Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - RAGE: The Scorchers

The Bethesda Blog announces that the new The Scorchers DLC is now available for RAGE, id Software's first-person shooter. Word is: "RAGE: The Scorchers, the official add-on DLC for RAGE, is now available on Xbox 360, and Steam for $4.99 (or 400 Microsoft Points). PlayStation 3 players in North America can expect the content later this afternoon and those in Europe will be able to download it tomorrow."

View
57 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

37. Re: Ships Ahoy - RAGE: The Scorchers Dec 18, 2012, 21:48 Quinn

Ugh, tell me what was good about Rage that it doesn't deserve the hate from every single one of us!

Was it the bland, washed out graphics?
Was it the lack of a noticeable physics engine?
Was it the lame, lame story?
Was it the boring mini-games?
Was it the "open world" riddled with invisible walls?
Was it the shortness of the game?

Ok maybe that last one is a fair and positive point.

Or.. did it all just come back to the vehicles and the races?

Seriously, I wanna know. People can slam their dicks to shreds in this community because Far Cry 3's HUD is nasty or whatever.. but RAGE -- that taint of the decade! -- isn't even frowned upon by most here.

It boggles ze mind is what it does.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

36. Re: Ships Ahoy - RAGE: The Scorchers Dec 18, 2012, 21:48 netnerd85

Ahumado wrote on Dec 18, 2012, 20:43:
The game and iD earned the reviews this game produced. They should be shamed. Let's see what they do in their next at bat
You mean the overwhelming amount of positive reviews? http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/rage

The user rating was caused by a very bad launch - graphic issues.

35. Re: Ships Ahoy - RAGE: The Scorchers Dec 18, 2012, 21:35 siapnar

I plan to go back to it at some point but that first impression put me in no rush  

I have projectile dysfunction.

34. Re: Ships Ahoy - RAGE: The Scorchers Dec 18, 2012, 21:34 SlimRam

Ahumado wrote on Dec 18, 2012, 20:43:
The game and iD earned the reviews this game produced. They should be shamed. Let's see what they do in their next at bat

I cannot speak for everyone but I believe
that
has been the problem Ahumado. Fans of id have been patiently 'waiting for that next game' for years now? Honestly I would say that Quake III was the last "huge" thing they did as far as innovation, graphics, and gameplay. Remember when they announced that Quake III was going to be multiplayer only? Holy shit, most the id fans thought Carmack had flipped his lid but..... He was riiiiiiiiight, and the game was a success.

I guess (like alot of people) I was let down by Rage because I wanted SO BAD for this to be the game that brought them back to HALF the greatness they use to be. And like lots others.....well, I speak for myself....and the other 5 multiple personalities sharing my mind currently that I am just DONE with waiting for id's 'Killer App'. The dream is gone *shrug*

I'm bringing Sexy Back

Luckily, I kept the receipt

33. Re: Ships Ahoy - RAGE: The Scorchers Dec 18, 2012, 20:59 Quinn

netnerd85 wrote on Dec 18, 2012, 20:43:
cronik wrote on Dec 18, 2012, 19:46:
Does this add the ending?
Apparently so (twitter talk). Nothing clear at this point.

siapnar wrote on Dec 18, 2012, 20:26:
After seeing how the opening sequence played out and how linear, cheesey and poorly scripted the first NPC encounter then first mission setup was, I haven't played RAGE since.
*slow clap* judge a game by a few minutes of gameplay, that's not a real smart thing to do.

Wish I did that too. Playing RAGE was a waste of my time. What an awful bad game that is. Looks like a crack whore too.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

32. Re: Ships Ahoy - RAGE: The Scorchers Dec 18, 2012, 20:43 Ahumado

31. Re: Ships Ahoy - RAGE: The Scorchers Dec 18, 2012, 20:43 netnerd85

cronik wrote on Dec 18, 2012, 19:46:
Apparently so (twitter talk). Nothing clear at this point.

siapnar wrote on Dec 18, 2012, 20:26:
After seeing how the opening sequence played out and how linear, cheesey and poorly scripted the first NPC encounter then first mission setup was, I haven't played RAGE since.
*slow clap* judge a game by a few minutes of gameplay, that's not a real smart thing to do.

30. Re: Ships Ahoy - RAGE: The Scorchers Dec 18, 2012, 20:26 siapnar

I'll go back at some point.
Sure, the graphics look stunning at times (and horrible at others), but it's not all that engaging otherwise.

Even John Goodman's voice couldn't save that dialogue

I have projectile dysfunction.

29. Re: Ships Ahoy - RAGE: The Scorchers Dec 18, 2012, 20:05 Whiskers

I had motion sickness issues with this game (only game I've ever had a problem with), but I was already losing interest with the dated gameplay mechanics. I hate it when you kill someone with a better weapon, but you aren't allowed to pick it up until said better weapon is given to you as you progress through a story. Totally killed any immersion in an apocalypse setting, where you'd think you'd want to scrounge for anything you could find, especially off of dead enemy. The multiple hits to kill a person, even with a headshot that would throw them into a lay down and shoot at you animation, got old fast too.  

28. Re: Ships Ahoy - RAGE: The Scorchers Dec 18, 2012, 19:49 Dades

pagb wrote on Dec 18, 2012, 19:40:
At least I enjoy Rage over the sheer borefest that is Borderlands... I got the 2nd one free with my new videocard, and it still was expensive.

I'm far from a fan of BL but it has far more depth and character than Rage which is saying something considering how shallow BL is. You might like Rage and taste is personal but for all I know you like Justin Bieber too so I don't put much stock in other peoples opinions.

- DADES - This is a signature of my name, enjoy!

27. Re: Ships Ahoy - RAGE: The Scorchers Dec 18, 2012, 19:46 cronik

26. Re: Ships Ahoy - RAGE: The Scorchers Dec 18, 2012, 19:40 pagb

Orphic Resonance wrote on Dec 18, 2012, 19:09:
scratz wrote on Dec 18, 2012, 18:26:
Orphic Resonance wrote on Dec 18, 2012, 17:50:
pagb wrote on Dec 18, 2012, 12:01:
Haters gonna hate.

mindless zombies gonna be mindless
Trolls gonna troll.

Trolls gonna troll.

At least I enjoy Rage over the sheer borefest that is Borderlands... I got the 2nd one free with my new videocard, and it still was expensive.

25. Re: Ships Ahoy - RAGE: The Scorchers Dec 18, 2012, 19:13 netnerd85

Awesome DLC so far, enjoying the new environments and the new enemy - he has a jet pack baby!

The new rail gun is better than I expected.

24. Re: Ships Ahoy - RAGE: The Scorchers Dec 18, 2012, 19:09 Orphic Resonance

scratz wrote on Dec 18, 2012, 18:26:
Haters gonna hate.

Trolls gonna troll.

23. Re: Ships Ahoy - RAGE: The Scorchers Dec 18, 2012, 18:26 scratz

Haters gonna hate.

Trolls gonna troll.

22. Re: Ships Ahoy - RAGE: The Scorchers Dec 18, 2012, 17:59 Ray Marden

Crap DLC effort for a crap game. Seems fitting enough.

As a big, $60, AAA, single-player shooter, Rage was a real letdown. Focusing on technology over design? Framerate over gameplay? Weak shooter mechanics? A strong, yet under-utilized, driving component? Repeating levels? Linear, confined spaces? A small, low-resolution playable area nestled in large vistas/skyboxes? Lackluster weapon damage? Boring campaign with a lackluster ending?

It is just a really generic game. And after all that time? That was id's single-player experience?

There a certainly far better shooters available. There are certainly much more varied or fun shooters available. There are many smaller, much more limited developers that could make an equivalent game for a cheaper price or in much less time.
Quake 4 is probably even more generic, though.
Unimpressed; thinking this should be free; feeling that id has died,
Ray

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

21. Re: Ships Ahoy - RAGE: The Scorchers Dec 18, 2012, 17:57 dumpy

One thing that really irritated me about this game, is that after installing it, Steam required me to download an update or wanted to optimise files that amounted to around 10 gigabytes.

Installation takes that much longer, limits me from online play, and takes up 20% of my monthly download limit. I'm really not too interested in installing this again.

I've said this before - it wasn't a bad game, just an underachiever.

20. Re: Ships Ahoy - RAGE: The Scorchers Dec 18, 2012, 17:50 Orphic Resonance

Haters gonna hate.

19. Re: Ships Ahoy - RAGE: The Scorchers Dec 18, 2012, 17:31 Creston

SS wrote on Dec 18, 2012, 15:44:
Well I hope Id has at least learned from their previous mistakes, and improved the missions in this DLC.
Rage had some really lazy design. I remember one task had me doing a race to get a special car (that you didnt need), to drive a package out to some location, then getting out of the car, pressing the use key on a character then driving back. Thats it. No excitement, nothing.

"No excitement, nothing" has kind of been the motto of id games for quite awhile now.

Creston

18. Re: Ships Ahoy - RAGE: The Scorchers Dec 18, 2012, 17:12 theyarecomingforyou

For what it's worth I thought Quake 4 was better than Doom 3, even though neither game was great.  

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

57 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo