Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Dead Space 3 Trailer

A new trailer is now available for Dead Space 3, showing off the "two ways to play" the upcoming shooter sequel. Word is: "In Dead Space 3, there's two ways to play. Go it alone as engineer Isaac Clarke, or team up with the dementia battling John Carver. See how the story changes as you play the two modes. Drop in, drop out online co-op makes it easy play your way."

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Dead Space 3 Trailer Dec 16, 2012, 05:25 Quinn

Jerykk wrote on Dec 16, 2012, 02:13:
The DS games have great atmosphere but I can't really consider them scary. The fact that I can dismember and kill every enemy I encounter negates any fear that they might otherwise evoke. DS3 looks to be even less scary, as they're adding more traditional weapons and human combat.

When I think Dead Space 3, I think FEAR 3. I hope this is t going to be a similar clusterfuck.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Dead Space 3 Trailer Dec 16, 2012, 02:13 Jerykk

The DS games have great atmosphere but I can't really consider them scary. The fact that I can dismember and kill every enemy I encounter negates any fear that they might otherwise evoke. DS3 looks to be even less scary, as they're adding more traditional weapons and human combat.  

7. Re: Dead Space 3 Trailer Dec 14, 2012, 09:15 Frags4Fun

I doubt that I'll buy this one. The 1st one was very good, but it was a pain in the nuts to have to use Autohotkey to remap some of the controls (I use mouse2 to run forward/ have been doing that since Quake). Using autohotkey also messed up the inventory and other screens so it wasn't an ideal fix. The second game came out and it was the same shit. I'm not willing to put up with that nonsense again. Also, the lack of Anti Aliasing put me off as well. Too many jaggies and it ruined the otherwise great graphics for my spoiled eyes.

Other than those 2 complaints, the first 2 were great games. I'll check into those things after it's released and make my decision to purchase then.

6. Re: Dead Space 3 Trailer Dec 14, 2012, 09:11 Verno

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 14, 2012, 00:28:
I still need to play the first 2...

Play the first game with headphones on in the dark. That games ambient sound is unreal.

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown

5. Re: Dead Space 3 Trailer Dec 14, 2012, 02:45 Mashiki Amiketo

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 14, 2012, 00:28:
Play much better with the lights off, sound up and partially wasted(I prefer booze). Loved both games without a doubt, been awhile since I played something that actually scared me a few times.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

4. Re: Dead Space 3 Trailer Dec 14, 2012, 01:13 Cyanotetyphas

I will never be against a game that gives us campaign co-op, but I hope it can be done on the couch. RE5 was bizarre but well played over here due to being one of the few coop campaigns I could get my hands on.

I liked the tone of DS2 which they seem to be sticking close to here. I think the world building could use some tweaking though, DS1 seemed so cohesive but the Sprawl was a bit of a mess.

Synthetic Error - Entertainment bloggin http://syntheticerror.wordpress.com/

3. Re: Dead Space 3 Trailer Dec 14, 2012, 00:59 MoreLuckThanSkill

Dammit, this is pretty much a required buy for me. I loved Dead Space 1, and lost my shit over Dead Space 2.

Part of me wants to bash them for doing coop in a survival horror(ok not as survival horror as Amnesia, but leaning that direction) game, but the rest of me rationalizes I can play it both solo and with a few other Dead Space addicts I know, so no loss.

Only drawback so far really, seems to be the usual pre-order and/or store specific bullshit item scams that they're going to be doing.

Let's hope the DRM isn't out of control either...

2. Re: Dead Space 3 Trailer Dec 14, 2012, 00:28 The Half Elf

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

1. Re: Dead Space 3 Trailer Dec 13, 2012, 23:31 Fantaz

Trailer looks decent, just the co-op and the way they are marketing it kind of puts me off... seems to suffer from Army of Two syndrome and sequelitis. Typical EA trying to cash in on this franchise ASAP.

They have the rights to System Shock 3 yet they squander it and make Dead Space 3 instead. Kinect commands? Looks like a co-op horror bro shooter on the same vein as the new Gears game.

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo