Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Buzz Aldrin Space Game

Slitherine and Buzz Aldrin Enterprises (nope, we didn't know such an outfit existed either) announce a collaboration on an upcoming strategy game based on space exploration. The game is in development at Polar Motion for release sometime next year, and as for the cantankerous astronaut's role in the production, word is the deal grants the developers direct access to Buzz on critical aspects of the game design. "I’m very happy to be working with Slitherine on this project," says Aldrin. "Not only will it focus on the space missions I was privileged to take part in, but it will also include my Aldrin Cycler concept which incorporates my vision of how we should get to Mars."

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Buzz Aldrin Space Game Dec 14, 2012, 12:41 Orphic Resonance

"We should go boldly where man has not gone before. Fly by the comets, visit asteroids, visit the moon of Mars. There’s a monolith there. A very unusual structure on this potato shaped object that goes around Mars once in seven hours. When people find out about that they’re going to say ‘who put that there? Who put that there?’ The universe put it there. If you choose, God put it there…”

- Buzz Aldrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDIXvpjnRws

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Buzz Aldrin Space Game Dec 14, 2012, 10:05 Fletch

Punching some asshole for getting in his face and accusing him of partaking in a fake moon landing doesn't make him "cantankerous".
Anyhoo, sounds interesting. I'll get it just cuz o' Buzz.

6. Re: Buzz Aldrin Space Game Dec 14, 2012, 09:48 InBlack

Well now....thanks for this little gem. Im trying it out as soon as I get home from work!  

I have a nifty blue line!

5. Re: Buzz Aldrin Space Game Dec 14, 2012, 08:32 Burrito of Peace

Efflixi wrote on Dec 14, 2012, 08:21:
It can't be any better than Kerbal Space Program. That game is amazing! I've put in well over a thousand hours into it! Many kerbals have died to bring you this information.

www.kerbalspaceprogram.com

+Eleventy bajillion

KSP is an amazing, fun game with a great, helpful community and a very mod friendly development team. I have taken my Kerbals to the outer planet, landed upon it, strutted around and returned home safely. It was the one hardest things I've ever done in a game and also one of the most satisfying.

4. Re: Buzz Aldrin Space Game Dec 14, 2012, 08:21 Efflixi

It can't be any better than Kerbal Space Program. That game is amazing! I've put in well over a thousand hours into it! Many kerbals have died to bring you this information.

www.kerbalspaceprogram.com

3. Re: Buzz Aldrin Space Game Dec 14, 2012, 08:08 TheEmissary

I hope its a lot like his previous game Buzz_Aldrin's_Race_Into_Space by Interplay. It would be pretty cool to have that game remade for HD displays and modernized.

This comment was edited on Dec 14, 2012, 08:19.

2. Re: Buzz Aldrin Space Game Dec 13, 2012, 23:00 Fantaz

I actually met Buzz Aldrin! He's a really nice guy. Very sweet, his son is not so much though. But Buzz is very nice so I wouldn't say "cantankerous" (unless they say him going to the moon is a hoax). Sounds like a cool idea for a game.  

1. Re: Buzz Aldrin Space Game Dec 13, 2012, 22:15 nin

"My man Buzz Lightyear here!"

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo