Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Free Duke Nukem 3D Kicks Off GOG.com Sale

GOG.com kicks off the holiday season by offering Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Edition for PC and Mac as a free download for all. The free release of the classic shooter marks the launch of their 2012 DRM-Free Holiday Sale, featuring 474 games on sale and new deals each day between now and January 3rd.

View
38 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

18. Re: Free Duke Nukem 3D Kicks Off GOG.com Sale Dec 12, 2012, 16:43 Kristian Joensen

Those that get Duke3D from this deal, you should really get the Eduke32 source port: http://eduke32.com/

There is also the hrp: http://hrp.duke4.net/

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Free Duke Nukem 3D Kicks Off GOG.com Sale Dec 12, 2012, 16:42 Trashy

jdreyer wrote on Dec 12, 2012, 16:32:
This was such an awesome game back in the day. Very much the anti-Quake with its bright colors and raunchy humor. Is it still playable after playing stuff like Crysis and BF3? I tried playing Dune II the other day, and it just felt so clunky. I'd much rather be playing SupCom.

I play it still here and there with eDuke32 to me it's still fun.. Although I thought Crysis was real boring so I'm not sure if my opinion matters.

16. Re: Free Duke Nukem 3D Kicks Off GOG.com Sale Dec 12, 2012, 16:39 Beelzebud

Quboid wrote on Dec 12, 2012, 15:04:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 12, 2012, 14:42:
I loaded this up a while back, and I played it on auto pilot. All of the rooms, baddies, secrets, etc just came back to me like riding a bike. Spooky actually.

It's a bit worrying that I can still do this with Quake, but I can't remember a damn thing about things like trigonometry which I would have learnt around the same time. I couldn't do the same for Duke Nukem (well, maybe for the first couple of levels).

It is smart of them to pre-empt Steam. When Steam's sale starts, we're going to be buried

LOL I had a similar thought last night. I've been playing through Fallout 2 using the Restoration Project, and found myself on autopilot in New Reno, after not having played it for around 5 years. New Reno occupies a space in my brain that real knowledge could have gone.

15. Re: Free Duke Nukem 3D Kicks Off GOG.com Sale Dec 12, 2012, 16:37 Beelzebud

I'll take it! Lost my legit copy years ago.  

14. Re: Free Duke Nukem 3D Kicks Off GOG.com Sale Dec 12, 2012, 16:32 jdreyer

This was such an awesome game back in the day. Very much the anti-Quake with its bright colors and raunchy humor. Is it still playable after playing stuff like Crysis and BF3? I tried playing Dune II the other day, and it just felt so clunky. I'd much rather be playing SupCom.  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

13. Re: Free Duke Nukem 3D Kicks Off GOG.com Sale Dec 12, 2012, 16:29 StaticRandomNumber

I got to many games now I haven't tried yet. So promised my self to at least play them before I buy anymore... but these sales makes it hard, especially old classics, which I am even less likely to actually play again.  

12. Re: Free Duke Nukem 3D Kicks Off GOG.com Sale Dec 12, 2012, 15:04 Quboid

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 12, 2012, 14:42:
I loaded this up a while back, and I played it on auto pilot. All of the rooms, baddies, secrets, etc just came back to me like riding a bike. Spooky actually.

It's a bit worrying that I can still do this with Quake, but I can't remember a damn thing about things like trigonometry which I would have learnt around the same time. I couldn't do the same for Duke Nukem (well, maybe for the first couple of levels).

It is smart of them to pre-empt Steam. When Steam's sale starts, we're going to be buried

- Quboid

11. Re: Free Duke Nukem 3D Kicks Off GOG.com Sale Dec 12, 2012, 14:42 xXBatmanXx

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

10. Re: Free Duke Nukem 3D Kicks Off GOG.com Sale Dec 12, 2012, 14:29 netnerd85

Suck it down!

Shake it baby!

9. Re: Free Duke Nukem 3D Kicks Off GOG.com Sale Dec 12, 2012, 14:05 Keith

Sweet! Loved it back in the day and all that. Had some good single-player content, rocking multiplayer (rocket pack + detonators = awesome fun), and more mods that you can shake a long stick at. Add in FREE and you have yourself a winner!

Now where the hell are the Homeworld & Myth series, damnit?

8. Re: Free Duke Nukem 3D Kicks Off GOG.com Sale Dec 12, 2012, 14:00 nin

Pretty damn cool! But I already owned it there.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

7. Re: Free Duke Nukem 3D Kicks Off GOG.com Sale Dec 12, 2012, 13:56 SirKnight

You'll get much better mouse movement with a Duke source port.  

6. Re: Free Duke Nukem 3D Kicks Off GOG.com Sale Dec 12, 2012, 13:48 Beamer

See, now THIS is a game I couldn't go back to. I tried, how I tried, but its outdated mouse control scheme just didn't cut it for me.  
-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

5. Re: Free Duke Nukem 3D Kicks Off GOG.com Sale Dec 12, 2012, 13:44 Caslon

Don't forget that you can download a free high resolution pak that improves the outdated graphics of this game. Just Google Duke High Rez Pak.  

4. Re: Free Duke Nukem 3D Kicks Off GOG.com Sale Dec 12, 2012, 13:41 mch

Woohoo!  
PSN: CaseDesignate

3. Re: Free Duke Nukem 3D Kicks Off GOG.com Sale Dec 12, 2012, 13:11 Prez

I have to say that it is a very good move I think that GOG is doing their holiday sale now before Steam does theirs in less than two weeks. This way it doesn't get buried under the buzz for Steam's which seems to be a much bigger deal due to its immense popularity. Their are some fantastic games on sale for a measly 3 bucks, and most have neat additions like soundtracks, maps, guides and the like. There are even links to popular mods for some of the games. Great site.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

2. Re: Free Duke Nukem 3D Kicks Off GOG.com Sale Dec 12, 2012, 13:03 Gocows

This is Blue's - I am pretty sure you are supposed to get mad about free stuff  

1. Re: Free Duke Nukem 3D Kicks Off GOG.com Sale Dec 12, 2012, 13:02 Prez

How awesome is this?! If any of our younger members never tried Duke Nukem, I would highly recommend overlooking the graphics and trying out one of THE definitive PC game releases in history. It might give you some insight into why some PC gamers get so grumpy about newer games.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

38 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo