Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Today is day four of our FiOS adventure, which is a bit of a circus. One of our phone numbers is still not working, and I have gotten to experience the startling intricacies of Verizon technical support, where no one seems to actually know what's going on, and there is a complete lack of accountability and follow-up that leads everyone I speak with to attempt to get off the phone with me so it becomes someone else's problem. Every time I am promised they will call back. Every time it's a lie. This morning I got a robo call from them explaining how they have fixed my problem, which is not even remotely accurate. If it sounds like I'm losing patience with this, then I am successfully communicating my internal state, and at some point today this will probably lead to me threatening them with a demand that they come and remove all their expensive equipment, since I think having this residence hooked into the network long-term is the only thing that really motivates them in this situation.

Irate Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Shadez 3: The Moon Miners.
Links: 11 Amazing Facts about the McDonald's McRib. Thanks Cutter.
'Twas The Night Before Scotchmas: A Holiday Guide To Giftable Single Malts.
Stories: 'Game of Thrones' gets super-sized season 3.
Science: Potentially Habitable Planet Detected Around Nearby Star.
Trained Dog Can Detect Superbug with Amazing Accuracy. Thanks nin.
Media: The Glitch. And Behind the Scenes: The Glitch.
Holy COW!!!!
Dad Piggies.
Sneaky pedestrian.
Follow-up: New Plinkett review up now!! Titanic.

View
61 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

1. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 19, 2012, 10:01 Verno

Really bizarre situation, number porting is normally an easy process these days.  

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

61 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo