Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Legal Briefs

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 20, 2012, 11:11 Creston

SirKnight wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 00:24:
Starcraft....most accurate simulator of real life shooting ever.

The military is spending billions on computer upgrades for starcraft training right now.

Once the soldiers are done spending half a day on starcraft, they then go practice regenerative healing by hiding behind rocks and crates after being hit in the head by a sniper round.

In a scoop for CBSNews, we heard that next year, the US military will unveil its new, undefeatable strategy: The Zerg Infantry Rush!

By sending hundreds of infantry deep behind enemy lines to harrass the enemy's population as they go to work, the enemy's resource collection will be whittled down to almost zero, which in turn means they will not be able to produce any units.

"They won't be able to afford them," said General Mensk, with a gleeful smirk on his face. "Then when we send in the Battle Cruisers helicopters and tanks, we can just mop them right up. It's amazing what videogames can teach us."

Tune in to CBSNews again tomorrow as we look at a crazy phenomenon in Sweden, where apparently thousands of people can be seen outside punching trees, after playing a game called "Minecraft."

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 20, 2012, 09:28 nin

Cutter wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 09:08:
Prez wrote on Dec 19, 2012, 22:25:
If you failed to get the sarcasm in the previous post, please quit the internet forever and punch yourself in the crotch. Thank you.

Even if I did get can I still punch myself in the crotch? I'm freaky like that!

Free-Kay!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

11. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 20, 2012, 09:21 Beamer

It always drives me nuts when they confuse the symptom for the root cause.

So, loners with social issues/anxieties and have difficulty connecting with other people like the appeal of artificial worlds. They like video games, where they are never questioned as being weird or losers, and they like scifi, where the worlds are different and the losers often win, and they like loud music, which often deals with alienation.

Who the hell is surprised by that?

Now, what's surprising is that people think these sources make them kill, rather than thinking what made these things appealing to them is ultimately what made them kill.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

10. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 20, 2012, 09:08 Cutter

Prez wrote on Dec 19, 2012, 22:25:
If you failed to get the sarcasm in the previous post, please quit the internet forever and punch yourself in the crotch. Thank you.

Even if I did get can I still punch myself in the crotch? I'm freaky like that!

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

9. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 20, 2012, 07:15 Bhruic

I think the important thing to note is that they found a toothbrush in his bathroom. Obviously this guy brushed his teeth. We have to conclude, therefore, that brushing your teeth can lead you to commit such mass shootings. We need to ban toothbrushes!

(Makes just as much sense as blaming it on video games)

8. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 20, 2012, 05:00 Julio

It couldn't be the guys crappy upbringing or his mental state, nope has to be the fault of guns & videogames.  

7. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 20, 2012, 03:33 TurdFergasun

but but but you guys need those full auto assault rifles and AP bullets to defend the frontier from the marauding hordes of anti-freedom abortion lovin terrorists! Clearly there needs to be a scape goat that will shift focus to protect the average redneck's ability to stay fully armed, cause you know if the gubmint ever does decide to use it's military against it's citizens a few assault rifle armed rednecks are gonna turn the tides in favor of FREEEDuuUMB!  

6. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 20, 2012, 00:37 Shok

I like Techdirt's blog post about how the NRA is planning to point fingers at movies and video games in their planned press conference Friday.  

5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 20, 2012, 00:37 jdreyer

Politicians can be so predictable. Nevermind that the FREAKIN' day before in the DC paper of record a broad scientific examination of the evidence showed no correlation between video games and violence. Read much, senator?  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 20, 2012, 00:34 Mashiki Amiketo

Prez wrote on Dec 19, 2012, 22:24:
Especially since Starcraft basically shows you how to mow down innocent little kids with an assault rifle.
Never mind that he didn't use the "assault rifle." Don't worry, I caught the sarcasm.

Perhaps they should be looking at the dismal state of the mental healthcare system instead.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 20, 2012, 00:24 SirKnight

Starcraft....most accurate simulator of real life shooting ever.

The military is spending billions on computer upgrades for starcraft training right now.

Once the soldiers are done spending half a day on starcraft, they then go practice regenerative healing by hiding behind rocks and crates after being hit in the head by a sniper round.

2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 19, 2012, 22:25 Prez

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 19, 2012, 22:24 Prez

The legislation comes after reports suggested that Sandy Hook shooter Adam Lanza may have played video games like "Call of Duty" and "Starcraft."

Well, that cinches it. I don't know how you can argue with such irrefutable evidence. Especially since Starcraft basically shows you how to mow down innocent little kids with an assault rifle.

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo