Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

RAGE DLC Next Week

The Bethesda Blog has word that The Scorchers DLC will arrive next week, bringing new content to RAGE, id Software's post-apocalyptic first-person shooter. Here's word on the content, which includes a new gameplay mode and the ability to play past the original game's ending:

Return to the Wasteland in The Scorchers, an all-new RAGE add-on from id Software – arriving on 360, PC, and PS3 next week for $4.99 (or 400 Microsoft Points).

In this brand-new adventure spanning six all-new areas, you will fight alongside new allies to defend the Hager Settlment from a maniacal bandit clan known as The Scorchers. Along the way, you’ll participate in a new season of Mutant Bash TV, encounter new mini-games, and wield the overpowering and brutal Nailgun.

In addition to the new content, this DLC includes ‘Ultra-Nightmare’, a new high difficulty mode, as well as an ‘Extended Play’ option that allows you to play past the original ending of the game – giving you the opportunity to finish collecting items and achievements.

View
64 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

44. Re: RAGE DLC Next Week Dec 15, 2012, 11:22 MajorD

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 15, 2012, 03:26:
MajorD wrote on Dec 15, 2012, 01:59:
RAGE was a major let down for me and seemed to be an insult to most PC gamers and id fans.

Some of you posted that you really liked it, but needed to go back and finish it.........it couldn't have been all that good if you weren't inspired to finish it.; I certainly wasn't. Just a thought......

You see my games list? I rarely finish games in a timely manner. I have video game ADD.

You're crazy man! Doesn't it stress you Out having that many unfinished games? How do you sleep at night? Wink

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

43. Re: RAGE DLC Next Week Dec 15, 2012, 10:46 deqer

Haha. So, they don't release the mod tools; then they make a mod themselves and sell it to you as DLC. Ohhh, the days of DLC.

DLC

DLC

lulz.

42. Re: RAGE DLC Next Week Dec 15, 2012, 10:20 Quinn

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Dec 15, 2012, 07:25:
OMG, they're actually charging for this? That's just adding insult to injury. They haven't addressed the horrifically low resolution textures that plagued the game, as if you look at the new screenshots they all have high texture detail for the character models and textures from 1994 for the environments. Look at this screenshot to see what I mean - all the environment textures are low resolution, overexposed, incongruent with surrounding textures and it's almost impossible to determine what material they're trying to portray.

The first thing they should have done was to release free DLC that added an actually ending to the game, which was alluded to in conversations with characters but never materialised. The second thing they should have done was to release the high resolution textures that Carmack talked about - even if they weren't much better it would have at least shown they were serious. And finally they should have released the mod tools that they said were going to be released with the game.

This is too little too late.

Thank god. There's still ppl out here with an opinion that makes sense to me.

I mean, RAGE! FFS! That game just fucking sucked, right? Or was it actually released in 1998? Then it's revolutionary and damn good lookin'.......

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

41. Re: RAGE DLC Next Week Dec 15, 2012, 09:12 Shataan

"What ending? They ran out of time, and they released a unfinished game.
Now, they want $$$ for this ?

pass."

Agreed!!!! I guess DOOM III is going to go down in History as iDs last decent game offering. As well, if peeps wanna bend over and BUY the new dl content, by all means. Have at her. Lube up good for ol Johnny boy. And don`t forget to shine up those rose colored glasses.

40. Re: RAGE DLC Next Week Dec 15, 2012, 07:25 theyarecomingforyou

OMG, they're actually charging for this? That's just adding insult to injury. They haven't addressed the horrifically low resolution textures that plagued the game, as if you look at the new screenshots they all have high texture detail for the character models and textures from 1994 for the environments. Look at this screenshot to see what I mean - all the environment textures are low resolution, overexposed, incongruent with surrounding textures and it's almost impossible to determine what material they're trying to portray.

The first thing they should have done was to release free DLC that added an actually ending to the game, which was alluded to in conversations with characters but never materialised. The second thing they should have done was to release the high resolution textures that Carmack talked about - even if they weren't much better it would have at least shown they were serious. And finally they should have released the mod tools that they said were going to be released with the game.

This is too little too late.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

39. Re: RAGE DLC Next Week Dec 15, 2012, 06:50 netnerd85

Prez wrote on Dec 15, 2012, 06:39:
Did you play RAGE on the 360 or the PC? Because the texture pop-in was terrible on PC. I liked the game itself but technical foibles held it back for me.
PC, I didn't play it when it first came out though. I got it in Dec 2011. The first issue I had was screen tearing. There was stuttering (or something) if I turned on vsync. The patch that added smart vsync fixed those issues though. The screen popping was never an issue for me - I can definitely understand WHY people got pissed off due to this issue when it first came out. Worst release in history? very bumpy. End of the day, good game. If I didn't accept some technical issues on the PC, might as well pack it up and cry in the corner. There will always be an issue to fix for a game on the PC lol.

38. Re: RAGE DLC Next Week Dec 15, 2012, 06:39 Prez

Did you play RAGE on the 360 or the PC? Because the texture pop-in was terrible on PC. I liked the game itself but technical foibles held it back for me.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

37. Re: RAGE DLC Next Week Dec 15, 2012, 06:37 netnerd85

Prez wrote on Dec 15, 2012, 06:24:
Oh dear. You seem to be a person that can only see in black and white, perhaps?

No. Did you not say that you loved RAGE but you were hoping the DLC was Bethesda's way of asking forgiveness? Forgiveness for what?
Sorry, forgot to address this point before. Forgiveness for taking so long to release the DLC and mod tools. That is all I meant. The game is awesome, it has taken over a year for this to come out though.

36. Re: RAGE DLC Next Week Dec 15, 2012, 06:24 Prez

Oh dear. You seem to be a person that can only see in black and white, perhaps?

No. Did you not say that you loved RAGE but you were hoping the DLC was Bethesda's way of asking forgiveness? Forgiveness for what? You think modern shooters have been "raped" and older shooters were better yet Quake was "shit" and RAGE is awesome. None of this sounds at all backwards to you? Not dissing your opinions but they just seem to bounce back and forth is all. Maybe it would help if you stopped talking in absolutes in one breath then exhibit nuanced tastes in another.

This comment was edited on Dec 15, 2012, 06:34.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

35. Re: RAGE DLC Next Week Dec 15, 2012, 06:05 netnerd85

Respen wrote on Dec 15, 2012, 05:52:
netnerd85 wrote on Dec 15, 2012, 04:53:
Quake was shit.

Wuh? I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you probably weren't PC gaming in 1996. It was the only online shooter for it's time, it introduced 3d gaming, and later was one of the only reasons to have some of the first 3d graphics cards as well as paving the way for so much of what we have today in netcode. Quake was groundbreaking innovation, and for it's time, it was amazing and I don't see how this can be denied. Graphically alone, I was floored the first time I'd fired it up.

Sorry an opinion is an opinion, but Quake being shit? That's just an insult to PC gaming.
lol, I know it was 3d and amazing, said my brother. I didn't care. It was dull, brown and boring. I remember thinking, "this game looks like crap, I don't understand". All my brother could say that it was 3d and get angry that I didn't get it lol, funny times. It was SO boring compared to Wolf 3D and Duke 3d. It just didn't do it for me. Even Blood and Doom were better. I had been playing games a LONG time by then - started young thanks to brother and Dad.

You can have the best tech or the worst tech. A boring game is still a boring game. Poor old Quake just never grabbed me.

They NEED to bring back Commander Keen.

34. Re: RAGE DLC Next Week Dec 15, 2012, 05:59 Fibrocyte

NotOneOfUs wrote on Dec 14, 2012, 20:29:
Over a year, still waiting on the 64bit.exe

Okay! (weirdo)

33. Re: RAGE DLC Next Week Dec 15, 2012, 05:52 Respen

netnerd85 wrote on Dec 15, 2012, 04:53:
Quake was shit.

Wuh? I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you probably weren't PC gaming in 1996. It was the only online shooter for it's time, it introduced 3d gaming, and later was one of the only reasons to have some of the first 3d graphics cards as well as paving the way for so much of what we have today in netcode. Quake was groundbreaking innovation, and for it's time, it was amazing and I don't see how this can be denied. Graphically alone, I was floored the first time I'd fired it up.

Sorry an opinion is an opinion, but Quake being shit? That's just an insult to PC gaming.

32. Re: RAGE DLC Next Week Dec 15, 2012, 05:04 Soulburner

Awesome news! I thought id and Bethesda would leave Rage and never come back to it. Thankfully, I was wrong.  

31. Re: RAGE DLC Next Week Dec 15, 2012, 04:53 netnerd85

Prez wrote on Dec 15, 2012, 04:30:
netnerd85 wrote on Dec 15, 2012, 03:47:
lol, did anyone else miss the screenshots on this page: http://bethsoft.com/en-gb/games/scorchers

The new areas look good. Hopefully it doesn't feel like $5 DLC and the price is just a "please forgive us", rather than reflective of the content.

Are there 2 posters with the same handle of netnerd85? A few days ago you said something to the tune of "it's pretty fucking sad that games made in 98/99 are more fun than the garbage they put out today", ( you later qualified it as mostly pertaining to FPS's). Then in this thread you love a modern-day FPS that was released in 2011, but a few posts later you expect the DLC for the same game to be a "please forgive us" type gesture. SOOOO... you love RAGE but feel id needs to apologize for it? Color me confused. Confused
Oh dear. You seem to be a person that can only see in black and white, perhaps? You see, I have the opinion that shooters aren't as good, okay, as good as they used to be overall, compared to, in ratio to the past. You see I can like a game from yesteryear and still like a game from today. You see COD1 was an awesome game, everything after is derpa der. Battlefield used to be awesome, battlefield 2 is a little better than 1942 (maybe?) but Battlefield 2042 (?) and the rest lost their soul.

Are you going to disagree that games aren't dumbbed down and raped to "appeal" to a general market? Who can blame them when if a game steps one foot out of line it gets raped hard by freelance college dbag game reviewers hired by CBS interactive.

I've never been an id fan boy. Quake was shit. Quake 4 was awesome. My opinion of id games has gone the other way, which is strange... but there you go, just my opinion.

I said in the same post that I like Dean Martin, I only listen to him because of Mafia 2 (a good recent game). I happen to listen to nu-metal music as well, not so nu... any more.

*colours you rainbow* pretty!

30. Re: RAGE DLC Next Week Dec 15, 2012, 04:30 Prez

netnerd85 wrote on Dec 15, 2012, 03:47:
lol, did anyone else miss the screenshots on this page: http://bethsoft.com/en-gb/games/scorchers

The new areas look good. Hopefully it doesn't feel like $5 DLC and the price is just a "please forgive us", rather than reflective of the content.

What do expect Bethesda wants to be forgiven for? If you loved RAGE why do you think Bethesda should be apologetic? I am confused.

This comment was edited on Dec 15, 2012, 04:37.

- Mahatma Gandhi

29. Re: RAGE DLC Next Week Dec 15, 2012, 04:12 Yuioup

Crap. I deleted my xbox saved game a few weeks ago because I didn't think I needed it since I finished it.  

28. Re: RAGE DLC Next Week Dec 15, 2012, 03:54 pacbowl

I finally finished it after a few weeks off and on. It was fun although I didn't do a lot of vehicle battles. The trip was fun but the ending needed more.

pop rockets

27. Re: RAGE DLC Next Week Dec 15, 2012, 03:47 netnerd85

26. Re: RAGE DLC Next Week Dec 15, 2012, 03:26 xXBatmanXx

MajorD wrote on Dec 15, 2012, 01:59:
RAGE was a major let down for me and seemed to be an insult to most PC gamers and id fans.

Some of you posted that you really liked it, but needed to go back and finish it.........it couldn't have been all that good if you weren't inspired to finish it.; I certainly wasn't. Just a thought......

You see my games list? I rarely finish games in a timely manner. I have video game ADD.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

25. Re: RAGE DLC Next Week Dec 15, 2012, 03:05 netnerd85

Prez wrote on Dec 15, 2012, 00:35:
netnerd85 wrote on Dec 14, 2012, 23:44:
Clap Boogie Dance

Great News! can't wait... of course late, but that's Big Beths fault for using all their resources on other games. Remember this DLC was "discovered" last year.

I am so happy for new RAGE content Sunny

Cheerleading RAGE RULES

And to all the haters Middlefinger

MOD tools?

Aren't you the one that hates everything new?
No, where did you get that? Did I say that? One of my favourite new games is Dark Souls. You may have been confused when I was talking about how shooters aren't as fun (and lack quality, functionality etc. see any recent tactical shooter) overall as they use to be. And I've said many times that RAGE is awesome.

64 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo