Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

etc.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: etc. Dec 19, 2012, 16:28 jdreyer

This WarZ guy just keeps digging deeper and deeper.  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: etc. Dec 19, 2012, 15:23 WyldKat

Uhh... Earth to WarZ devs, DayZ fanboys are YOUR market too.  

12. Re: etc. Dec 19, 2012, 15:23 nin

Shok wrote on Dec 19, 2012, 15:21:
I like how they have all these forum rules in their STEAM forum and one of them is no referring to people as "Care Bears", "trolls", or "fan boys", yet the actual dev in one of his responses on the Kotaku article refers to fan boys. Hypocrite much?

there're still DayZ fanboys out there who just can't accept fact that similar concept doesn't mean being copycat...

There's also now allegations of art theft from a previous game of theirs, WarINC.

Dirty, dirty!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

11. Re: etc. Dec 19, 2012, 15:21 Shok

I like how they have all these forum rules in their STEAM forum and one of them is no referring to people as "Care Bears", "trolls", or "fan boys", yet the actual dev in one of his responses on the Kotaku article refers to fan boys. Hypocrite much?

there're still DayZ fanboys out there who just can't accept fact that similar concept doesn't mean being copycat...

10. Re: etc. Dec 19, 2012, 13:46 Verno

Can't say they didn't have it coming, it sounds almost like the gaming equivalent of a boiler room over there.  

Playing: The Last of Us Remastered
Watching: Kitchen Nightmares, Coherence, The Rover

8. Re: etc. Dec 19, 2012, 13:22 Rhino

dj LiTh wrote on Dec 19, 2012, 12:22:
So what do you think the odds are of Max Brooks the author of World War Z or the movie by teh same title coming out eventually sueing the pants off these people?

Slim to nil given that aside from the letter 'z' and the presence of zombies the games have about as much to do with the book World War Z as... well, as the movie World War Z has anything to do with the book World War Z.

7. Re: etc. Dec 19, 2012, 12:22 dj LiTh

So what do you think the odds are of Max Brooks the author of World War Z or the movie by teh same title coming out eventually sueing the pants off these people?  

6. Re: etc. Dec 19, 2012, 12:10 Frags4Fun

In a post on The War Z forum executive producer Sergey Titov admitted Hammerpoint made a mistake with the Steam product page and apologised to those who "misread" it.

^LOL! Misread it! This guy should be a politician.

5. Re: etc. Dec 19, 2012, 11:25 Creston

I love how they keep pretending their game was already well into development before anyone had ever even heard of Day Z, and that even the "The War Z" name had already been established.

Yeah, both of you came up with the exact same, heretofore unknown, type of game, and you both called it "Z" purely by happenstance. Rolleyes

These guys are stealing money, plain and simple. If the steam page says 100 players and multiple maps, then one map and 50 players is not a matter of people "misreading" things.

What a cunt.

Creston

4. Re: etc. Dec 19, 2012, 11:09 StaticRandomNumber

Wow.. I was very close to buying it because of those descriptions. Steam seriously has to start vetting the products they sell.  

3. Re: etc. Dec 19, 2012, 11:06 Jivaro

Even if I watched a gameplay video that made me think the game looked good....which I haven't, quite the opposite actually....there is no way I could get myself to give these people money. Just about any way I try to look at this mess it comes off as a money grab.  

2. Re: etc. Dec 19, 2012, 10:15 Verno

Answering, Titov raised the results of a recent survey that generated over 100,000 responses with a 93 per cent approval rating. 1.5 per cent said they hated the game.

Bullshit, I can't remember the last time people agreed with a 90% rating on anything except for how much EA and Bank of America suck. The fact that this claims follows the most passive aggressive non-apology I've ever seen is just icing on the amusement cake.

Playing: The Last of Us Remastered
Watching: Kitchen Nightmares, Coherence, The Rover

1. Re: etc. Dec 19, 2012, 09:58 nin

The War Z dev apologises to gamers who "misread" Steam page, hits out at "extreme DayZ fanboys"

These guys gets more and more shady...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo