Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

BioShock Infinite Alternate Box Art Vote

A Message from Ken Levine has word that BioShock Infinite box will come with a reversible cover, offering the chance to improve upon the default version designed to appeal to fratboys. Irrational Games is even providing the opportunity to vote on your favorite choice, and says they will also present even more alternate covers that players will be able to download for free and print out to customize the box for the upcoming first-person shooter sequel. In a related note, there's an interview about the game with Ken Levine on IGN where he discusses the project, including the reasons they dropped plans for multiplayer support.

View
29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

29. Re: BioShock Infinite Alternate Box Art Vote Dec 13, 2012, 16:10 PHJF

Why? I assume a bullet would pass through the intestines largely harmlessly. Smaller calibers, anyway.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

28. Re: BioShock Infinite Alternate Box Art Vote Dec 13, 2012, 16:07 Prez

Creston wrote on Dec 13, 2012, 12:50:
Anyone who was actually seriously upset about the fucking BOX ART, please go outside, lie down in a ditch, and wait to drown.

Creston

Nah, that would take too long. I vote for my solution of eating a bullet!*

*JOKING - don't you dare!

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

27. Re: BioShock Infinite Alternate Box Art Vote Dec 13, 2012, 15:37 Creston

netnerd85 wrote on Dec 13, 2012, 13:34:
Creston wrote on Dec 13, 2012, 12:53:
Beamer wrote on Dec 13, 2012, 11:11:
Anyone claiming today's music or movies are worse than the 50s or 80s is either misremembering how awful everything was then or is looking in the wrong places. Yes, there's a ton of crap out there now, and it's often aimed at young kids. Guess what: when you were a young kid the stuff you liked was probably terrible, too.

You are wrong, Beamer. Everyone knows that the 80s were the fucking bombshizzle when it comes to music! NO ONE DENIES THIS!

*hugs Simon Le Bon poster*

Creston
I had to google "Simon Le Bon".

Pet Shop Boys - Domino Dancing music video is... I could... just...

DEM PET SHOP BOYS!!! They made the most wack videos. It was awesome.

You gotta imagine, this was the 80s! We didn't have no fucking internet. People spent weeks looking forward to the release date of a new Michael Jackson video! (especially after Thriller.) An entire hour of a music TV shows would be built around an exclusive premiere for a music video.

In some ways it was a really shitty decade, but the music rocked. And anyone who says differently IS A FUCKING HIPPIE!

Creston

26. Re: BioShock Infinite Alternate Box Art Vote Dec 13, 2012, 13:34 netnerd85

Creston wrote on Dec 13, 2012, 12:53:
Anyone claiming today's music or movies are worse than the 50s or 80s is either misremembering how awful everything was then or is looking in the wrong places. Yes, there's a ton of crap out there now, and it's often aimed at young kids. Guess what: when you were a young kid the stuff you liked was probably terrible, too.

You are wrong, Beamer. Everyone knows that the 80s were the fucking bombshizzle when it comes to music! NO ONE DENIES THIS!

Creston
I had to google "Simon Le Bon".

Pet Shop Boys - Domino Dancing music video is... I could... just...

25. Re: BioShock Infinite Alternate Box Art Vote Dec 13, 2012, 12:53 Creston

Creston

24. Re: BioShock Infinite Alternate Box Art Vote Dec 13, 2012, 12:50 Creston

Anyone who was actually seriously upset about the fucking BOX ART, please go outside, lie down in a ditch, and wait to drown.

Creston

23. Re: BioShock Infinite Alternate Box Art Vote Dec 13, 2012, 11:59 NegaDeath

Its a scientific fact that as the brain ages we grow less sensitive to dopamine and as such new music, movies etc aren't as enjoyable. When we're young we get more of a thrill from these things and that tints our memories. There are exceptions of course but chemically it happens to all of us. We think current music sucks. Our parents thought our music sucked. Our grandparents thought our parents music sucked. And so on.  

22. Re: BioShock Infinite Alternate Box Art Vote Dec 13, 2012, 11:42 netnerd85

netnerd85 wrote on Dec 13, 2012, 11:09:
Beamer wrote on Dec 13, 2012, 10:22:

YOU KIDS! GET OFF MY LAWN! WHY DON'T THEY MAKE MUSIC LIKE ELVIS ANYMORE? YOUR MUSIC TODAY HAS NO RHYTHM? WHY DON'T THEY MAKE MOVIES LIKE THE GREAT ESCAPE? NOW THAT WAS A MOVIE! YOU CALL ARMAGEDDON A MOVIE? YOU KIDS KNOW NOTHING! WHY DON'T THEY MAKE TV LIKE MASH ANYMORE? IT'S PRETTY SAD WHEN I HAVE 5,000 CHANNELS AND ALL I WATCH IS MASH RERUNS! YOU KIDS, WHY DON'T YOU MAKE COMIC STRIPS LIKE BEATLE BAILEY? YOU CALL PEARLS BEFORE SWINES A COMIC? NOW GARFIELD, THAT WAS A COMIC!

EVERYTHING FROM MY FORMATIVE YEARS, WHEN IT WAS BRAND NEW TO ME AND SOMETHING THAT MAY NOT HAVE BEEN INNOVATIVE SEEMED IT BECAUSE IT WAS NEW TO ME, IS BETTER THAN THIS STUFF TODAY THAT I'VE SEEN A THOUSAND TIMES BECAUSE I'VE PLAYED A BILLION GAMES!
I'm only twenty *cough* 7, and I love old War movies and Dean Martin rules.

Music today IS shit. Movies today ARE shit (except Iron Man and Bond [but Connery is best Bond]) and yes games from when I was a kid are better than today.

It's a queer world we live in today. Have a mighty fine and gay day sir!

Then live in the past, that's fine. Generally, though, anyone claiming things were better when he was young is completely ignoring why he thinks that.

I completely understand what you are saying and ask myself that all the time - I wonder if the memory is just rainbows and lolly-pops. Some times it is and some times it is not. You have to compare everything. There is a ratio to these things. Everything has its golden time - don't you agree? There are still great movies and bands and games coming out... okay, maybe not great bands but good bands.

21. Re: BioShock Infinite Alternate Box Art Vote Dec 13, 2012, 11:11 Beamer

netnerd85 wrote on Dec 13, 2012, 11:09:
netnerd85 wrote on Dec 13, 2012, 08:54:
finga wrote on Dec 13, 2012, 07:49:
Cutter wrote on Dec 13, 2012, 00:10:
Shut up, Levine! We're not frat boys!
There aren't enough of you and me to make a game with an eight-figure budget profitable. Period. The sooner that hardcore gamers get this through their thick skulls, the more they can direct their *CONSTRUCTIVE* criticism towards things that actually matter.

They have to appeal to the fratboys, too. The box art is a pretty small concession to make, assuming that's the only one. (Which it probably won't be.)
I don't want eight-figured budget games. Shove them up your ass developers/publishers. Just make, playable games with okay graphics, okay animations and lots of fun. You don't need to hire a 20 million-a-movie actor to voice a character for 10 lines.

It's pretty fucking sad when a game made in 98/99 is more fun and playable than a 300 million game made today.

YOU KIDS! GET OFF MY LAWN! WHY DON'T THEY MAKE MUSIC LIKE ELVIS ANYMORE? YOUR MUSIC TODAY HAS NO RHYTHM? WHY DON'T THEY MAKE MOVIES LIKE THE GREAT ESCAPE? NOW THAT WAS A MOVIE! YOU CALL ARMAGEDDON A MOVIE? YOU KIDS KNOW NOTHING! WHY DON'T THEY MAKE TV LIKE MASH ANYMORE? IT'S PRETTY SAD WHEN I HAVE 5,000 CHANNELS AND ALL I WATCH IS MASH RERUNS! YOU KIDS, WHY DON'T YOU MAKE COMIC STRIPS LIKE BEATLE BAILEY? YOU CALL PEARLS BEFORE SWINES A COMIC? NOW GARFIELD, THAT WAS A COMIC!

EVERYTHING FROM MY FORMATIVE YEARS, WHEN IT WAS BRAND NEW TO ME AND SOMETHING THAT MAY NOT HAVE BEEN INNOVATIVE SEEMED IT BECAUSE IT WAS NEW TO ME, IS BETTER THAN THIS STUFF TODAY THAT I'VE SEEN A THOUSAND TIMES BECAUSE I'VE PLAYED A BILLION GAMES!

Music today IS shit. Movies today ARE shit (except Iron Man and Bond [but Connery is best Bond]) and yes games from when I was a kid are better than today.

Then live in the past, that's fine. Generally, though, anyone claiming things were better when he was young is completely ignoring why he thinks that.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

20. Re: BioShock Infinite Alternate Box Art Vote Dec 13, 2012, 11:09 netnerd85

There aren't enough of you and me to make a game with an eight-figure budget profitable. Period. The sooner that hardcore gamers get this through their thick skulls, the more they can direct their *CONSTRUCTIVE* criticism towards things that actually matter.

They have to appeal to the fratboys, too. The box art is a pretty small concession to make, assuming that's the only one. (Which it probably won't be.)
I don't want eight-figured budget games. Shove them up your ass developers/publishers. Just make, playable games with okay graphics, okay animations and lots of fun. You don't need to hire a 20 million-a-movie actor to voice a character for 10 lines.

It's pretty fucking sad when a game made in 98/99 is more fun and playable than a 300 million game made today.

Prez wrote on Dec 13, 2012, 09:49:
You people of the "perpetually down on everything" crowd just warm my wee little heart. The way I see it, there is simply no way that you guys can be this miserable in real life without eating a bullet.
It's not every game, obviously. Men of War is a great series. Death to Spies was a great series. Dark Souls is a good game. It's mainly shooters and tactical shooters that have been raped.

19. Re: BioShock Infinite Alternate Box Art Vote Dec 13, 2012, 10:22 Beamer

-------------

18. Re: BioShock Infinite Alternate Box Art Vote Dec 13, 2012, 09:49 Prez

It's pretty fucking sad when a game made in 98/99 is more fun and playable than a 300 million game made today

Yeah - it's crazy. Bioshock Infinite certainly is unplayable... on account it hasn't been released yet.

You people of the "perpetually down on everything" crowd just warm my wee little heart. The way I see it, there is simply no way that you guys can be this miserable in real life without eating a bullet.

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

17. Re: BioShock Infinite Alternate Box Art Vote Dec 13, 2012, 08:54 netnerd85

16. Re: BioShock Infinite Alternate Box Art Vote Dec 13, 2012, 08:29 PHJF

They are all pretty awful.

How can a game with the art direction of BioShock not come up with box art? Did everyone working on that one get fired?

Steam + PSN: PHJF

15. Re: BioShock Infinite Alternate Box Art Vote Dec 13, 2012, 08:17 Beamer

Wait... Krang is in this game?  
-------------

14. Re: BioShock Infinite Alternate Box Art Vote Dec 13, 2012, 07:49 finga

13. Re: BioShock Infinite Alternate Box Art Vote Dec 13, 2012, 05:18 aesir05

I can already see it
Preorder Bioshock on steam now to get 4 large ass pdfs with alternate covers

12. Re: BioShock Infinite Alternate Box Art Vote Dec 13, 2012, 03:05 nin

jacobvandy wrote on Dec 13, 2012, 02:15:
You guys realize these are ALTERNATE covers that may be printed on the inside of the insert, for those who dislike the "frat boy" official one, right? I.e. nobody will see them until after they buy the game and open it up, and decide to flip it...

That's what the article says, yes.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

11. Re: BioShock Infinite Alternate Box Art Vote Dec 13, 2012, 02:44 netnerd85

jacobvandy wrote on Dec 13, 2012, 02:15:
You guys realize these are ALTERNATE covers that may be printed on the inside of the insert, for those who dislike the "frat boy" official one, right? I.e. nobody will see them until after they buy the game and open it up, and decide to flip it...
Yes.

10. Re: BioShock Infinite Alternate Box Art Vote Dec 13, 2012, 02:15 jacobvandy

29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo