Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Crysis 3 Trailer

This trailer, titled "Hell of a Town," is the first in Hollywood Director Albert Hughes' promised series on "The 7 Wonders of Crysis 3," Crytek's first-person shooter sequel (thanks VG247).

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Crysis 3 Trailer Dec 13, 2012, 10:11 wtf_man

Far Cry 3 looks more fun than this.

But I'll probably pick this up when it's on sale... IF it doesn't require an Origin account.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Crysis 3 Trailer Dec 13, 2012, 07:40 gray

Looks like the exact same engine, same graphics anyway. More of an expansion?  

7. Re: Crysis 3 Trailer Dec 13, 2012, 03:28 InBlack

The Seven Wonders of Crysis (1,2 & 3):

1. Generic Looking Soldiers: They love to drive around in vehicles & rather aimlessly stand guard, but they are all crack shots and hit everything with 100% accuracy up to 1100m and even through bush and other opaque foliage.

2. Generic Looking Aliens: A mix of Aliens and the Matrix. Jesus. Nuff said.

3. Open World Sandbox Except Its Not: A huge world open in all directions except its not and you have to go in one because after a while you will run into barriers that wont let you go through them. Oh well at least there are no invisible walls....

4. Super Duper Combat Suit: Strentgh of a Bear, Speed of a Puma, Eyes of a Hawk, Invisibility of a....erm ok whatever. Fun for about 5 minutes.

5. Storyline. Yes there is one although I cant really remember what its all about thats how memorable it is.

6. Mr Yerli: Yes he will call you (and his other customers) a dirty pirate at least once, either before during or after release.

7. Purty GraPHXIRZOOORZ! The game sure is purty! It will also run like a hog on every system except the best one ever. (Crysis2 ran like ass too, even though it was a console port)

I have a nifty blue line!

6. Re: Crysis 3 Trailer Dec 13, 2012, 03:24 NamecaF

Illumin wrote on Dec 12, 2012, 23:42:
Who cares if the guy playing him sucked. The game it self looks sweet. Id rather see in game footage than some cut scene.

Dont get me wrong, ingame IS better than cutscenes. My point was, why go to the trouble and effort of hiring a film director and hype his involvement in some "cool new 7 episode super trailers" and then just show us ingame footage of some amateur playing the game? It seems to be the opposite of what they're attempting to do?

Either drop the Hollywood directors involvement and give us regular ingame footage trailers, or utilise a film director and show us a 7-episode mini-feature? Get where I'm coming from?

dj LiTh wrote on Dec 13, 2012, 00:55:
From someone who use to live near Hollywood, just know that Hollywood director and Hollywood drugaddict are synonymous

LOL. No doubt.

5. Re: Crysis 3 Trailer Dec 13, 2012, 00:55 dj LiTh

NamecaF wrote on Dec 12, 2012, 22:44:
Fion wrote on Dec 12, 2012, 21:41:
Wait I'm confused. It's after the aliens attacked. A huge dome has been built over new york (I presume to keep the black gunk from getting out). It's been years and years because the forest has encroached into the city quite significantly and somehow prophet is alive again?

I know right? WTF indeed.

Plus this trailer is shit. I was expecting something a bit more cinematic and 'awesome' considering they've gone and got this "Hollywood director" involved, but honestly its crap.

It's mostly just in-game footage of some idiot playing, making "Prophet" look all amateur and missing his targets more times than actually hitting them.

Boring.

From someone who use to live near Hollywood, just know that Hollywood director and Hollywood drugaddict are synonymous

4. Re: Crysis 3 Trailer Dec 12, 2012, 23:57 DangerDog

Good looking art assets but the gameplay still looks so derivative of trying to be a 'superhero' experience.

the one man army thing looks and sounds better than it plays, I still prefer the feeling of being vulnerable in a game or starting off that way and then building up to a modicum form of a seasoned soldier.

everything in these crysis games feel like it's there to just have something to shoot at from the generic aliens to the generic cell soldiers. story? what story?

looks good though, nice poster card for what the cryengine can do.

3. Re: Crysis 3 Trailer Dec 12, 2012, 23:42 Illumin

Who cares if the guy playing him sucked. The game it self looks sweet. Id rather see in game footage than some cut scene.  

2. Re: Crysis 3 Trailer Dec 12, 2012, 22:44 NamecaF

Fion wrote on Dec 12, 2012, 21:41:
Wait I'm confused. It's after the aliens attacked. A huge dome has been built over new york (I presume to keep the black gunk from getting out). It's been years and years because the forest has encroached into the city quite significantly and somehow prophet is alive again?

I know right? WTF indeed.

Plus this trailer is shit. I was expecting something a bit more cinematic and 'awesome' considering they've gone and got this "Hollywood director" involved, but honestly its crap.

It's mostly just in-game footage of some idiot playing, making "Prophet" look all amateur and missing his targets more times than actually hitting them.

Boring.

1. Re: Crysis 3 Trailer Dec 12, 2012, 21:41 Fion

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo