Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Borderlands 2 Patched; New DLC Outed

Gearbox Software Support has details on a new patch for Borderlands 2 that was released today to update Gearbox's RPG/first-person shooter to version 1.3.0 (thanks nin). Also, Polygon has word that the next DLC for the game will be called Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt after trophies revealing this turned up in the PS3 edition of the patch. In one more related note, Claptrap Web Series Season 2, Ep. 2 is now online. Here's what's new in the new version of the game:

• Fixed the "use" description text on the HUD getting cut off prematurely when binding "use" to certain keys.
    Fixed a bug that could cause the critical hit bonus to inconsistently be included on the item card of weapons that modify this stat like Miss Moxxi's Bad Touch.
  • Fixed a bug causing decals to not be displayed when the framerate was set to 30FPS Capped.
  • Fixed a bug causing head customizations from the Mr. Torgue DLC to not unlock properly for Sirens and Mechromancers.
  • Fixed a bug where profiles would refuse to save when they were already corrupted on startup.
  • Fixed a bug where profile restoration code would sometimes trigger inappropriately.

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Borderlands 2 Patched; New DLC Outed Dec 15, 2012, 11:42 Jivaro

That is something I can agree with Batman...I found the loot itself to be just fine. I feel like I find upgrades for all of my various items at a pretty good pace. At least I do in BL2, I don't really remember if that was the case in the first one.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Borderlands 2 Patched; New DLC Outed Dec 14, 2012, 22:44 xXBatmanXx

I find all of the complaints a little funny.

It is first person Diablo. How many times did you have to paly through Diablo to get good shit? I have played through at least 10x on d1 and d2, and I still don't have the best gear.

oh well.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

9. Re: Borderlands 2 Patched; New DLC Outed Dec 14, 2012, 15:31 Jivaro

PHJF wrote on Dec 14, 2012, 09:12:
After like twenty hours of it I stopped noticing how awful the inventory is.

Why does it matter anyways when .5% (on a good day) of the weapons you find are upgrades, anyways?

A loot game with a shitty inventory system is a broken game that needs fixing. Period. As for the logic that it is meant for consoles/gamepads...I think it sucks on a gamepad too. I tried it on a PS3 and had the same opinion of it that I did on my PC. It just sucks. It isn't good for any type of control system and it is incredibly limited for a game that brags about the billions of types of loot you can collect. Excuses like "only a few weapons are upgrades" are just that...excuses. Its a contradictory game mechanic that works against some of the strongest points of the game. If a system is so awful it takes you 20 hours to get over it, that is a bad thing.

8. Re: Borderlands 2 Patched; New DLC Outed Dec 14, 2012, 09:12 PHJF

After like twenty hours of it I stopped noticing how awful the inventory is.

Why does it matter anyways when .5% (on a good day) of the weapons you find are upgrades, anyways?

Steam + PSN: PHJF

7. Re: Borderlands 2 Patched; New DLC Outed Dec 14, 2012, 08:39 ochentay4

Jivaro wrote on Dec 13, 2012, 21:43:
The inventory system sucks. Period. Scrap it, make a new one. Don't fix this one, don't make it "better", don't change a couple of things. Just toss it in the bin marked "can of ideas that got people fired" and start over. Oh and yeah, fire the dude who thought it was a good idea. If he is too far up the food chain to fire, kick him in the balls. Repeatedly. Why? Because that is about how much I like using the inventory system in the game...about as much as I like being kicked in the balls.

Exactly how I feel about Borderlands 2 inventory. its so uncomfortable I cant stand playing the damn game anymore.

6. Re: Borderlands 2 Patched; New DLC Outed Dec 14, 2012, 03:45 Armengar

bought this in the halloween sale cheap, I still havent downloaded it, never mind play it. With christmas steam sale only a week away things are looking good for a computery christmas

(if I can get the other half to take the kids to see the inlaws whilst I am ill *cough cough*)

Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.

5. Re: Borderlands 2 Patched; New DLC Outed Dec 14, 2012, 01:20 Creston

The inventory system is created for the consoles, and Gearbox can't be arsed to write a better one for the PC.

Been playing it again the last couple of days, it's still a very fun game. And now that I've upped the drop rate permanently (it seems to get saved into your savegame), it's actually dropping an enjoyable amount of loot. Nothing crazy, but every two to three quests, or every hour of play, I find a few purples and blues.

Creston

4. Re: Borderlands 2 Patched; New DLC Outed Dec 13, 2012, 22:19 nin

Needs 3rd person view as a supported option.

That would be good. Esp with all the costume variants.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

3. Re: Borderlands 2 Patched; New DLC Outed Dec 13, 2012, 22:17 Shineyguy

Finished the DLCs and am about half way through on True Vault Hunter Mode. I still greatly enjoy the game, but that may be because I like shooting stuff. And loot. And the zany writing.

As good as Tiny Tina was written, some of the characters in the DLCs are just that more entertaining.

2. Re: Borderlands 2 Patched; New DLC Outed Dec 13, 2012, 21:43 Jivaro

I only have two complaints about Borderlands or Borderlands 2:

1) Needs 3rd person view as a supported option. Aside from all the various arguements about different people preferring to play from different points of view, I imagine they would be able to sell a great many more cosmetic DLC packs, or get people to actually care about the in-game variations that are included, if people could actually see what they looked like. Just saying.

2) The inventory system sucks. Period. Scrap it, make a new one. Don't fix this one, don't make it "better", don't change a couple of things. Just toss it in the bin marked "can of ideas that got people fired" and start over. Oh and yeah, fire the dude who thought it was a good idea. If he is too far up the food chain to fire, kick him in the balls. Repeatedly. Why? Because that is about how much I like using the inventory system in the game...about as much as I like being kicked in the balls.

1. Re: Borderlands 2 Patched; New DLC Outed Dec 13, 2012, 21:22 The Half Elf

Anyone finished the first 2 DLC's? I think I finally figured out why I don't like Borderlands, as someone else mentioned there is nothing else to do in the game except shoot stuff. Don't get me wrong that was great back in the old days, but even with the long dragged out story, I think I need a little more depth to the game.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo