Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Metaverse

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: More Big Picture Details Dec 20, 2012, 19:32 HorrorScope

Tom wrote on Dec 19, 2012, 20:56:
The solution is very simple. Don't go public!

There are actually laws that kick in that force you to go public if you don't want to. For example Facebook did not want to go public, so whatever happens to them, Zuck can sit back and go "see I told you so".

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 19, 2012, 20:56 Tom

The solution is very simple. Don't go public!  

2. Re: More Big Picture Details Dec 19, 2012, 17:31 RenownWolf

I speculate that your post has made a valid point.

Holy crap! You just doubled in value!!!

Tomorrow you might make a post about something that isn't interesting...

Oh no! You've dropped to 5% value! What are you doing HorrorScope!

Unfortunately for most business it's all about the Quarters and Yearly reports not long term sustainable (see profitable) business.

http://www.renownwolf.com

1. Re: More Big Picture Details Dec 19, 2012, 11:16 HorrorScope

"“By now, one-digit growth rates are not even regarded as good enough. If you plan double-digit growth rates you run the risk of threatening your whole business model, if the presumed growth rate is simply not happening."

The stock market surge started around '85, really took hold in the later 90's internet boom and hasn't let up. I guess the computer age and day trading has really changed the whole way we do anything. Instead of long term plans, it seemingly is live for today. So when people say, our system has worked for 200+ years, you could make an argument our system changed radically in the past 25 years and are we headed in a good direction today where speculators, we are talking speculation is more important than true realities?

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo