Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Medal of Honor Warfighter Support Waning?

A locked thread on the Battlefield Battlelog from a couple of weeks ago deals with news that the community manager for Medal of Honor Warfighter is becoming a CM for Crysis 3. When asked how this will impact EA's military shooter sequel, a moderator admits that future support for the game is uncertain: "This is accurate," he writes, confirming that EA is only committed to the game through December and that some of the Danger Close developers are losing their jobs. "I honestly don't know what kind of support will exist after we go. The moderators will still be around though, and will be able to get information to the CM. Until then, if you've got issues that need answers, you have me for another week!" Thanks Joao.

View
26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

26. Re: Medal of Honor Warfighter Support Waning? Dec 20, 2012, 09:25 nin

By the way I've sent an e-mail to GMG support to cancel my preorder for SimCity, in less than 24hrs my order is canceled and money refunded. Excellent customer support.

I'm a little surprised they'd do that (since they charge you right away), but that's pretty cool of them.

I've never had a support issue where I had to contact them, but I will say, with about 7-8 purchases, I've always gotten my key before launch, and never had a CC issue.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

25. Re: Medal of Honor Warfighter Support Waning? Dec 20, 2012, 09:01 SpectralMeat

nin wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 08:58:
SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 06:30:
nin wrote on Dec 19, 2012, 22:43:
Metal of Honor:
I see what you did there

I actually have no idea how I did that, other than I was going gin crazy last night while reading blues...

Wait, it was Razor...I can take no credit...

With a user name like "nin" you are telling me you did not do that?

By the way I've sent an e-mail to GMG support to cancel my preorder for SimCity, in less than 24hrs my order is canceled and money refunded. Excellent customer support.
I really wanted that new SimCity but I am not too keen to throw any money at EA after this news story.

Steam: SpectralMeat

24. Re: Medal of Honor Warfighter Support Waning? Dec 20, 2012, 08:58 nin

SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 06:30:
Metal of Honor:
I see what you did there

I actually have no idea how I did that, other than I was going gin crazy last night while reading blues...

Wait, it was Razor...I can take no credit...

23. Re: Medal of Honor Warfighter Support Waning? Dec 20, 2012, 06:30 SpectralMeat

Metal of Honor:
I see what you did there

22. Re: Medal of Honor Warfighter Support Waning? Dec 19, 2012, 23:44 Prez

RaZ0r! wrote on Dec 19, 2012, 22:36:
Medal of Honor games have been bargain bin rainy day games for me since the beginning

Ummm that's crazy talk. Metal of Honor: Allied Assault was nearly ground breaking. Unfortunately right after that initial release the MoH series became an IP zombie and still is.

Nah, it wasn't ground-breaking. Cut out the admittedly amazing (for its time) 3 minute Normandy beach assault sequence it was just a middling shooter. Another thing it had going for it was that at the time WW2 shooters were untrodden ground and AA was fresh and exciting just by virtue of it being based in the previously neglected WW2 era. It was timely and had a good beach assault sequence; hardly ground-breaking. If you played the pre-release demo showcasing the Normandy invasion you already played the best of what the game had to offer by a mile.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

21. Re: Medal of Honor Warfighter Support Waning? Dec 19, 2012, 22:43 nin

Metal of Honor: Allied Assault was nearly ground breaking.

"Nearly", huh?

20. Re: Medal of Honor Warfighter Support Waning? Dec 19, 2012, 22:36 RaZ0r!

Medal of Honor games have been bargain bin rainy day games for me since the beginning

Ummm that's crazy talk. Metal of Honor: Allied Assault was nearly ground breaking. Unfortunately right after that initial release the MoH series became an IP zombie and still is.

19. Re: Medal of Honor Warfighter Support Waning? Dec 19, 2012, 18:49 Beamer

This seems to be a fundamental misunderstanding due to the term "support."

All these are regarding "support," but one seems very unlikely given that it's coming from a guy talking about community support on forums:
Are the community managers leaving?
Will further patches come?
Will multiplayer be shut down?

We know the first answer: yes. We don't know the second answer but I'd guess no. We don't know the third answer but no way in hell does EA shut off servers to a brand new game. As I mentioned earlier, they've more or less given even the worst, least played games 2 years. This is one of the worst, least played games. I expect 2 years.

I mean, that thread says support through December. New DLC came out what, today? They won't kill a game 2 weeks after releasing DLC.

And the DLC includes donations to something or other through March. They won't shut down before that ends, either.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

18. Re: Medal of Honor Warfighter Support Waning? Dec 19, 2012, 18:34 SpectralMeat

Quboid wrote on Dec 19, 2012, 18:04:
Yakubs wrote on Dec 19, 2012, 15:35:
On that note, who's ready to buy buy buy when EA releases their online-only SimCity game?

Already have, preordered and & pre-regretted.
Same here
Time to contact GreenManGaming to see if I can cancel my preorder. Better wait and see with that one.

17. Re: Medal of Honor Warfighter Support Waning? Dec 19, 2012, 18:24 Prez

Medal of Honor games have been bargain bin rainy day games for me since the beginning, (though Pacific Assault was pretty damn good and remains my personal favorite) so like the others in the series I'll buy this for 3 to 5 bucks and play the singleplayer portion when I have several hours to kill.

EA had to know that this game would barely make a ripple when it released despite their "sold below expectations" claptrap. It really shouldn't be a surprise to anyone they are cutting off support for another samey modern military warfare FPS hardly anyone could be bothered to care about when it released. One could say that despite sales numbers they have an ethical obligation to support the game and be totally correct, but come on - this IS Electronic Arts we are talking about.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

16. Re: Medal of Honor Warfighter Support Waning? Dec 19, 2012, 18:16 DangerDog

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Dec 19, 2012, 15:27:
DangerDog wrote on Dec 19, 2012, 12:39:
Why would you keep supporting a game when only a few people are playing it?
Because the shelf-life of a game is typically one to two years and with dedicated servers they can keep going for over a decade (just look at Counter-Strike). Nobody would expect a game less than 6 months old to no longer have functioning online support, nor should they have to deal with that after spending their hard earned money on it. That's especially true when you're talking about a company like EA that can pool its support services together to reduce costs. EA should be offering support for LONGER than any other publisher.

The game is still functioning in all its form - single and online, even if the community has abandoned it for the most part. It's not like they've pulled the plug on multiplayer server listings or something.

There's still issues with the game and a few posts on the battlelog site from Bazajaytee indicate there may still be limited bug support for the game but it'll be slow coming in terms of any patch or fix.

Bazajaytee moved over from Battlefield to help with MoH, he did manage to pull off some miracles at EA, one last patch for BF2142 and releasing BF1942 for free on Origin.

15. Re: Medal of Honor Warfighter Support Waning? Dec 19, 2012, 18:04 Quboid

Yakubs wrote on Dec 19, 2012, 15:35:
On that note, who's ready to buy buy buy when EA releases their online-only SimCity game?

Already have, preordered and & pre-regretted.

- Quboid

14. Re: Medal of Honor Warfighter Support Waning? Dec 19, 2012, 15:35 Yakubs

13. Re: Medal of Honor Warfighter Support Waning? Dec 19, 2012, 15:35 Cutter

Indeed, would you buy a car with a 6 month warranty or one that offers 5 year bumper to bumper?  

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

12. Re: Medal of Honor Warfighter Support Waning? Dec 19, 2012, 15:27 theyarecomingforyou

DangerDog wrote on Dec 19, 2012, 12:39:
Because the shelf-life of a game is typically one to two years and with dedicated servers they can keep going for over a decade (just look at Counter-Strike). Nobody would expect a game less than 6 months old to no longer have functioning online support, nor should they have to deal with that after spending their hard earned money on it. That's especially true when you're talking about a company like EA that can pool its support services together to reduce costs. EA should be offering support for LONGER than any other publisher.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

11. Re: Medal of Honor Warfighter Support Waning? Dec 19, 2012, 15:10 SpectralMeat

I am glad I did not buy this game, and it certainly helps me to make purchase decisions on future EA games  

10. Re: Medal of Honor Warfighter Support Waning? Dec 19, 2012, 15:02 Fantaz

Fuck EA...  

9. Re: Medal of Honor Warfighter Support Waning? Dec 19, 2012, 15:01 fawker

They got me with the first medal of honor, I wasn't about to be suckered twice.  

8. Re: Medal of Honor Warfighter Support Waning? Dec 19, 2012, 14:14 webweaver

This game was crap anyway, it was just a wasted $30. Played it for about an hour and realized I was made a fool. I don't believe they ever intended for this game to be a "long-term" game with iterative updates. They knew they had a small window of time to get this game out before the legitimate games were released and they tried to capitalize as much as possible the demographic that was getting bored of the AAA releases from the year before and too impatient to wait for the upcoming AAA releases. Count me in that demographic, I paid for it  

7. Re: Medal of Honor Warfighter Support Waning? Dec 19, 2012, 12:39 DangerDog

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Dec 19, 2012, 11:09:
Just when you thought EA couldn't find any new ways to put off potential buyers they manage it. How any publisher can think that two-months is an acceptable amount of time to support a game for is beyond me.

As for Danger Close, they should have all been out of a job after the trainwreck that was the original game. The talented members would have been able to find a job elsewhere, while the rest would have been free to learn a new profession.

http://mohwstats.com/

across the board, the game is dead - not just on PC. Lots of people blew through the unlock system in MOHWF within the first week or two of release - around 24hours of gametime to reach max rank. Once they did that they left.

meanwhile over on the Battlefield 3 side

http://bf3stats.com/

still plugging along.

26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo