Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III Bot Bans

The Diablo III Forums have word that Blizzard has been quelling a rise of the machines in their action/RPG sequel, announcing several thousand players have been banned for botting. In response to a criticism that this action is belated, a later post notes that they have been taking such actions all along, but are planning on being more communicative about the process. Here's word:

We've recently issued account bans to several thousand Diablo III players who were found to be using botting programs while playing. In addition to undermining the spirit of fair play, botting, hacking, and other forms of cheating can also cause technical problems with the game as well as contribute to performance issues with the Battle.net service. To learn more about our exploitation policy for Diablo III and how it may affect your gameplay, please visit our official support site.

As always, maintaining a stable, safe, and enjoyable online environment for legitimate players is very important to us, and we'll be continuing to keep watch on Battle.net and take action as needed. In the meantime, if you wish to report the possible use of botting programs to Blizzard, please see this thread for more information. (We will also be adding the ability for players to report this kind of behavior directly through the game client in a future patch.)

For questions regarding account actions, please refer to Account Administration.

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Diablo III Bot Bans Dec 19, 2012, 16:25 Optional nickname

Blizzard Stops at Nothing, to continue playing with the minds and souls that are attached and account bound still to this corporate sad excuse of an experiment.

Blizzard creates and induces their OWN bots into the realm, then announces bans, to place false stimulants into the minds at play. They are stopping at nothing, to conduct business, in this 40Billion / year industry.

I guess they can, and they are. Whatever.

So, when is kickstarter coming out with ideas? Can we all stop playing games for some time, and create our own dev studios, to bury these dirty giants out to pasture?

Merry christmas Blues and readers, except to Blizzard, Bah Humbug to you! I hope you sleep well Christmas night! Booooo!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Diablo III Bot Bans Dec 19, 2012, 15:34 Armengar

They only banned demonbuddy bots. They are about the most vocal easily found bots in the game. There are still a monumental amount of AH, autoplay and farming bots still going.  
Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.

16. Re: Diablo III Bot Bans Dec 19, 2012, 11:52 Verno

Sigh, Diablo 3. Such a frustrating experience.  

Playing: Everquest Next Alpha, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: Evidence, Longmire, Chained

15. Re: Diablo III Bot Bans Dec 19, 2012, 11:38 cronik

I went back to D2, that game is still fun.  

14. Re: Diablo III Bot Bans Dec 19, 2012, 09:23 Yakubs

This is what happens when all the adults leave a company and let the little children run it. Their reputation is ruined, as far as I'm concerned.  

13. Re: Diablo III Bot Bans Dec 19, 2012, 09:12 Rikevis

Like already stated here, bots are about the only "beings" that can put up with this boring game.

Rarely in the history of gaming have so many people waited so long to be so disappointed.

Let the bots have the game. Anybody with half a brain left after a few weeks.

12. Re: Diablo III Bot Bans Dec 19, 2012, 08:28 Closed Betas

They forget to state they probably only issues a 2 day ban or something... Start posting the facts, perm bans or what? I think 80% of the industry hacks due to these companies not caring for so long now. Since they really want to fool the extra 20% who have given up trying to play games against these losers, they now have these fake ass banning rituals, like they are fooling us or something. Until I start seeing clients disappearing in front of my eyes hourly, these companies are doing nothing as it hurts their bottom line and they need every sticky corroded penny on the bottom there cuz they just don't have a clue how to make a game anymore.

Seeing it in PS2, they spent the whole weekend with text messages trying to scare the kids to quit cheating. DRONES ARE WATCHING YOU.. I almost puked in laughter as I am pretty sure the game has zero anti-hack measures built in.

Saying they have banned thousands.. yet that's all you face is an aimbot every other encounter.

11. Re: Diablo III Bot Bans Dec 19, 2012, 07:01 Dades

To think Blizzard has fallen so far..

- DADES - This is a signature of my name, enjoy!

10. Re: Diablo III Bot Bans Dec 19, 2012, 06:50 Julio

Good job that they waited six months to do this, of course now the economy is broken just like the rest of the game is. Too little, too late.  

9. Re: Diablo III Bot Bans Dec 19, 2012, 03:19 InBlack

The worst thing is though, no one at Blizzard seems aware of the problems and faults of this game. They are glossing over it in typical egoistic fashion. We are the Best, We know Best!

Fuck you Blizzard and fuck your ego-tripping leads to hell!

I have a nifty blue line!

8. Re: Diablo III Bot Bans Dec 19, 2012, 02:46 shul

how do you know if a bot is a bot?  

7. Re: Diablo III Bot Bans Dec 19, 2012, 02:24 El Pit

But only the bots are still playing it, Blizz!  
Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

6. Re: Diablo III Bot Bans Dec 18, 2012, 23:38 Milkman Dan

First Blizzard game I ever played where I lost interest so quick. I think I stopped playing in the 2nd tier difficulty. All I saw were boring mobs that dropped stuff I didn't want, nor had any want to progress further. I actually still want to play Diablo 2, but I don't think I will ever go back to D3.  

5. Re: Diablo III Bot Bans Dec 18, 2012, 23:33 Beelzebud

That's nice and all but they're about 6 months too late. The damage has been done, and no sane player can possibly hope to farm enough gold to compete with the bot farms.

They dropped the ball on nearly every aspect of this game.

It was pretty astounding watching how they reacted to the "fuck that loser" fiasco, patting each other on the back for having 'the best selling PC game', as if their team of unknowns had anything to do with the Diablo brand. Well given the nature of gamers, I'm sure they'll find plenty of suckers to buy an expansion, but they can count me out.

4. Re: Diablo III Bot Bans Dec 18, 2012, 23:23 Asmodai

Which brings total number of players to, what, zero?

3. Re: Diablo III Bot Bans Dec 18, 2012, 23:00 Cutter

Shazzbot!

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

2. Re: Diablo III Bot Bans Dec 18, 2012, 22:57 Angrius Maximis

Well its more than Arena Net is doing for Guild Wars 2 Ill give Blizzard that much  

1. Re: Diablo III Bot Bans Dec 18, 2012, 22:40 Creston

Didn't they pretend the whole point behind their always-on-DRM stuff was to prevent cheats and hacks and botting?

Creston

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo