Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Arma 3 Delayed

Bohemia Interactive announces a delay to the release of Arma 3, saying the military shooter sequel is now expected sometime in 2013 (the game was announced for release this past summer). The announcement refers to this as "an eventful year," noting the arrest of two of their developers for espionage, though this is not directly blamed for the setback. Here's word:

In what might be described as an eventful year, Bohemia Interactive has decided to postpone the release of Arma 3. The additional development time enables the project to reach its full potential, with the studio expecting to finalize their release plans in the new year.

Recently, Joris-Jan van ‘t Land, a 10-year veteran of Bohemia Interactive, took over the role of Arma 3 Project Lead from Daniel Musil, who left the studio to pursue other opportunities.

Joris-Jan van ‘t Land: "We’ve been in the process of implementing changes that will help us innovate as a studio under unexpected circumstances - facing problems we simply couldn't have imagined”, referring to the detainment of two Bohemia Interactive employees in Greece. Both were arrested on suspicion of espionage while spending their holiday on Lemnos - an island that served as inspiration for the environment in Arma 3. They have since remained in jail pending legal proceedings. "We're still trying to make sense of the situation and hope that our colleagues will be released soon. Although their plight has certainly affected us on a personal level, we continue working on the tasks identified as key to the release of Arma 3."

The new release window of Arma 3 has been set for 2013. Joris-Jan van 't Land: "I hope this update provides some answers regarding the status of the project. We’re currently sorting the specifics so we can deliver a more complete announcement at the beginning of next year."

The studio is also working on a standalone version of DayZ, which is developed by a team led by Dean Hall.

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: Arma 3 Delayed Dec 14, 2012, 04:41 Muscular Beaver

Armengar wrote on Dec 14, 2012, 03:48:
The greek are notoriously finicky about their military installations (god knows why in the age of google earth). Even plane spotters get rustled for taking pictures of planes (that are documented already on wikipedia)

Because they are at a "cold war" with Turkey, prolly.

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Arma 3 Delayed Dec 14, 2012, 03:48 Armengar

The greek are notoriously finicky about their military installations (god knows why in the age of google earth). Even plane spotters get rustled for taking pictures of planes (that are documented already on wikipedia)  
Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.

14. Re: Arma 3 Delayed Dec 14, 2012, 01:46 SectorEffector

DangerDog wrote on Dec 13, 2012, 16:31:
I think they were planing on having a community alpha released before the new year, same for Day-Z - also delayed? but they decided to go with a newer version of Physx which meant redoing a lot of their assets.

reveal your sources! I was dissapointed with the current integration and I'd love to see they upgraded it. All the E3 videos showing physics and trucks hitting boxes is really sad to watch.

It's like doing large particle simulations in Maya... its just sad, and they think its really good all the while it's the most garbage simulations ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-Q2iICtlIc

13. Re: Arma 3 Delayed Dec 13, 2012, 20:47 NamecaF

I wonder if the delay is to rework the "islands" so they're less-realistic in terms of military installations etc. at the behest of the Greeks, in order to let their guys out?

The Greeks problem with them might be that their game is seemingly (rightly or wrongly) giving away too much info about their islands and military installations - after all that was the main reason the guys from Bohemia were arrested wasn't it?

12. Re: Arma 3 Delayed Dec 13, 2012, 17:17 Whiskers

They probably took a lot of people off of Arma 3 and put them onto Day Z, since that mod probably sold more copies of Arma 2 than Arma 2 itself. They haven't even patched their latest DLC that is chocked full of bugs and has been out for quite a while.  

11. Re: Arma 3 Delayed Dec 13, 2012, 17:04 Sir Graves

Well that's a major downer, man. But then, I was totally expecting it. Oh well. Stinks.  

10. Re: Arma 3 Delayed Dec 13, 2012, 17:00 jacobvandy

Word on DayZ standalone is still "before the end of the year," and they've got a couple weeks yet.  

9. Re: Arma 3 Delayed Dec 13, 2012, 16:31 DangerDog

I think they were planing on having a community alpha released before the new year, same for Day-Z - also delayed? but they decided to go with a newer version of Physx which meant redoing a lot of their assets.

8. Re: Arma 3 Delayed Dec 13, 2012, 13:15 MajorD

Creston wrote on Dec 13, 2012, 12:55:
Hey, Joris-Jan! Ouwe rukker! Alles kits?

(seriously, it's easy to see why he left Holland. Anyone with that name would get made fun of constantly.)

Creston

Grin.... Better than "Horst Schmidt" I guess. Wink

7. Re: Arma 3 Delayed Dec 13, 2012, 12:55 Creston

Hey, Joris-Jan! Ouwe rukker! Alles kits?

(seriously, it's easy to see why he left Holland. Anyone with that name would get made fun of constantly.)

Creston

6. Re: Arma 3 Delayed Dec 13, 2012, 12:29 Wildone

Hmm get a better rig, I got a decent one last march for about 1K that runs Arma2 just fine and everything else out there right now. IbuyPower baby!!!  

5. Re: Arma 3 Delayed Dec 13, 2012, 11:30 MajorD

SirKnight wrote on Dec 13, 2012, 10:34:
I thought they already pushed it to 2013 a while back?

The same thing came to mind with me as well; however, I could be confusing it with another game.....so many of them, who knows.

4. Re: Arma 3 Delayed Dec 13, 2012, 11:29 Angrius Maximis

In my opinion Arma 2 should STILL be delayed, let alone 3. Game still runs like shit  

3. Re: Arma 3 Delayed Dec 13, 2012, 11:15 Leper

This is kinda late, unnecessary and vague since there are two weeks left in the year. I think most people assumed it wasn't going to be released in 2012.  

2. Re: Arma 3 Delayed Dec 13, 2012, 11:00 Wildone

was wondering about the silence since E3, oh well all the better for it  

1. Re: Arma 3 Delayed Dec 13, 2012, 10:34 SirKnight

I thought they already pushed it to 2013 a while back?  

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo