Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Epic Games Store

A new Epic Games Store is online, selling artwork, t-shirts, and other merchandise related to the company's games. There is also a store with links to where to get their past and future games.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Epic Games Store Dec 19, 2012, 06:40 Reckless

Where's the retro? Not even worth the time to click through  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Epic Games Store Dec 19, 2012, 04:11 Kajetan

Sho wrote on Dec 19, 2012, 02:54:
I replayed both Quake 2 and Unreal a couple of years back on a similar whim, and I have to say as far as the singleplayer is concerned Unreal has held up a lot better. It had its boring stretches but overall it was pretty fun and the visuals are still kind of nice.
Unreal IS the better SP game. Quake 2 always felt like some death match maps sown together to form a campaign. In a very good way, dont get me wrong, but inferior to Unreal.

5. Re: Epic Games Store Dec 19, 2012, 03:01 Domgrief

The merch looks pretty nice, and I like the Jazz Jackrabbit throwback.

I'm not entirely sure why they even have a storefront for their games though. The AAA releases link to retail giants, the iOS releases link to the app store, and their other recent releases are missing altogether (the old epic classics site and their high prices seem to have gone offline).

id seem to have finally got their electronic distribution under control, but Epic can't even seem to make up their mind about who publishes their games, let alone sorting out digital distribution.

4. Re: Epic Games Store Dec 19, 2012, 02:54 Sho

I replayed both Quake 2 and Unreal a couple of years back on a similar whim, and I have to say as far as the singleplayer is concerned Unreal has held up a lot better. It had its boring stretches but overall it was pretty fun and the visuals are still kind of nice.  

3. Re: Epic Games Store Dec 18, 2012, 23:59 Keith

I'd like to see another Unreal game. Preferably one with a single player component. I liked the original Unreal, and Unreal 2 was OK. Played the hell out of UT and even still have UT3 installed. I wonder how well the original holds up by modern standards. I see it on sale every once and a while on Steam and think I should take a run through just of nostalgias sake.  

2. Re: Epic Games Store Dec 18, 2012, 23:55 Beamer

edaciousx wrote on Dec 18, 2012, 22:52:
barely any love for unreal... epic should just quit games and focus on making engines.

Well, their most recent release is also their best selling release of all time, so you're saying this because they should retire on top, right?

Or are you one of those people that thinks if someone doesn't make something for them specifically then they should quit, because obviously the entire world centers around their opinions and no one should ever make a product that isn't specifically to their taste?

Unreal wasn't even very good.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

1. Re: Epic Games Store Dec 18, 2012, 22:52 edaciousx

barely any love for unreal... epic should just quit games and focus on making engines.  

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo