Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Medal of Honor Warfighter: Zero Dark Thirty Map Pack

EA is now offering sales of Zero Dark Thirty map pack, providing owners of Medal of Honor Warfighter the promised opportunity to get to experience this tie-in with the new film release that was previously a preorder bonus. The pack can be purchased through Origin and it is also available on GameStop PC Downloads. Here are the details on the maps in the pack:

Darra: The Darra gun market is widely accepted as the largest black-market weapons manufacturer in the world, home to dozens of back-alley shops and self-taught mechanists. Take arms in this manufacturing village for intense vertical combat.

Chitral: The wreckage of a helicopter leads the way into the Chitral Compound, one of Bin Laden’s alleged hiding outposts. Roam the treacherous hills and navigate the unforgivable terrain to take down enemies and achieve victory.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Medal of Honor Warfighter: Zero Dark Thirty Map Pack Dec 18, 2012, 19:42 Rigs

Flatline wrote on Dec 18, 2012, 15:31:
Yeah, the Omaha Beach landing, while essentially a railroad, was a genre-defining moment. There aren't many military shooters that manage to match up to that. I wonder how it holds up today, ten years after all the derivatives...

Also, when are we going to have a AAA Korean War shooter? Every other war has been humped to death.

The Omaha beach map was pretty intense and I actually liked the re-do in Pacific Assault, coming onto, I think it was, Tarawa. I'm a big WW2 Pacific-theatre buff, so Pacific Assault was a good run through along with AA. CoD at the time (and even now), is just too chaotic, everything happening at once, all too fast. I actually like the Rambo-type, one-man-versus-all kind of shooters. NPC's getting my kills just pisses me off...

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Medal of Honor Warfighter: Zero Dark Thirty Map Pack Dec 18, 2012, 19:19 netnerd85

The only MOH game I played was Airbourne... and that was really good. Nothing COD1 didn't do but it was fun. Flak tower location was awesome.  

13. Re: Medal of Honor Warfighter: Zero Dark Thirty Map Pack Dec 18, 2012, 16:17 Topevoli

Movie tie-ins? EA? Overpriced DLC maps? Origin? Game stop? Its like you took everything wrong with PC gaming and combined it into one paragraph.. Well played sir, well played.  

12. Re: Medal of Honor Warfighter: Zero Dark Thirty Map Pack Dec 18, 2012, 16:04 SectorEffector

Beamer wrote on Dec 18, 2012, 15:18:
1badmf wrote on Dec 18, 2012, 15:11:
Beamer wrote on Dec 18, 2012, 15:04:
It's the only multiplayer game I've played where I've repeatedly been sniped upon spawning.

I mean, I remember spawn camping from the late 1990s, but this game took it a step further. On too many levels you spawned out in the open. In the worst cases you'd be sniped in the head 3 to 5 consecutively times before finally being able to take a step after spawning.

haha i remember spawn camping with the rail gun back in quake 2. i think i died 5 or 6 times in 3 seconds because whenever i died i always instinctively spammed the mouse to respawn as fast as possible, and i kept doing this just out of reflex... and proceeded to eat rail after rail. finally i willed my hands to not click right away, held down left strafe as i spawned, and pwned that fool with just the q2 pistol; possibly the weakest weapon ever implemented in any game.

Yeah, I always felt like this was possible in Q2. Usually spawn campers were no talent idiots, and you could find a way around it.

In MoH they were guys with sniper rifles 200 yards away, not someone 5 feet away.

Ugh I stopped when the last Medal of Honor game's multiplayer was a reskinned half ass bf3 frostbite engine derivative.

My last MOH purchase was airborne, which was awesome till all the scifi elements ruined it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-Q2iICtlIc

11. Re: Medal of Honor Warfighter: Zero Dark Thirty Map Pack Dec 18, 2012, 15:31 Flatline

Rigs wrote on Dec 18, 2012, 13:16:
ASeven wrote on Dec 18, 2012, 12:59:
Less than 200 people playing on PC. Wonder if EA will do another MoH and crash and burn all over again.

In the hopes that I don't have to eat my words...again...I'm gonna say that they'll probably let this franchise rest for a while now, thank god...You'll probably see it again in a few years back in WW2 or maybe even Nam, depending on what way the market leans. I'll just sit here and play the originals, when MoH meant kick-ass WW2 shooter... *breaks open the War Chest*

=-Rigs-=

Yeah, the Omaha Beach landing, while essentially a railroad, was a genre-defining moment. There aren't many military shooters that manage to match up to that. I wonder how it holds up today, ten years after all the derivatives...

Also, when are we going to have a AAA Korean War shooter? Every other war has been humped to death.

10. Re: Medal of Honor Warfighter: Zero Dark Thirty Map Pack Dec 18, 2012, 15:25 PHJF

The stupidest fucking tie in in the history of mankind.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

9. Re: Medal of Honor Warfighter: Zero Dark Thirty Map Pack Dec 18, 2012, 15:18 Beamer

1badmf wrote on Dec 18, 2012, 15:11:
It's the only multiplayer game I've played where I've repeatedly been sniped upon spawning.

I mean, I remember spawn camping from the late 1990s, but this game took it a step further. On too many levels you spawned out in the open. In the worst cases you'd be sniped in the head 3 to 5 consecutively times before finally being able to take a step after spawning.

haha i remember spawn camping with the rail gun back in quake 2. i think i died 5 or 6 times in 3 seconds because whenever i died i always instinctively spammed the mouse to respawn as fast as possible, and i kept doing this just out of reflex... and proceeded to eat rail after rail. finally i willed my hands to not click right away, held down left strafe as i spawned, and pwned that fool with just the q2 pistol; possibly the weakest weapon ever implemented in any game.

Yeah, I always felt like this was possible in Q2. Usually spawn campers were no talent idiots, and you could find a way around it.

In MoH they were guys with sniper rifles 200 yards away, not someone 5 feet away.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

8. Re: Medal of Honor Warfighter: Zero Dark Thirty Map Pack Dec 18, 2012, 15:11 1badmf

7. Re: Medal of Honor Warfighter: Zero Dark Thirty Map Pack Dec 18, 2012, 15:04 Beamer

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

6. Re: Medal of Honor Warfighter: Zero Dark Thirty Map Pack Dec 18, 2012, 14:54 DangerDog

The multiplayer mechanics were fun, I liked the two man squad mechanic but they dropped the ball on the map designs and the lack of destruction.

Two whole maps for $10, what a DEAL!

5. Re: Medal of Honor Warfighter: Zero Dark Thirty Map Pack Dec 18, 2012, 13:29 MajorD

Rigs wrote on Dec 18, 2012, 13:16:
Less than 200 people playing on PC. Wonder if EA will do another MoH and crash and burn all over again.

In the hopes that I don't have to eat my words...again...I'm gonna say that they'll probably let this franchise rest for a while now, thank god...You'll probably see it again in a few years back in WW2 or maybe even Nam, depending on what way the market leans. I'll just sit here and play the originals, when MoH meant kick-ass WW2 shooter... *breaks open the War Chest*
=-Rigs-=

Yeah, Allied Assault is a tough one to compete with. After Medal of Honor (2010), WarFighter was definitely 'not' on my new game purchase list, as I planned on waiting 9 to 12 months to grab it off of Amazon for $10 bucks or so.

In regards to Medal of Honor 2010; I didn't like the SP too much first time playing it, but some one here on Blue's posted that it is a 'Story' and that you have to play it that way and as its own game (not comparing to other games). Going about it that way, I did enjoy it more the second time around, but not sure if it would be enough for a 3rd play through.... Wink

4. Re: Medal of Honor Warfighter: Zero Dark Thirty Map Pack Dec 18, 2012, 13:16 Rigs

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

3. Re: Medal of Honor Warfighter: Zero Dark Thirty Map Pack Dec 18, 2012, 12:59 ASeven

2. Re: Medal of Honor Warfighter: Zero Dark Thirty Map Pack Dec 18, 2012, 12:52 entr0py

"Roam the treacherous hills and navigate the unforgivable terrain"

Yes, don't think we'll ever forget what you did, hills.

1. Re: Medal of Honor Warfighter: Zero Dark Thirty Map Pack Dec 18, 2012, 12:06 Hump

and the sound of silence..  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo