patriots by 80??), Texans, Broncos, Bears (win a fucking game, cutlerfucker!!!!), Ravens, 49'ers.

Creston

3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 20, 2012, 10:45 Verno

I'd suggest posting on the Verizon Direct forum at DSLR. I have a friend who works in NOC over there and he claims that doing so is the best way to get it taken care of quickly.

My football picks for this week:

Falcons, Panthers, Cowboys, Packers, Texans, Patriots, Colts, Dolphins, JETS (stop failing me!), Redskins, Steelers, Buccs, Broncos, Bears, Giants, 49ers.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling

2. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 20, 2012, 10:25 nin

Maybe you should post their support number here, along with your ticket number, and everyone calls them?!

1. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 20, 2012, 10:17 MajorD

Wall2

36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo