Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

PC Resident Evil 6 in March

Capcom-Unity has word that the Windows edition of Resident Evil 6 is expected for release on March 22nd. This news comes after a post about a new patch for the console edition of the third-person shooter sequel, and includes PC system specifications and word on Steamworks support:

We can also announce the PC release date for RE6, which will hit North America as a download on March 22, 2013 (there will be a physical release as well in Europe). It will land with all console content as well as any future content that arrive as free title updates (such as the No Hope mode).

Specs:

Minimum specs

Processor: Intel® CoreTM2 Duo 2.4 Ghz or better, AMD AthlonTM X2 2.8 Ghz or better
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Hard Disk Space: 16 GB free hard drive space
Video Card: NVIDIA® GeForce® 8800GTS or better
DirectX®: 9.0c or greater
Sound: Standard audio device
Recommended specs

Processor: Intel® CoreTM 2 Quad 2.7 Ghz or better, AMD PhenomTM II X4 3 Ghz or better
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Hard Disk Space: 16 GB free hard drive space
Video Card: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 560 or better
DirectX®: 9.0c or greater
Sound: Standard audio device
On Steam, RE6 PC will support:

-Cloud Saving

-Steam Achievements

-Friends support

-Game overlay

-Leaderboards

View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. Re: PC Resident Evil 6 in March Dec 18, 2012, 19:11 Parias

Ecthelion wrote on Dec 18, 2012, 15:29:
Yes, that works the same as RE5. Full campaign co-op makes the games a lot of fun.

Awesome, that sells it for me then. RE6 just moved into must-get territory for me.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: PC Resident Evil 6 in March Dec 18, 2012, 18:03 Ecthelion

Quinn wrote on Dec 18, 2012, 17:48:
After Resident Evil (1) Resident Evil went downhill. Fast. In fact I hate every single sequel.
What did you think of the Gamecube remake of 1, and RE0? I thought they were pretty good, although the controls are hard to deal with now. To be fair, that's how the controls were in all the games prior to RE4, but it's still difficult to go back to.

19. Re: PC Resident Evil 6 in March Dec 18, 2012, 17:48 Quinn

After Resident Evil (1) Resident Evil went downhill. Fast. In fact I hate every single sequel.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

18. Re: PC Resident Evil 6 in March Dec 18, 2012, 17:27 theyarecomingforyou

ItBurn wrote on Dec 18, 2012, 10:55:
I hated SF4. I got the super version or whatever. Everything is already unlocked except shit you don't care about. Also, the Ai is TERRIBLE. Like, inexcusably broken. There's little reason to play in single player, and that's what I like. Also, none of the characters interest me. I don't want to play the original ones, and the others are super boring. At least it was a decent PC port.
The regular version pissed me off because I spent lots of time unlocking the characters only to lose that progress when I formatted my computer, due to GFWL being a pain in the ass. I really don't understand why GFWL doesn't track your progress, like UPlay or Steam Cloud. That's especially inconvenient when GFWL encrypts saved data and makes you jump through hoops to back it up. I only really played SSFIV because my ex-girlfriend enjoyed playing it multiplayer.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

17. Re: PC Resident Evil 6 in March Dec 18, 2012, 15:29 Ecthelion

Parias wrote on Dec 18, 2012, 11:11:
Did they do the same thing with RE6 - does it have full campaign co-op? I remember reading some previews and getting mixed signals because it was sort of talking about a drop-in / drop-out mechanic that only worked at certain points and sounded terrible.
Yes, that works the same as RE5. Full campaign co-op makes the games a lot of fun. The drop-in / drop-out mechanic in RE6 is actually for up to 4 players, when a boss battle involves two teams joining up. It works well enough, but I think its main problem is that there aren't usually many people playing the same boss fight at the same time as you, AND playing as the other team. It's an interesting idea, but I don't think it's very practical in reality. Chances are you won't get to use it much.

In the console versions, if you choose to play RE6 online (you can play it offline or online), whether single-player or co-op, the game tries to match you with another player (or two if the other player is also playing co-op with someone) during those boss fights. If you play offline, the other team will be AI.

I liked RE5, and I don't think think I would have liked RE6 otherwise. It's a fun third-person action game, but I wouldn't say it's survival horror anymore. It hasn't really been survival horror since Code Veronica, although one of the console-only DLC mission packs for RE5 was more puzzle and less action based.

I do think it's a bit unfair to compare RE6 to COD though. I'm not even sure I agree that RE6 is more action-heavy than RE5. RE5 had very few puzzles. RE6 split the main story into 4 distinct campaigns. One of them is fairly puzzle-heavy, one is nearly all action, one is a split between action and escape, and the last one is a mix of puzzle and action. If all of RE6 was like the Chris campaign, I could see the COD influence, but they're not.

Also, it appears that the next patch (which presumably will be included in the PC version) is making QTEs optional, which is a nice change. RE6 is just as reliant on QTEs as RE5, perhaps even more so. That's probably the biggest complaint I have against it. So if that can be turned off, that's a big annoyance removed.

16. Re: PC Resident Evil 6 in March Dec 18, 2012, 11:11 Parias

I actually really enjoyed Resident Evil 5 - the only reason was because it had full co-op through the entire campaign, and was fuckloads of fun for me and a friend to go through. I guess as a purely singleplayer title it might not have stacked up too well, but it was one of the best co-op experiences I've had.

Plus it gave me the opportunity to make this screenshot.

Did they do the same thing with RE6 - does it have full campaign co-op? I remember reading some previews and getting mixed signals because it was sort of talking about a drop-in / drop-out mechanic that only worked at certain points and sounded terrible.

15. Re: PC Resident Evil 6 in March Dec 18, 2012, 10:59 Kajetan

Beamer wrote on Dec 18, 2012, 10:03:
Kajetan wrote on Dec 18, 2012, 04:04:
Capcom made more money with RE6 than with any other game of this series.

Really?

Yes. Sadly enough for all RE fans (which i am glad i'm not), Capcoms descision to make RE6 more like CoD paid off. Big! There will be no more classic horror-survival RE. Not with that revenue RE6 has generated.

Capcom simply catered to the fans of the RE movie series, which are nothing more than cheap and horrible action B movies, but make VERY good money.

14. Re: PC Resident Evil 6 in March Dec 18, 2012, 10:55 ItBurn

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Dec 18, 2012, 09:59:
ItBurn wrote on Dec 18, 2012, 07:13:
I can't remember the last game I liked from Capcom... I certainly haven't been anticipating any of their games in not so recent memory.
I liked Super Street Fighter IV but you're right - the majority of Capcom games are simply terrible. It's great that they still port them to the PC but I'm really not interested in buying them.

I hated SF4. I got the super version or whatever. Everything is already unlocked except shit you don't care about. Also, the Ai is TERRIBLE. Like, inexcusably broken. There's little reason to play in single player, and that's what I like. Also, none of the characters interest me. I don't want to play the original ones, and the others are super boring. At least it was a decent PC port.

13. Re: PC Resident Evil 6 in March Dec 18, 2012, 10:31 Topevoli

"Piracy is the reason our game sold like crap" in three... two...  

12. Re: PC Resident Evil 6 in March Dec 18, 2012, 10:03 Beamer

Kajetan wrote on Dec 18, 2012, 04:04:
SS wrote on Dec 18, 2012, 00:35:
RE6 was one of the few games I've regretted purchasing. Its just awful. Capcom needs to do a re-boot or just ditch the series.

Really?

I guess that wouldn't be a huge surprise - RE4 was GC only for a while, wasn't it? Before that it was mostly PS only, so RE5 and RE6 were the only really big multi-platform ones. Also the worst reviewed...

RE4 was the only one I enjoyed, and even then I tried to go back to it a year after it came out and couldn't even do the first mission before feeling like the control ruined it.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

11. Re: PC Resident Evil 6 in March Dec 18, 2012, 09:59 theyarecomingforyou

ItBurn wrote on Dec 18, 2012, 07:13:
I can't remember the last game I liked from Capcom... I certainly haven't been anticipating any of their games in not so recent memory.
I liked Super Street Fighter IV but you're right - the majority of Capcom games are simply terrible. It's great that they still port them to the PC but I'm really not interested in buying them.

10. Re: PC Resident Evil 6 in March Dec 18, 2012, 07:13 ItBurn

9. Re: PC Resident Evil 6 in March Dec 18, 2012, 06:29 theyarecomingforyou

RE5 was a trainwreck; RE6 looks worse.  

8. Re: PC Resident Evil 6 in March Dec 18, 2012, 04:04 Kajetan

SS wrote on Dec 18, 2012, 00:35:
RE6 was one of the few games I've regretted purchasing. Its just awful. Capcom needs to do a re-boot or just ditch the series.

7. Re: PC Resident Evil 6 in March Dec 18, 2012, 03:31 Jerykk

I'm not sure how well Capcom expects this to sell. A six month late port of a game that was poorly received upon release. After six months, it won't have any hype or marketing to help compensate for lackluster reviews.

On the bright side, I'm happy that they aren't using GfWL anymore.

Edit: I may have spoken too soon. They didn't explicitly state the game uses Steamworks exclusively, only that it supports achievements, cloud saves, etc, on Steam. There have been other games that used GFWL and had Steamworks support too (Arkham City and DoW2 come to mind). I'll wait and see.

6. Re: PC Resident Evil 6 in March Dec 18, 2012, 02:16 cronik

pass  

5. Re: PC Resident Evil 6 in March Dec 18, 2012, 02:14 Fantaz

After Resident Evil 5 it went downhill... looks like Capcom doesn't care, since after their RE4 PC port they used the PS2 version instead of the GameCube one, etc.  

4. Re: PC Resident Evil 6 in March Dec 18, 2012, 00:45 Prez

Operation Raccoon City got bad reviews too. Is RE 6 as bad? I actually liked RE5, despite its move away from survival horror to action.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

3. Re: PC Resident Evil 6 in March Dec 18, 2012, 00:35 SS

2. Re: PC Resident Evil 6 in March Dec 18, 2012, 00:17 MoreLuckThanSkill

Yeah,this series has gone way downhill, and it didn't start that high up in the first place.

I did like RE4, I'll admit, but I got RE5 on one of those 2.99 sales awhile back, and I'm struggling to find the desire to finish it. The controls are the toughest opponent in the game by far.

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo