Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Q: How many Verizon customer service reps does it take to change a phone number? A: We don't know, we haven't gone through enough of them yet. After three full working days, Verizon has still not managed to assign the right number to one of our phone lines. Here's a paraphrase of an actual conversation (an hour after I started by asking for a supervisor and getting roped into letting him try): Him: "We have to send another technician to fix this." Me: "If you had to change the number of the line I'm talking to you on, would you have to send anyone?" Him: "No." Me: "Okay, I need to speak to your supervisor." Him: "Mr. Jones will call you back in 24-48 hours." Me: "I need to speak with your disconnection department." Disconnection department: "Please give us thirty minutes and we promise to get this all taken care of." (without having to send a tech). So far they are about 18 hours over and counting on their 30 minute fix. I'd like to think they care that I am recounting their incompetence online, but it really seems like they don't really care much about anything.

Here is what I can piece together of the disorganized postings of last week's NFL picks: Verno 12-4, Creston 11-5, Mag 11-3-? (skipped a pick and selected Dolph Lundgren), Blue and Jivaro 9-7, Cutter 9-6 (skipped a pick), Rigs 8-8, and Batman 8-6 (can't find two of his picks). Here's what my dartboard came up with for this week: Falcons, Packers, Texans, Buccaneers, Redskins, Saints, Chargers, Panthers, Dolphins, Steelers, Patriots, Colts, Broncos, Giants, Bears, and Seahawks.

Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Berzerk Ball 2.
Science: Squeeze returns breast cancer cells to normal. Thanks Wraith.
Media: A Leap of Faith.
It's All An Illusion.
Are Cats Better DJs Than Dogs? {Scientific Evidence}.
Birds take over Walmart. Seagulls. The universal symbol of hygiene.
The Funnies: Wrong Place, Wrong Time Cartoon - Savage Chickens.

View
36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

36. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 21, 2012, 04:34 mag

Cutter wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 19:08:
mag wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 17:32:
Alright, here we go. Nothing clever, this time. Just some straight up (terrible) picks.

Falcons, Raiders, Dolphins, Bengals, Patriots, Colts, Cowboys, Redskins, Rams, Chargers, Packers, Texans, Broncos, Bears, Giants, 49ers.

Lots of hard games this week. Steelers are falling apart, but the Bengals can't win against Pittsburgh at home. Rams vs. Bucs is... hard. Giants vs. Ravens? Which good-but-collapsing team will win? Ugh. Rooting for a Ravens loss just because it'll help the Bengals. 49ers vs. Seahawks should probably be wild.

Pats, Packers, Broncos seem like the only sure things, this week.

I'd call the Falcons, Redskins, and 49ers a lock as well.

Ah, right. You're right about the Falcons and Redskins. 49ers/Seahawks, not so sure. Seattle has been really good at running up the score lately. But so have the Pats, and we saw what happened to them.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

35. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 21, 2012, 00:15 Jivaro

My picks for this week:

Atlanta, Carolina, New Orleans, Green Bay, Houston, New England, Indy, Miami, New York Jets, Washington, Pittsburgh, St Louis, Denver, Chicago, New York Giants, San Francisco

The two hardest games to pick involved the two NY teams. They could both just as easily lose those games and I wouldn't be surprised in the least. Lil' Manning usually responds well in must win games though and I think McElroy is a future starter in the NFL so I decided to go 100% NY for the week.

BTW, I hate fantasy football. I have the most points in my league...by over 200+ points....and I am in 7th place out of 12. W T F.

34. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 20, 2012, 20:29 Rigs

Cutter wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 19:08:
Alright, here we go. Nothing clever, this time. Just some straight up (terrible) picks.

Falcons, Raiders, Dolphins, Bengals, Patriots, Colts, Cowboys, Redskins, Rams, Chargers, Packers, Texans, Broncos, Bears, Giants, 49ers.

Lots of hard games this week. Steelers are falling apart, but the Bengals can't win against Pittsburgh at home. Rams vs. Bucs is... hard. Giants vs. Ravens? Which good-but-collapsing team will win? Ugh. Rooting for a Ravens loss just because it'll help the Bengals. 49ers vs. Seahawks should probably be wild.

I swear if the Giants lose another one like last week I'll...I'll!...ah, who am I kidding, I'll whine and complain like a little girl like always... Sigh

NegaDeath wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 18:25:
crypto wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 17:47:
Having worked at a Cingular call center in the past (the horror) I can attest to that business practice. Call center reps are barely trained to the point where they no longer drool on the keyboard. The technically minded and experienced reps were encouraged to answer forum posts in between calls.

Oh wow, you too, eh? I worked in the Ocala, FL call center in mid-2003. I can definitely confirm what you're saying. I had three weeks of 'training', in a class of over 30. The first week on 'the floor' we lost 10 right off the bat. My 'team' was hardest hit as me and one guy were the only ones left. I had NO idea WHAT THE HELL I WAS DOING! None. Zip. Zilch. Nada. Zero! They taught us things in class that NEVER came up in the real world (like advanced physics and calculus to be a taxi driver). They gave us two 'real life' calls and let us sit in with other reps for some calls while the teachers disappeared. I couldn't ask anything and the guy I was with was either a complete asshole or was trying to show off. He was an absolute dick to everyone he talked to and then would smirk and giggle about it after. My teacher tried to do his best but some of us were just really untrainable. I left after two months when I got sent to the ER for exhaustion (not from the job but other life issues at the time) and then back in the hospital a little later for a bad case of the Flu. They didn't give me any leeway on the sick days and I used a whole years worth in a week or so. I actually got into a major argument with the staff 'upstairs' about this and my final paycheck and wouldn't leave until it was settled, on a Saturday, which meant the district manager had to come in to sign it. Too fuckin' bad. I never went back after that. The only thing he cared about was getting back to his golf game.

On top of all that, your calls (ALL of them) were recorded and gone through and graded. Supposedly, every quarter they would sit you down and go through some of them. Now this might be a good way to work out any problems that come up but I didn't like being 'on a leesh'. Plus, I had a problem with taking calls personally, which is a major no-no apparently. My 10 year customer service career ended with that job, I'll never do another...

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

33. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 20, 2012, 19:08 Cutter

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

32. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 20, 2012, 18:31 The Half Elf

Creston wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 18:16:
The Half Elf wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 17:19:
Padre's, Yankee's, and Red Wings.

Giggle

Creston

Should I have added Michael Phelps as well?

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

31. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 20, 2012, 18:25 NegaDeath

crypto wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 17:47:
This.

I don't use verizon but I started bitch'n there about my connection and a tech started talking to me, fixed it. I the call centers are full of nincompoops and the real staff are hangin out at dslr

Having worked at a Cingular call center in the past (the horror) I can attest to that business practice. Call center reps are barely trained to the point where they no longer drool on the keyboard. The technically minded and experienced reps were encouraged to answer forum posts in between calls.

30. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 20, 2012, 18:16 Creston

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 17:19:
Padre's, Yankee's, and Red Wings.

Giggle

Creston

29. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 20, 2012, 17:47 crypto

Verno wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 10:45:
I'd suggest posting on the Verizon Direct forum at DSLR.

This.

I don't use verizon but I started bitch'n there about my connection and a tech started talking to me, fixed it. I the call centers are full of nincompoops and the real staff are hangin out at dslr

28. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 20, 2012, 17:32 mag

27. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 20, 2012, 17:19 The Half Elf

Steam Holiday Sale GAH, hell of a time to be unemployed.

Ok I'm gonna go in on this 'football' thing you guys do.
*breaks out the holy water... for Creston that is*

Lions, Dolphins, Raiders, Steelers, Saints, Packers, Vikings, Colts, Jaguars, Chargers, Eagles, Buccaneers, Broncos, Giants, Padre's, Yankee's, and Red Wings.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

26. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 20, 2012, 17:17 Cutter

Falcons, Texans, Rams, Redskins, Saints, Colts, Pats, Steelers, Dolphins, Panthers, Packers, Chargers, Broncos, Bears, Giants, 49ers.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

25. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 20, 2012, 16:55 nin

Your wallet becomes cursed this time of year - no matter how you try to rid yourself of it, it will always find its way back to you

It's like the fucking One Ring, man. The Precious calls...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

24. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 20, 2012, 16:53 Prez

nin wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 13:27:
jacobvandy wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 13:14:
MAFUCKIN' STEAM HOLIDAY SALE 2012 HAS STARTED!

<closes eyes, spins 3 times, throws wallet in random direction, accidentally smacks coworker in head>

"HERE! TAKE THAT! AND DON'T LET ME HAVE IT BACK!"

Your wallet becomes cursed this time of year - no matter how you try to rid yourself of it, it will always find its way back to you. And no matter what you type in your browser's address bar the Steam store will come up. Such is the power of Steam. Don't fight it; it only makes it more painful.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

23. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 20, 2012, 15:40 Ant

Verno wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 10:45:
I'd suggest posting on the Verizon Direct forum at DSLR. I have a friend who works in NOC over there and he claims that doing so is the best way to get it taken care of quickly...
I agree. Also, try Verizon's official forum too.

I really hope someone official, from Verizon, is reading his posts. It's good that he is ranting. He is big enough online to get much better support than this!

This comment was edited on Dec 20, 2012, 15:46.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

22. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 20, 2012, 14:56 nin

1badmf wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 14:50:
in other news, squeezing breasts makes cancer go away. like we needed an excuse to squeeze more tittays.

Breast-tes-ses-es!

21. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 20, 2012, 14:50 1badmf

in other news, squeezing breasts makes cancer go away. like we needed an excuse to squeeze more tittays.  

20. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 20, 2012, 14:31 Verno

Wallshadows wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 12:53:
Prez wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 12:32:
After all that they still aren't starting Tebow. Why did they bother getting him again? At this point I doubt he'll ever play in the NFL again.

Oh no! No more Tebow?

I'm not exactly a huge fan myself, it's just mystifying why Sanchez kept getting the go-to after all of the problems throughout the season.

Playing: Dark Souls 2
Watching: Korengal, Legends, Intruders

19. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 20, 2012, 13:27 Hoop

I would love to go into details of the trials I've been going through at work trying to get our web site hosted & domain re-established now that we have control of it. Previously it was all handeled by the people that built it, my god what a bunch of fucking morons. They failed to see that all our problems stemmed from them not deleting the original account with the hosting site.
During this drama I had to ring the hosting company support line in the US & was prepared for the worst, to my relief they were just fantastic. Finally I get a reply from the local morons to say oh we now see your issue & have deleted the original account, duh!
It's still not over, the dipshit domain registration company the morons used have'nt released our domain even though it was up for renewal last month. arghh!

Oh yeah & btw it is the 21st here 7.45am no sign of the end of existence yet, sorry Blue no getting out of the Verizon Zone for you.

This comment was edited on Dec 20, 2012, 13:51.

Um .. Behind you...

18. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 20, 2012, 13:27 nin

<closes eyes, spins 3 times, throws wallet in random direction, accidentally smacks coworker in head>

"HERE! TAKE THAT! AND DON'T LET ME HAVE IT BACK!"

17. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 20, 2012, 13:25 NegaDeath

It begins!

Glad I have two weeks off after friday.

36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo