Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

RAGE DLC Next Week

The Bethesda Blog has word that The Scorchers DLC will arrive next week, bringing new content to RAGE, id Software's post-apocalyptic first-person shooter. Here's word on the content, which includes a new gameplay mode and the ability to play past the original game's ending:

Return to the Wasteland in The Scorchers, an all-new RAGE add-on from id Software – arriving on 360, PC, and PS3 next week for $4.99 (or 400 Microsoft Points).

In this brand-new adventure spanning six all-new areas, you will fight alongside new allies to defend the Hager Settlment from a maniacal bandit clan known as The Scorchers. Along the way, you’ll participate in a new season of Mutant Bash TV, encounter new mini-games, and wield the overpowering and brutal Nailgun.

In addition to the new content, this DLC includes ‘Ultra-Nightmare’, a new high difficulty mode, as well as an ‘Extended Play’ option that allows you to play past the original ending of the game – giving you the opportunity to finish collecting items and achievements.

View
64 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

24. Re: RAGE DLC Next Week Dec 15, 2012, 02:14 Clancy

John wrote on Dec 14, 2012, 22:33:
How 'bout a free DLC that gives the game a better ending? I liked RAGE for the most part, but the ending sucked IMO. There was no kind of final battle or anything and the closing video was really short and uninspiring..
What ending? They ran out of time, and they released a unfinished game.
Now, they want $$$ for this ?

pass.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. Re: RAGE DLC Next Week Dec 15, 2012, 01:59 MajorD

RAGE was a major let down for me and seemed to be an insult to most PC gamers and id fans.

Some of you posted that you really liked it, but needed to go back and finish it.........it couldn't have been all that good if you weren't inspired to finish it.; I certainly wasn't. Just a thought......

22. After all this time Dec 15, 2012, 01:49 Darth Guybrush

We have to fucking pay for it? I think not!  

21. Re: RAGE DLC Next Week Dec 15, 2012, 01:15 Creston

*five dismissive wanks*

How's that idstudio coming there, John?

Creston

20. Re: RAGE DLC Next Week Dec 15, 2012, 00:35 Prez

netnerd85 wrote on Dec 14, 2012, 23:44:
Clap Boogie Dance

Great News! can't wait... of course late, but that's Big Beths fault for using all their resources on other games. Remember this DLC was "discovered" last year.

I am so happy for new RAGE content Sunny

Cheerleading RAGE RULES

And to all the haters Middlefinger

MOD tools?

Aren't you the one that hates everything new?

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

19. Re: RAGE DLC Next Week Dec 15, 2012, 00:33 Orphic Resonance

YAWN DLC  

18. Re: RAGE DLC Next Week Dec 14, 2012, 23:48 eRe4s3r

Lol mod tools.. were promised this year, they didn't deliver. As usual.  

17. Re: RAGE DLC Next Week Dec 14, 2012, 23:44 netnerd85

Clap Boogie Dance

Great News! can't wait... of course late, but that's Big Beths fault for using all their resources on other games. Remember this DLC was "discovered" last year.

I am so happy for new RAGE content Sunny

Cheerleading RAGE RULES

And to all the haters Middlefinger

MOD tools?

16. Re: RAGE DLC Next Week Dec 14, 2012, 23:29 xXBatmanXx

Cool, gives me a reason to go back and finish it. Was having a lot of fun playing, but something else came out at the time....  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

15. Re: RAGE DLC Next Week Dec 14, 2012, 22:44 Elricsi

I'm in on this.

Loved Rage, but have not finished SP yet. I guess I had better get cracking.

14. Re: RAGE DLC Next Week Dec 14, 2012, 22:33 John

How 'bout a free DLC that gives the game a better ending? I liked RAGE for the most part, but the ending sucked IMO. There was no kind of final battle or anything and the closing video was really short and uninspiring..  
This space is available for rent

13. Re: RAGE DLC Next Week Dec 14, 2012, 22:32 Jivaro

PHJF wrote on Dec 14, 2012, 20:30:
I'd think any actual fanboy of id would know how to type their name.

Seriously man? A typo crawls up your ass enough to bother commenting? I am going to leave it just for you. Think of it as an early ChRisTmaS present. If you want I can go through and capitalize other random letters in this post as well as an added bonus. If I knew it was this easy to bug you I would have started a long time ago.

This comment was edited on Dec 14, 2012, 22:46.

12. Re: RAGE DLC Next Week Dec 14, 2012, 22:18 Marvin T. Martian

jacobvandy wrote on Dec 14, 2012, 21:43:
Aand because it'll be a new release, I bet it won't go 75% off when the base game does during the Steam Holiday Sale. I can wait.

On sale for 99 cents, and I would consider it and then not buy it.

11. Re: RAGE DLC Next Week Dec 14, 2012, 21:43 jacobvandy

Aand because it'll be a new release, I bet it won't go 75% off when the base game does during the Steam Holiday Sale. I can wait.  

10. Re: RAGE DLC Next Week Dec 14, 2012, 21:33 KilrathiAce

Talk about flogging a dead horse(RAGE) Maybe they didnt get the memo.  

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka

9. Re: RAGE DLC Next Week Dec 14, 2012, 21:20 Alamar

Dammit... I should have waited a year for the GOTY version ; )

-Alamar

8. Re: RAGE DLC Next Week Dec 14, 2012, 21:10 Quinn

Too often still i catch myself being too freaking naive. This time again, while I wa thinking for just a second that absolutely no one in the entire world would buy this DLC or even give a shit.

Rage was so fucking crap -- such an insult of a port, even -- that I just can't wrap my head around the fact that some pc players actually love the game.

Fuck me...

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

7. Re: RAGE DLC Next Week Dec 14, 2012, 20:57 Yosemite Sam

Heh funny, was looking at my PS3 trophies the other day and noticed a whole whack of new RAGE stuff but didnt see any DLC, figured something was in the pipeline.

PSN id PR345, PST - D3, GTA5, Borderlands 2, Grid 2, GTA4, BoS, RDR, GT5, COD WaW, KZ2, RAGE, Dirt2, MC LA, Skate2, LBP, Dead Nation - Wanna jam? Hit me up on PSN, Mention Blues News.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

6. Re: RAGE DLC Next Week Dec 14, 2012, 20:33 ViRGE

SirKnight wrote on Dec 14, 2012, 20:01:
I found Rage to be quite fun and enjoyable so I look forward to this DLC. Too bad they could not have expanded on the MP a bit more. What was there was fun, but there just wasn't enough of it. Also some classical MP game modes would have been nice too.

What I really want is the freaking SDK/mod tools already. But they keep pulling the people working on that to other things so it keeps getting pushed back.
I enjoyed RAGE too. But it's hard to get excited at this point. This DLC basically should have come out a year ago.

5. Re: RAGE DLC Next Week Dec 14, 2012, 20:30 PHJF

I'd think any actual fanboy of id would know how to type their name.

And what the hell you gonna do with a 64bit executable, it ain't like the game's AWESOME textures are gobbling up lots of memory.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

64 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo