Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Need for Speed Most Wanted Ultimate Speed Pack

EA announces the release of the Ultimate Speed Pack for Need for Speed Most Wanted. They provide some screenshots and a trailer showing off the pack, which they describe thusly: "Boom! Here come the Pagani Zonda R, McLaren F1 LM, Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport Vitesse, Lamborghini Aventador J and Hennessey Venom GT Spyder. Take them on in high speed Races and Speed Runs: the perfect showcase for these mind-blowing cars. Beat the absurdly fast Hennessey Venom GT Spyder in an all-new Most Wanted List event and access extra rewards and unlocks in over 70 speed-themed Car Milestones."

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Need for Speed Most Wanted Ultimate Speed Pack Dec 20, 2012, 00:44 Jivaro

Trevellian wrote on Dec 19, 2012, 16:27:
I was surprisingly enthralled with this game on PS3. Couldn't stop playing it. I felt the same about the Hot Pursuit remake as well though, Criterion just makes damn good racing games. I always loved Burnout. Some people may thing the new NFS games are too close to Burnout in style but I don't mind it. Though i did wish it had some car customization in it like the last Most Wanted did.

I am with you. I loved Burnout on the PS3 and really liked Hot Pursuit as well. Then again, that is entirely predictable. I am a huge fan of arcade style racers in general. Adding the open world of a Paradise City, for example, is just that much better.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Need for Speed Most Wanted Ultimate Speed Pack Dec 19, 2012, 16:27 Trevellian

I was surprisingly enthralled with this game on PS3. Couldn't stop playing it. I felt the same about the Hot Pursuit remake as well though, Criterion just makes damn good racing games. I always loved Burnout. Some people may thing the new NFS games are too close to Burnout in style but I don't mind it. Though i did wish it had some car customization in it like the last Most Wanted did.  

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2

5. Re: Need for Speed Most Wanted Ultimate Speed Pack Dec 19, 2012, 14:55 siapnar

On any graphics setting I got stutter, and many more have posted the same thing on several forums.

Gotta agree though, it looks pretty awesome on max settings.

I have projectile dysfunction.

4. Re: Need for Speed Most Wanted Ultimate Speed Pack Dec 19, 2012, 12:22 jacobvandy

Runs perfect on a GTX 580 and Sandy Bridge-E. Interestingly, I did get the stuttering (solved by turning down Ambient Occlusion a tick, BTW) when the 580 was paired with a Core i7-920, so the CPU/memory upgrade helped.

As for this DLC... IIRC, all of those cars (except one) are already in the game. These must be the various pre-order "bonuses" that were actually slightly tweaked versions of existing cars, gathered up to pad a package that actually only consists of a single new car and procedural event.

3. Re: Need for Speed Most Wanted Ultimate Speed Pack Dec 19, 2012, 12:01 Rigs

Oh, yeah, look at that, another game with the same damn cars as every other 'unique' racer...

When do I get to ride in the 'Griswald Family Roadster Truckster'?

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

2. Re: Need for Speed Most Wanted Ultimate Speed Pack Dec 19, 2012, 11:46 PHJF

Yeah but from what I've seen at least it looks pretty amazing on the high end. You wouldn't think a racing game, and an arcade-style one at that, would be setting the graphics bar. I guess that's a statement about the state (yes I just said that) of modern PC gaming.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

1. Re: Need for Speed Most Wanted Ultimate Speed Pack Dec 19, 2012, 11:23 siapnar

Too bad the game stutters like son of a bitch on many systems, regardless of specs.

And its a pretty shallow game to begin with. I'd rather just blaze around GTA BOGT in a nice ride.

I have projectile dysfunction.

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo