Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - RAGE: The Scorchers

The Bethesda Blog announces that the new The Scorchers DLC is now available for RAGE, id Software's first-person shooter. Word is: "RAGE: The Scorchers, the official add-on DLC for RAGE, is now available on Xbox 360, and Steam for $4.99 (or 400 Microsoft Points). PlayStation 3 players in North America can expect the content later this afternoon and those in Europe will be able to download it tomorrow."

View
57 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

17. Re: Ships Ahoy - RAGE: The Scorchers Dec 18, 2012, 16:34 DangerDog

jdreyer wrote on Dec 18, 2012, 15:38:
DangerDog wrote on Dec 18, 2012, 15:01:
I miss the old id software though, the one that put effort into releasing multiplayer games, they just don't want to be bothered with all the support issues that goes along with it I guess.

I guess you mean the Q3A id? They've been a subpar developer for a decade: Rage, Q4, Doom 3, etc.

Actually, I would go back to Quake 2 as being their opus. Decent slice of single player combined with kick ass multiplayer plus mod support etc.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Ships Ahoy - RAGE: The Scorchers Dec 18, 2012, 16:14 mag

jdreyer wrote on Dec 18, 2012, 15:38:
I miss the old id software though, the one that put effort into releasing multiplayer games, they just don't want to be bothered with all the support issues that goes along with it I guess.

I guess you mean the Q3A id? They've been a subpar developer for a decade: Rage, Q4, Doom 3, etc.

Q4 was Raven, not id, for what it's worth.

15. Re: Ships Ahoy - RAGE: The Scorchers Dec 18, 2012, 15:44 SS

Well I hope Id has at least learned from their previous mistakes, and improved the missions in this DLC.
Rage had some really lazy design. I remember one task had me doing a race to get a special car (that you didnt need), to drive a package out to some location, then getting out of the car, pressing the use key on a character then driving back. Thats it. No excitement, nothing.

14. Re: Ships Ahoy - RAGE: The Scorchers Dec 18, 2012, 15:38 jdreyer

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

13. Re: Ships Ahoy - RAGE: The Scorchers Dec 18, 2012, 15:36 PHJF

The Scorchers?

I'm siding with the Tunnel Snakes; they rule!

Steam + PSN: PHJF

12. Re: Ships Ahoy - RAGE: The Scorchers Dec 18, 2012, 15:01 DangerDog

I kind of liked RAGE but I'm super glad I didn't pay full retail for it, that would really hurt.

11. Re: Ships Ahoy - RAGE: The Scorchers Dec 18, 2012, 13:26 Omni

care
a
r
e

10. Re: Ships Ahoy - RAGE: The Scorchers Dec 18, 2012, 13:22 Jivaro

SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 18, 2012, 12:44:
I'll be picking it up on the Steam sale. I think it should hit $5~$10, believe it was $9.99 on the last Steam sale.

It is 5 bucks on Amazon right now.

9. Re: Ships Ahoy - RAGE: The Scorchers Dec 18, 2012, 12:44 SpectralMeat

I'll be picking it up on the Steam sale. I think it should hit $5~$10, believe it was $9.99 on the last Steam sale.  

Steam: SpectralMeat

8. Re: Ships Ahoy - RAGE: The Scorchers Dec 18, 2012, 12:33 pagb

Verno wrote on Dec 18, 2012, 12:29:
pagb wrote on Dec 18, 2012, 12:01:
I am definetly getting this, Rage gameplay felt a lot better than most crap out there.

Haters gonna hate.

I don't think it's hate to point out Rage is an extremely unambitious game with many half baked features. I shelled out $60 for it on launch day and found it to be the definition of average. I'm a huge id fan so I really wanted it to be good but it was just really ho-hum.
Probably, that's why I almost never ever shell full price for any game unless I know for sure I'll spend a lot of time on it regardless of it's qualities.

I paid 20 for Rage, and I'm throwing more cash at it without hesitation... So it's already worth ~25-30$ for me

7. Re: Ships Ahoy - RAGE: The Scorchers Dec 18, 2012, 12:29 Verno

pagb wrote on Dec 18, 2012, 12:01:
I am definetly getting this, Rage gameplay felt a lot better than most crap out there.

Haters gonna hate.

I don't think it's hate to point out Rage is an extremely unambitious game with many half baked features. I shelled out $60 for it on launch day and found it to be the definition of average. I'm a huge id fan so I really wanted it to be good but it was just really ho-hum.

Playing: Everquest Next Alpha, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: Evidence, Longmire, Chained

6. Re: Ships Ahoy - RAGE: The Scorchers Dec 18, 2012, 12:01 pagb

Haters gonna hate.

5. Re: Ships Ahoy - RAGE: The Scorchers Dec 18, 2012, 11:59 MajorD

Rotfl

4. Re: Ships Ahoy - RAGE: The Scorchers Dec 18, 2012, 11:51 Creston

Frijoles wrote on Dec 18, 2012, 11:48:
mmmm... new caves.

I'll buy it .. eventually. I enjoyed Rage, and I don't see any cars, which is the part I hated.

Heh. I thought the car races were the best part, and I was really mad when the game told me I couldn't race anymore.

Anyway, DLC 16 months after release of your game only works when you're the kind of game like Skyrim, which people are still playing because of the gajillion awesome mods.

If only id had had some plans to allow modding of RAGE. Oh, wait...

I'd be surprised if this sells a thousand copies.

Creston

3. Re: Ships Ahoy - RAGE: The Scorchers Dec 18, 2012, 11:48 Frijoles

mmmm... new caves.

I'll buy it .. eventually. I enjoyed Rage, and I don't see any cars, which is the part I hated.

2. Re: Ships Ahoy - RAGE: The Scorchers Dec 18, 2012, 11:44 Jivaro

nin wrote on Dec 18, 2012, 11:39:
I wonder which will sell more: this or that TOR expansion below?

I am going to have to bet on the TOR expansion being the better seller.

"The ability to destroy a franchise is insignificant next to the power of the Force."

..or something like that.

1. Re: Ships Ahoy - RAGE: The Scorchers Dec 18, 2012, 11:39 nin

I wonder which will sell more: this or that TOR expansion below?

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

57 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo