Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Game Reviews

What do critics know? Ars commenters make their overrated game picks.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Game Reviews Dec 18, 2012, 10:30 Verno

Prez wrote on Dec 17, 2012, 19:39:
"Most Overrated Games" lists always come across as trollish to me. They know damn well that hundreds of people are going to rush to the defense of whatever games they call out, inciting a massive forum war, getting them more hits for minimal effort.

On the other hand I like to see some of the press revise their opinions after they dole out 9s and 10s like candy on Halloween, only to regret it down the road after the honeymoon period is over (or when they actually finish the game they were "reviewing").

Playing: Far Cry 4, Prison Architect, DriveClub
Watching: Tusk, The Equalizer, The Homesman
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Game Reviews Dec 17, 2012, 19:39 Prez

"Most Overrated Games" lists always come across as trollish to me. They know damn well that hundreds of people are going to rush to the defense of whatever games they call out, inciting a massive forum war, getting them more hits for minimal effort.  

ďThe greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.Ē
- Mahatma Gandhi

5. Re: Game Reviews Dec 17, 2012, 19:18 Kitkoan

jdreyer wrote on Dec 17, 2012, 17:24:
Yeah, Ars game reporting has fallen off a bit. Ben was good.

That "overrated" game article was kind of crappy, although when they did the best of thing, the followup comment article was pretty awesome.

Yeah, it felt kinda as a filler article/thingy. And giving the author a chance to just call out some of the more "random" (possible troll) people.

*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*

4. Re: Game Reviews Dec 17, 2012, 17:24 jdreyer

Yeah, Ars game reporting has fallen off a bit. Ben was good.

That "overrated" game article was kind of crappy, although when they did the best of thing, the followup comment article was pretty awesome.

Also, that podcast is kind of awful.

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

3. Re: Game Reviews Dec 17, 2012, 14:43 Creston

Ben Kuchera is really the guy who kept their games department running. Now that he's gone to PA report (which is well worth reading for their editorial pieces), it's been a quagmire of hit and miss articles.

Ars Technica is great for scientific articles. They really should stop reporting about games period.

Creston

2. Re: Game Reviews Dec 17, 2012, 14:41 avianflu

Ars Technica is starting to lose some of my respect. The quality of writing is all over the place these days (still not remotely as bad as IGN though)  

1. Re: Game Reviews Dec 17, 2012, 12:08 Creston

Editorís Note: As thereís no release date given for Dragonborn on the PC, and the content will be identical to the console versions, weíve taken the liberty of performing our review on the XBox 360 instead.

But unfortunately, I have one complaint, and itís sort of a deal breaker.

Obviously I was playing on the XBox 360, as thatís the only platform Dragonborn is released on so far. So I was already dealing with abysmally slow load times. Sometimes there is lag after loading a new zone that is so long, you wonder if the game is crashing. But no, itís just being ridic slow. After the fourth or fifth time the game actually crashed, though, I was ready to put my adorably pink controller through the TV. I wasnít even doing anything particularly demanding. It would just stop mid-stride, and a primal scream of rage would escape my lips.

Nice PC review. I wonder if the games.on.net guys actually see the problem here, or if they're really this clueless. Wait... games.on.net... aren't they the ones that keep posting those fucking retarded editorials?

Yeah, they're really just this clueless.

Creston

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo