Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Assassin's Creed III DLC and Sales Record

Steam News announces the release of The Hidden Secrets Pack for Assassin's Creed III, adding new content to the stealthy assassination sequel. Word is: "The Hidden Secrets Pack adds three extra missions, taking you from the Lost Mayan Ruins to the high seas. Every success is rewarded with an in-game weapon! You'll also receive two single-player skins including the original uniform of the Captain of the Aquila and the traditional Colonial Assassin, along with two multiplayer characters including the fearsome Redcoat and the deadly Sharpshooter." Ubisoft also announces AC3 is their fastest selling game of all time:

Today, Ubisoft® announced that Assassin's Creed® III is the fastest-selling game in the company's history, with total sell-through topping the 7 million mark worldwide just one month after its release.

Fans have wasted no time exploring the game's open world, and getting involved in the action-packed story. In solo missions alone, gamers have accumulated more than 82 centuries of gaming time and committed more than 3 billion in-game assassinations. The deadly action continues in the multiplayer, where more than twice as many gamers have joined the multiplayer mode compared to Assassin's Creed Revelations. To date, more than 250 million assassinations have been performed in more than 5 billion multiplayer sessions.

"The reception for Assassin's Creed III has been exceptional, and this success has positioned the game among the best sellers of the 2012 holiday season" said Tony Key, senior vice president of sales and marketing, Ubisoft. "We knew we had something special on our hands when Assassin's Creed III was launched, and we're really excited and proud to see how much fans are enjoying the latest installment in the franchise."

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Assassin's Creed III DLC and Sales Record Dec 13, 2012, 14:44 Creston

Jraptor59 wrote on Dec 13, 2012, 09:59:
Its amazing that people put up with DLC released shortly after a game is initially released. This material was obviously ready to include in the game. As long as people are willing to be suckers, this will only get worse.

It WAS included in the game. These missions were the "rewards" for buying the more expensive version.

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Assassin's Creed III DLC and Sales Record Dec 13, 2012, 14:43 Creston

In solo missions alone, gamers have accumulated more than 82 centuries of gaming time and committed more than 3 billion 25 in-game assassinations

Fixed for accuracy. You don't really assassinate all that many people. I think Pitcairn is probably really the only guy you truly 'assassinate.'

Everyone else you kill is just in a sword fight.

The sad thing is that Ubisoft will feel that they're taking the right path with the AC series, when in fact they aren't. AC3 is horribly bloated, filled with irritating optional objectives, and does away with the actual assassination parts. Remember those side mission that Ezio could take, the 20-30ish missions to go kill a particular guy? Gone. Assassination missions now are "kill 5 random guys on the street with the 5th one always being your target." And there's a grand total of two of them (one in each city.)

If not for the truly remarkable ship battles (which ironically almost everyone was so worried about; they turn out to be by FAR the best bits of the game) and the excellent frontier section, this game would be worse than AC1.

Creston

10. Re: Assassin's Creed III DLC and Sales Record Dec 13, 2012, 13:04 avianflu

The engine it runs on is rather impressive in its scalability but that's the only compliment I can offer the AC series.

9. Re: Assassin's Creed III DLC and Sales Record Dec 13, 2012, 11:47 CrimsonPaw

AC games have always been in the "I can wait for it to hit $20" category for me; I'm sure it has something to due with the notion that Ubisoft games typically drop to at least 1/2 of their release price at some point within 3 months of release. Amazon's $33 AC III sale on Tuesday is a fine example ... now if only Far Cry 3 could do the same, that's the only thing keeping me from picking it up (the fear of it dropping in price after purchase).  
~~Crim~~

8. Re: Assassin's Creed III DLC and Sales Record Dec 13, 2012, 10:01 NegaDeath

By the time I get around to buying this hopefully they have a GOTY edition out. I haven't even played Brotherhood yet.  

7. Re: Assassin's Creed III DLC and Sales Record Dec 13, 2012, 09:59 Jraptor59

Its amazing that people put up with DLC released shortly after a game is initially released. This material was obviously ready to include in the game. As long as people are willing to be suckers, this will only get worse.  

6. Re: Assassin's Creed III DLC and Sales Record Dec 13, 2012, 09:41 Omni

I dont even know.  

5. Re: Assassin's Creed III DLC and Sales Record Dec 13, 2012, 09:23 Cutter

Flatline, would you listen to Sloop John B whilst you play?

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

4. Re: Assassin's Creed III DLC and Sales Record Dec 13, 2012, 05:30 Nadool

Shocking considering this is the most glitch filled of them all. Sooooo many bugs. Still love it, love the series. But there are so many things wrong with this game.  

3. Re: Assassin's Creed III DLC and Sales Record Dec 13, 2012, 01:44 Flatline

Funny enough... I now really, REALLY wish that Ubisoft would do an age of sail simulator game. The naval missions are seriously arcade-esque, but the detail and pacing and visuals are gorgeous, and come closer to my desire for a Master & Commander game than I've seen yet.

My ultimate wet dream would be a first/third person simulator with voice controls so I could scream out "On the uproll... FIRE!!!!" or call for the top men to trim sail, or order a boarding action.

2. Re: Assassin's Creed III DLC and Sales Record Dec 13, 2012, 00:09 Cutter

God bless 'Murica!  

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

1. Re: Assassin's Creed III DLC and Sales Record Dec 12, 2012, 22:21 PHJF

Amazing what marking a game down early ("devaluing the IP") can do for sales.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo