Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: PopCap working on triple-A console title. Dec 11, 2012, 18:58 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Dec 11, 2012, 16:52:
Seems like they'll be turning PvZ into a 1st person shooter using the Frostbite 2 engine. From the article:

The game will be developed by the Burnaby branch of the company that made its fame with casual titles like Peggle and Plants vs. Zombies.
"PopCap Burnaby working with Frostbite 2 on a "triple-A console game" (aka the TF2-inspired Plants vs Zombies game),"

Yay, a first person zombie shooter. Man, EA is really filling a niche in the market here! Rolleyes

Oh poor Popcap. Soon you'll join the long list, and you'll be just below Bioware.

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 11, 2012, 17:28 NegaDeath

Kabuto wrote on Dec 11, 2012, 16:35:
It's too bad the wii u doesn't upscale wii games. That would have given people a big reason to upgrade ASAP despite the poor launch lineup.

There is one possible minor improvement. The system is upscaling the output resolution (but not internal) so if your TV has a crappy SD upscaler the WiiU will do a better job scaling to your TV leading to a cleaner image.

Still no comparison to Dolphin or true upscaling sadly. One step forward and one step back.

9. PopCap working on triple-A console title. Dec 11, 2012, 16:52 jdreyer

Seems like they'll be turning PvZ into a 1st person shooter using the Frostbite 2 engine. From the article:

The game will be developed by the Burnaby branch of the company that made its fame with casual titles like Peggle and Plants vs. Zombies.
"PopCap Burnaby working with Frostbite 2 on a "triple-A console game" (aka the TF2-inspired Plants vs Zombies game),"

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

8. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 11, 2012, 16:35 Kabuto

It's too bad the wii u doesn't upscale wii games. That would have given people a big reason to upgrade ASAP despite the poor launch lineup.

Now, by the time the wii u has some compelling titles available it will probably have to compete directly with the ps4/xbox 720

7. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 11, 2012, 16:20 Axis

The software lineup of games was so weak, I'm surprised it sold so well despite. There's not a single game I'm interested in getting for my kids, we only bought it for the Miiverse and future games.

The only mario game they ever played was Party ans Smash Bros. The 'Mario' name is not strong in our house... we just like the tech.

Yours truly,

Axis

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 11, 2012, 14:38 DangerDog

It's baffling why nintendo hasn't released a new mario game based around Mario 64, all new levels and updated graphics. None of the other mario games have captured the charm of Mario 64.

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 11, 2012, 14:20 NegaDeath

I'll check it out when they have some better games. Mario sidescrollers don't have the appeal to me that they used too. Something like Mario Galaxy though I'd be interested...that was fun, pretty and had an awesome soundtrack to boot. I also eagerly wait to see what Retro can do with (comparatively) newer hardware.  

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 11, 2012, 13:12 Smellfinger

Nintendo launched Wii U without a killer app. The closest thing they have to a system seller is that rushed copy-and-paste New Super Mario Bros. game that plays itself while you hold the controller. It feels like they launched a year before they were ready just so they could get a headstart on Sony and Microsoft.  

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 11, 2012, 10:47 Verno

Wow fairly tepid sales for the Wii U. Jives with what I've been seeing around here though, availability appears to be pretty wide.

Thankfully 3DS sales have been very consistent and they still have a years head start on the competition to build up a catalog.

Playing: Everquest Next Alpha, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: Evidence, Longmire, Chained

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 11, 2012, 10:15 Beamer

Axis wrote on Dec 11, 2012, 10:04:
Great sales figures for the Wii U in the US, considering in 2006 the economy boom was just beginning to slow down, people were massively employed, had plenty of money, and a bright future.

Wii sales were limited by supply, not demand, for months. It would have sold significantly more in its first weeks had it been available.

The WiiU is available on BestBuy.com, shows as in-stock for every store within 50 miles of me, and is the same with Toys R Us.

It's underselling significantly compared to the Wii. Which doesn't mean it won't be successful, as Wii sales were a raging success. It just means that it's underperforming.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 11, 2012, 10:04 Axis

Great sales figures for the Wii U in the US, considering in 2006 the economy boom was just beginning to slow down, people were massively employed, had plenty of money, and a bright future.  

Yours truly,

Axis

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo