Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Project GODUS Multiplayer Trailer

There's a new update on the Kickstarter Page for Project GODUS, offering a new trailer showing off multiplayer play on a prototype of this upcoming god game from Peter Molyneux's 22cans. Word is: "Today multiplayer in the Godus prototype became a reality and we filmed the first game that took place between Peter and Jack. Being two designers they're both rather competitive...watch the video to find out who won." With just over two days remaining in the campaign, it now appears this game will reach its 450,000 funding goal.

View
37 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

37. Re: More Big Picture Details Dec 20, 2012, 13:36 Dev

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 19, 2012, 19:07:
What is the take on the Preview Beta of War for the Overworld?

This is no doubt a DK2 continuation. I felt DK was every bit as popular as Populous and a bigger clamor for a follow up. But that news seems to come and go here without much fanfare. I thought a DK3 was something many wanted. Or are we just bent on Peter?
Thanks for the info on War for the Overworld.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

36. Re: Project GODUS Multiplayer Trailer Dec 20, 2012, 12:25 Xil

they did they did :-) next time gone send my news to nin so it gets posted  

35. Re: Project GODUS Multiplayer Trailer Dec 20, 2012, 10:48 ASeven

nin wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 09:07:
Hey hey, they made it!

Yeah

34. Re: Project GODUS Multiplayer Trailer Dec 20, 2012, 09:07 nin

Hey hey, they made it!

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

33. Re: Project GODUS Multiplayer Trailer Dec 19, 2012, 22:27 nin

ASeven wrote on Dec 19, 2012, 22:17:
Forsaken Fortress at $92,700. Nice to see it picking up speed in the last hours.

I'm hoping it squeaks by. I'd pledge, but it reminds me a bit of Dead State, which I'm already down for.

Something to keep an eye on tomorrow...

32. Re: Project GODUS Multiplayer Trailer Dec 19, 2012, 22:18 ASeven

DangerDog wrote on Dec 19, 2012, 19:50:
Amazingly Elite Dangerous has surpassed the GODUS funding goal but still has a way to go before it reaches the finish line.

I think Limit Theory will be the next spiritual Elite game to be honest and will probably be better than Elite:Dangerous.

31. Re: Project GODUS Multiplayer Trailer Dec 19, 2012, 22:17 ASeven

Forsaken Fortress at $92,700. Nice to see it picking up speed in the last hours.

Godus just hit the first stretch goal at 460K too.

30. Re: Project GODUS Multiplayer Trailer Dec 19, 2012, 19:50 DangerDog

Amazingly Elite Dangerous has surpassed the GODUS funding goal but still has a way to go before it reaches the finish line.

29. Re: More Big Picture Details Dec 19, 2012, 19:07 HorrorScope

What is the take on the Preview Beta of War for the Overworld?

This is no doubt a DK2 continuation. I felt DK was every bit as popular as Populous and a bigger clamor for a follow up. But that news seems to come and go here without much fanfare. I thought a DK3 was something many wanted. Or are we just bent on Peter?

This comment was edited on Dec 19, 2012, 19:14.

28. Re: Project GODUS Multiplayer Trailer Dec 19, 2012, 18:00 ASeven

Dev wrote on Dec 19, 2012, 16:38:
ASeven wrote on Dec 19, 2012, 16:05:
Ah well, hope this game turns out to be a good Populous homage because if it's another game full of hot air as Peter's last games were I can see this breaking Peter's reputation down to a non recoverable state.
If its not there already, why would a failure of that make it go there? Besides, all he has to do is release an unfinished product, and he can say he shipped a product to kickstarter backers.

Because it is kickstarter. Kickstarter supporters usually don't like receiving a pile of crap and they'll remember it next time Peter tries to peddle something there or on other crowdfunding site and from the looks of it he has no money to do otherwise than to go to crowdfunding sites to get his work financed. And there will be a next KS project for Peter, that's for sure.

27. Re: Project GODUS Multiplayer Trailer Dec 19, 2012, 16:40 Creston

nin wrote on Dec 19, 2012, 15:59:
ASeven wrote on Dec 19, 2012, 15:55:
Aaaand Godus just got funded.

They certainly rallied at the end.

Now it'll be interesting to see what happens to Braben.

Creston

26. Re: Project GODUS Multiplayer Trailer Dec 19, 2012, 16:38 Dev

ASeven wrote on Dec 19, 2012, 16:05:
Ah well, hope this game turns out to be a good Populous homage because if it's another game full of hot air as Peter's last games were I can see this breaking Peter's reputation down to a non recoverable state.
If its not there already, why would a failure of that make it go there? Besides, all he has to do is release an unfinished product, and he can say he shipped a product to kickstarter backers.

25. Re: Project GODUS Multiplayer Trailer Dec 19, 2012, 16:05 ASeven

nin wrote on Dec 19, 2012, 15:59:

They still are rallying. Makes me think they'll hit the 500K mark. Ah well, hope this game turns out to be a good Populous homage because if it's another game full of hot air as Peter's last games were I can see this breaking Peter's reputation down to a non recoverable state. The fact is that Peter still had some good reputation left or else this project wouldn't get funded, if he fails this I don't see any more chances for Peter to make any other game.

24. Re: Project GODUS Multiplayer Trailer Dec 19, 2012, 15:59 nin

23. Re: Project GODUS Multiplayer Trailer Dec 19, 2012, 15:56 ASeven

You can also see Peter go bonkers live, not that anyone wants to mind you.

http://www.twitch.tv/22cans

22. Re: Project GODUS Multiplayer Trailer Dec 19, 2012, 15:55 ASeven

21. Re: Project GODUS Multiplayer Trailer Dec 19, 2012, 15:49 Cutter

Xil wrote on Dec 19, 2012, 11:49:
why so much attention to this game, because of Molyneux ? I would rather see something like Forsaken Fortress get a little bit of attention, its so close to making/not making it... they can use the PR more then molyneux... ymho

Yeah, shoulda sent this in ages ago. I hope they make it.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

20. Re: Project GODUS Multiplayer Trailer Dec 19, 2012, 15:21 WyldKat

why so much attention to this game, because of Molyneux ? I would rather see something like Forsaken Fortress get a little bit of attention, its so close to making/not making it... they can use the PR more then molyneux... ymho

Wow, that looks awesome!

A bit rough around the edges, but I suppose that should be expected for an indie game of that scope.

A bit Fallout meets Sim City and The Sims, I hope it does well.

19. Re: Project GODUS Multiplayer Trailer Dec 19, 2012, 15:16 WyldKat

Dev wrote on Dec 19, 2012, 14:43:
Christ Roberts is also pushing this GODUS thing on his star citizen kickstarter. Ugh. That gives me ton's of hope for Star Citizen... Not.

I only backed star citizen because a $30 slot opened up. Despite all my reservations, I still have some hope for star citizen.

I'm not going to back this thing, I might get it when it comes out, IF it gets good enough reviews.

Chris is just being a bro. He liked Peter's old games and he wants to see him succeed. Chris has even said multiple times that he wants to see David Braben's Elite project get funded and funded well, even though it's a direct competitor to Star Citizen.

His choosing of which games to back does not, in any way, influence the quality of Star Citizen.

18. Re: Project GODUS Multiplayer Trailer Dec 19, 2012, 15:15 Xil

jdreyer wrote on Dec 19, 2012, 14:39:
ASeven wrote on Dec 19, 2012, 13:10:

Pledged. Damn, my kickstarter use is closely resembling Prez's Steam use, gotta buy them all!

Damn, that looks fun. Funded!

Did anyone send this in to Blue yet? Screw Peter, I'd rather see this than Godus (which will be made regardless).

send it a while back, sadly was not posted, or I missed it

37 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo