Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Announced

1C Company announces a partnership with 777 Studios (Rise of Flight: The First Great Air War) to form 1C Game Studios, a new developer that's now at work on IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad, a new installment in the IL-2 Sturmovik series of combat flight simulators. Here's a bit from the press release on the IL-2 Sturmovik Website discussing the partnership, PC gaming, and the game itself:

Both 1C and 777 Studios see the flight-simulation genre as an important one for PC gaming with a dedicated fan-base that is eager to support interesting and immersive products. 1C Company is located in Moscow with offices throughout Europe and 777 Studios is headquartered in Southern California with development teams in Russia and Ukraine.

Battle of Stalingrad will include both single-player and multi-player scenarios for virtual pilots to enjoy as well as brand new gameplay modes. Initial client release is slated for early 2014 with add-on content and additional features and theatres to follow.

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Announced Dec 12, 2012, 14:19 Dmitri_M

Wolfox wrote on Dec 12, 2012, 12:16:
Dmitri_M wrote on Dec 12, 2012, 06:46:
Bored of WW2. Wish someone would create a highend 1950s to 1970s era flightsim. Rickety, dangerous fighter planes.

It's probably not "high-end", but the Strike Fighters 2 series is pretty good, and it covers from the 50s to the late 80s. Check it out, if you haven't yet.

Yup know it well

Mig Alley from the late 90s remains my favourite flight sim. Only because of the 1950s jets Korean War setting. Love that the wings would creak while pulling a high G turn and if you held it too long..they'd tear off.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Announced Dec 12, 2012, 12:16 Wolfox

Dmitri_M wrote on Dec 12, 2012, 06:46:
Bored of WW2. Wish someone would create a highend 1950s to 1970s era flightsim. Rickety, dangerous fighter planes.

It's probably not "high-end", but the Strike Fighters 2 series is pretty good, and it covers from the 50s to the late 80s. Check it out, if you haven't yet.

14. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Announced Dec 12, 2012, 09:40 John

Huh, I never heard of Rise of Flight before but it looks pretty cool. There are many WW2 flight sims but not many WW1 sims that I know of so this is something I'll have to try out.

I don't like how it's a F2P game though.. I see if you want extra planes, better guns, or more missions you have pay for them. There is a version you can buy with several planes included, but it appears that you still have to pay if you want more.

Does anyone know if there is a way to unlock new planes and such just by completing missions?

This space is available for rent

13. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Announced Dec 12, 2012, 06:46 Dmitri_M

12. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Announced Dec 12, 2012, 01:08 KilrathiAce

Couldnt they come up with a better title... Battle of Stalingrad reminds me of RO2 heroes of stalingrad and we all know how that worked out  

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka

11. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Announced Dec 11, 2012, 22:54 Frags4Fun

I enjoyed the original even though I wasn't very good at it. I've been hoping for an updated version for many years now.

Off topic, but I would really like to see a modern version of Apache Longbow.

10. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Announced Dec 11, 2012, 21:15 ELITE

The amusing thing is how Oleg was dogging on ROF before he left IL2 and then ROF turned out to be better than the wreck that is IL2COD and of course he had made his exit... I wonder who is to blame for it sucking...  

9. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Announced Dec 11, 2012, 20:23 Jedi Master

I should be getting my internet free for life considering I paid to read what you just wrote.

If you spent $1000 in video cards to "fix" problems with ONE game, when no other games were having that problem, you're an idiot. Anyone with less than 10 bullets lodged in their skull could see their explanations were crap and the sim was a mess. If you believed them, it's your fault.

8. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Announced Dec 11, 2012, 17:22 Bard

Sorry - I should be getting this free considering I wasted $1000US on video cards to 'fix' the performance issues that were known by the developer and hidden from the community during launch by attributing the problems to nonsense.

7. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Announced Dec 11, 2012, 15:58 eRe4s3r

Yeah except it's ww1... air battles as entertaining as watching paint dry. ;( (And believe me, I love air battles and could not get into Rise of Flight at all)  

6. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Announced Dec 11, 2012, 14:41 Dmitri_M

Rise of Flight is an incredibly polished PC title. It should get more attention.

This comment was edited on Dec 11, 2012, 14:53.

5. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Announced Dec 11, 2012, 11:43 Wolfox

Cliffs of Dover may be a train wreck, but Rise of Flight is awesome. If 777 Studios will be developing this, then it's definitely worth keeping an eye on it.  

4. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Announced Dec 11, 2012, 11:23 Wildone

AHJAHAH AHAAHJAH AHAHAAHJAH AHAHA AHJAHAHAHAAHJAHAHAHAA HJAHAHAHAAHJA HAHAHA AHJAHAHAHA after the mess of CLOD I wont be so willing to buy this for a longggggggg time! NO WAY JOSE!!!  

3. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Announced Dec 11, 2012, 11:22 Scottish Martial Arts

Eh, Cliffs of Dover turned out pretty decent in the end; it just took over a year of patching to get there. Still a bit slim on content though.

It's odd that this will focus on Stalingrad though, because for months, the communication from the devs on the official board was that the next release would focus on June '41 to December '41, i.e. Barbarossa to the German advance being turned back just a few miles from Moscow.

2. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Announced Dec 11, 2012, 09:49 InBlack

I hope they learned something from the horror of Cliffs of Dover...  

I have a nifty blue line!

1. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Announced Dec 11, 2012, 09:31 Rigs

*Suddenly gets a chill when I think of IT...(Cliffs of Dover)*

=-Rigs-=

'Now, we gave you a promise and we are bound by that promise and damn you for asking for it! And damn me for agreeing to it! And damn all of us to hell, because that is exactly where we're going!'

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo