Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Free Street Fighter X Mega Man Released

Capcom-Unity announces the promised release of Street Fighter X Mega Man as a free download. This trailer shows off the retro-styled fighting game, and here's word:

As revealed just over a week ago, Street Fighter X Mega Man is now available for down FREE on our Mega Man group page. Simply head over, click a couple of times and it's yours. No DRM, no login restrictions, just an easy download.

While playing, feel free to hop into our lovely Mega Man community and forums to discuss strategies, boss order, soundtrack favorites and all that fun stuff. I'll be in there... but I'm not going to spoil anything else about the contents or secrets :)

Again, huge shoutouts to Zong Hui and A_Rival for their tireless work on this project. While it began as a fan effort, it's since blossomed into the real deal. They got their work published, got great work experience (plus compensation, of course) and we got an incredible birthday present for our beloved Blue Bomber.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Free Street Fighter X Mega Man Released Dec 17, 2012, 18:10 ViRGE

jacobvandy wrote on Dec 17, 2012, 17:26:
I might agree with you, if the Xbox 360 controller's D-pad wasn't a piece of shit. The analog stick IS better than that. One of the comparative strengths of the PS3 controller, which doesn't have the luxury of being made standard by daddy Microsoft.
It's a bad D-Pad to be sure; in fact it's mechanically more of an analog stick. But it's still going to be the preferable way to play a 2D platformer, unless you want Mega Man sliding all the time.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Free Street Fighter X Mega Man Released Dec 17, 2012, 17:26 jacobvandy

I might agree with you, if the Xbox 360 controller's D-pad wasn't a piece of shit. The analog stick IS better than that. One of the comparative strengths of the PS3 controller, which doesn't have the luxury of being made standard by daddy Microsoft.  

4. Re: Free Street Fighter X Mega Man Released Dec 17, 2012, 17:00 ViRGE

I won't give the game too much crap since it's free, but the fact that it doesn't support the Xbox 360 controller's D-Pad is a massive oversight for a platformer. That's by far the most popular PC controller, and trying to play a 2D platformer on an analog stick is silly.  

3. Re: Free Street Fighter X Mega Man Released Dec 17, 2012, 11:23 SirKnight

Awesome. I miss the days when games were like this. NES!  

2. Re: Free Street Fighter X Mega Man Released Dec 17, 2012, 11:15 The Half Elf

I'll download this, but again I don't know if my thumbs can handle a Mega Man game anymore... damn I feel old

static.capcom.com/sfxmm/SFxMM_US.zip for direct download and not having to sign up for the site.

This comment was edited on Dec 17, 2012, 11:36.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

1. Re: Free Street Fighter X Mega Man Released Dec 17, 2012, 11:00 fawker

I can't get my MotionJoy enabled ps3 controller to work.

Anybody?

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo