Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evochron Mercenary Expands

The Evochron Mercenary Website now offers a new version 2.088 of this freeform space simulation from indie developer StarWraith 3D Games. Their screenshots page the latest images from the game, and this FAQ has all the details on the latest version, which is considered an expansion, as reflected by the 2.x version numbering. As always, an updated version of the playable trial also accompanies the new release. Word is: "It's recommended that you read that information page for details on upgrading from older versions of the game, a summary of what's new, and recommendations on using some of the new available options. "

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Evochron Mercenary Expands Dec 13, 2012, 22:16 PunkiBastardo

Awesome! They added mechs in this update...  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Evochron Mercenary Expands Dec 13, 2012, 18:42 Wolfox

Suppa7 wrote on Dec 13, 2012, 15:46:
It's too bad the guy behind evo has no fucking clue how to make a fun space combat game. It's basically flight simulator in space for the retarded half of humanity. More proof that trying to be realistic leads to shitty unfun games. No wonder he did it himself.

I`m curious. Can you give examples of space combat games you consider "fun"?

7. Re: Evochron Mercenary Expands Dec 13, 2012, 17:07 jimnms

Suppa7 wrote on Dec 13, 2012, 15:46:
It's too bad the guy behind evo has no fucking clue how to make a fun space combat game. It's basically flight simulator in space for the retarded half of humanity. More proof that trying to be realistic leads to shitty unfun games. No wonder he did it himself.

I find it funny that you call people who like realism retarded. If you want an arcadey space shooter, go play an arcadey space shooter. Personally I don't find space/flying/driving games fun if the vehicles don't handle in a realistic manner. My brain is hardwired to expect the world to work the way it does, and if I'm playing a game and things are too unrealistic it's distracting and makes games "shitty unfun" for me because my brain is telling me something isn't right.

MeanJim on Steam

6. Re: Evochron Mercenary Expands Dec 13, 2012, 15:46 Suppa7

5. Re: Evochron Mercenary Expands Dec 13, 2012, 13:48 fiftykyu

Either the website or forum (sorry, don't remember which) had some good beginner information, but I haven't played in a while. Got distracted by something shiny after a while and somehow never went back. Like the X-series, there's a fair amount of stuff to fit in your head. As long as you keep playing it's no problem, but if you stop or take a break it tends to fall out. That's how it worked for me at any rate, but perhaps I just need earplugs or something.

It sounds like the graphics and interface got an update, which wouldn't hurt at all.

Speaking of forgetting things, I like games that put reminders of the state of various quests on the loading screen. Here's a thought - if the save's six months old, ask if we want to turn all the tutorial stuff back on.

4. Re: Evochron Mercenary Expands Dec 13, 2012, 13:47 nin

There are some video tutorials on the main site to give you an idea of how to get started.

Thank you thank you!

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

3. Re: Evochron Mercenary Expands Dec 13, 2012, 13:28 jimnms

nin wrote on Dec 13, 2012, 13:11:
I should really install this and give it a go. But the one time I tried it (granted, years ago), it had a bit of a curve, and I wasn't sure what I was supposed to be doing...

Anyone know of a beginners guide anywhere?

There are some video tutorials on the main site to give you an idea of how to get started.

The game seems big and overwhelming. I bought it on a Steam sale, either this past summer or last winter. I played the tutorial and explored the starting solar system a bit, but never got farther than that. I guess now is a good time to get back into it.

Also, if you've bought the Steam version, you can right click the game and get the CD key, which can be used on the download version from the official site.

MeanJim on Steam

2. Re: Evochron Mercenary Expands Dec 13, 2012, 13:11 nin

I should really install this and give it a go. But the one time I tried it (granted, years ago), it had a bit of a curve, and I wasn't sure what I was supposed to be doing...

Anyone know of a beginners guide anywhere?

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

1. Re: Evochron Mercenary Expands Dec 13, 2012, 11:11 Aero

Nice.

Been waiting for this.

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo