Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

etc., etc.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: etc., etc. Dec 14, 2012, 19:19 nin

Creston wrote on Dec 14, 2012, 10:41:
nin wrote on Dec 14, 2012, 01:33:
Or Nico's, for that matter.

COUS-IN! LET'S GO BOWLING!!!!!!!!

For awhile I'd pretend to take him wherever he'd want to go, then I'd (try to) drown him in the river. I was hoping he'd eventually get the hint.

He didn't.

Creston

I just took everyone drinking to play the drunk driving minigame.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: etc., etc. Dec 14, 2012, 13:29 avianflu

San Andreas was great but the plot and characters stopped making sense about half-way thru. Also, it was hilarious that most of the main characters were gang-bangers but there was no character under 25 years of age in the various gangs. I suspect it was because of the depiction of drug-use in the cut scenes but that's just a guess.

Rockstar keeps trying to make coherent plots in their sandbox games but they never quiiiite get there.

13. Re: etc., etc. Dec 14, 2012, 10:41 Creston

For awhile I'd pretend to take him wherever he'd want to go, then I'd (try to) drown him in the river. I was hoping he'd eventually get the hint.

He didn't.

Creston

12. Re: etc., etc. Dec 14, 2012, 09:55 zombiefan

San Andreas was the best in the series by far. The sheer size of the game world, the amount of things you could do, the RPG-like elements of character customization, the list goes on and on.

All Vice City had going for it was an 80's theme. That doesn't stack up against everything San Andreas offered.

11. Re: etc., etc. Dec 14, 2012, 09:07 Verno

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 13, 2012, 23:08:
I know there are a few haters of MMO's but what about all the cities, and just give people 2 sides, cops/villians. Like APB but actually fun. And I mean Cops and Robbers on a Planetside scale. 50 inmates break out of a prison and they will do anything to escape, meanwhile 50 police need to stop them at any means.
Throw that in a box for 50 bucks and cosmetic in-game store and I'd bite.

I know its a shitty thing to say but I'd love to see a realistic open world model of LA where you have actual gang territory and shit like that. Like playing an episode of Southland in videogame form where even the cops only go to certain areas in force.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling

10. Re: etc., etc. Dec 14, 2012, 05:12 Rigs

I loved Roman's scenes, he was just too funny...especially in the intro and very beginning, when they get to the apartment...

"This city is like a giant Udermilken Ice Cream Shop. Thirty-six flavors of titty!"

or

"Okay, I'm an idiot, but you have to admit I've got the best line in bullshit you've ever heard."

That shit never gets old!

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

9. Re: etc., etc. Dec 14, 2012, 02:43 Mashiki Amiketo

Cutter wrote on Dec 14, 2012, 00:07:
No one cares about San Andreas and how would you deal with the timelines. What made Vice City the best GTA was the 80s theme. So unless the entire time period is 70s/80s it'll suck.
Really that's my feeling on all of it. I've played the entire GTA series and at the end I wasn't really impressed. Though I just finished SR3 off of recommendations of some folks here and damn if I didn't enjoy that a lot. That, was a blast.

Now off for some more super-ethical-murder-happy-funtime!

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

8. Re: etc., etc. Dec 14, 2012, 01:37 SectorEffector

Creston wrote on Dec 14, 2012, 01:22:
No one cares about San Andreas and how would you deal with the timelines. What made Vice City the best GTA was the 80s theme. So unless the entire time period is 70s/80s it'll suck.

Hey, I care about San Andreas. :p

I imagine you mean the storyline, which is true, I don't really care about that. Then again, I didn't give a shit about Tommy Vercetti's stupid storyline either. Or the nameless dude before him. Or Nico's, for that matter.

But I loved the setting of San Andreas and the country side. I'd definitely want to see that in there. Not just cities.

Creston

San Andreas handled the feeling of a functioning world with its multiple cities / outdoor areas. +1 for GTA V's setting.

Don't care for the nameless dude? (claude)
Gotta like the silent guy sometimes, Claude being completely silent while every increasingly power hungry twisted figure you meet just spills their guts and destroy themselves as you collect their money.

Nameless guy is way more charismatic then some of the other main characters and he doesn't even talk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-Q2iICtlIc

7. Re: etc., etc. Dec 14, 2012, 01:33 nin

6. Re: etc., etc. Dec 14, 2012, 01:22 Creston

Hey, I care about San Andreas. :p

I imagine you mean the storyline, which is true, I don't really care about that. Then again, I didn't give a shit about Tommy Vercetti's stupid storyline either. Or the nameless dude before him. Or Nico's, for that matter.

But I loved the setting of San Andreas and the country side. I'd definitely want to see that in there. Not just cities.

Creston

5. Re: etc., etc. Dec 14, 2012, 00:14 nin

I suspect that's why we've not seen a return to vice city yet. 4 and 5 are set in modern times, and half of VC was the 80s atmosphere.

I've been replaying Liberty City Stories this week, and got to a mission where Yusuf mentioned going to VC for two weeks.

4. Re: etc., etc. Dec 14, 2012, 00:07 Cutter

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

3. Re: etc., etc. Dec 13, 2012, 23:08 The Half Elf

I know there are a few haters of MMO's but what about all the cities, and just give people 2 sides, cops/villians. Like APB but actually fun. And I mean Cops and Robbers on a Planetside scale. 50 inmates break out of a prison and they will do anything to escape, meanwhile 50 police need to stop them at any means.
Throw that in a box for 50 bucks and cosmetic in-game store and I'd bite.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

2. Re: etc., etc. Dec 13, 2012, 22:39 Mashiki Amiketo

Adam Jensen playing DX:HR was pretty good.  
--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

1. Re: etc., etc. Dec 13, 2012, 22:03 Rigs

Geezus, *R, don't frakin' tell us about it, just frakin' DO IT and THEN gloat after, so we can all be happy...as long as it's PC-centric...

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo