Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Goodbye Deponia Announced

Daedalic Entertainment announces Goodbye Deponia, an upcoming point-and-click adventure game that will conclude their Deponia trilogy. Here's word on the game, which is due in the third quarter of next year:

The game's title says it all, doesn't it? "Goodbye Deponia" is the final game in one of Daedalic Entertainment's adventure masterpieces - the Deponia trilogy. After conquering the hearts of gamers and the charts around the world, this beloved series is coming to a close and with it, the story of Rufus, a comic character who stumbles through life with clarity of purpose, but a poor grasp of everything else.

After two unbelievable adventures, Rufus and his beloved Goal finally have their target in reach. They will find a way to Elysium and save Deponia from certain destruction.

But in the meantime, Rufus seems to have polished his unmatched talent for wreaking havoc on everybody and everything around him. Instead of celebrating his big triumph, another heavy setback awaits him. For the first time in his life, he starts doubting himself.

But Rufus wouldn't be Rufus if he just gave up like that! Still...to clean up this pile of problems he created, he'd need to exist threefold….

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Goodbye Deponia Announced Dec 12, 2012, 22:14 Sepharo

coldcut wrote on Dec 11, 2012, 03:33:
Sepharo wrote on Dec 10, 2012, 21:41:
Thought the first one was pretty great. Still haven't loaded up the second yet though.
The second one should be even better (and longer, for that matter). Unfortunately I haven't come to start the first game yet, as the queue of games to play is just too big for me. Right now I'm having a blast playing through The Book of Unwritten Tales, which is for me one of the best adventures in recent times (if you are into that kind of jokes), and the second one is already waiting for me in my GoG library.

Daedalic Entertainment is really an amazing developer, they are so close to their fans, they make a lot of stuff with and about them. The boss of Daedalic, Poki (the one who sings the opening song) made a duet of that song with a famous German Let's Player (Gronkh), and they even included the full Let's Play through two of their previous games (Edna breaks out and Harveys new eyes) of Gronkh on the newly released special edition game DVDs. That's hilarious and amazing too, in my opinion, I've never seen a developer so close to their fans.

I played a bit of unwritten tales but something felt a bit off for me. Deponia felt more like an old LucasArts adventure.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Goodbye Deponia Announced Dec 11, 2012, 03:33 coldcut

Sepharo wrote on Dec 10, 2012, 21:41:
Thought the first one was pretty great. Still haven't loaded up the second yet though.
The second one should be even better (and longer, for that matter). Unfortunately I haven't come to start the first game yet, as the queue of games to play is just too big for me. Right now I'm having a blast playing through The Book of Unwritten Tales, which is for me one of the best adventures in recent times (if you are into that kind of jokes), and the second one is already waiting for me in my GoG library.

Daedalic Entertainment is really an amazing developer, they are so close to their fans, they make a lot of stuff with and about them. The boss of Daedalic, Poki (the one who sings the opening song) made a duet of that song with a famous German Let's Player (Gronkh), and they even included the full Let's Play through two of their previous games (Edna breaks out and Harveys new eyes) of Gronkh on the newly released special edition game DVDs. That's hilarious and amazing too, in my opinion, I've never seen a developer so close to their fans.

4. Re: Goodbye Deponia Announced Dec 11, 2012, 00:46 Cutter

nin wrote on Dec 10, 2012, 20:22:
Derponia? What?

Derponia. Where Derpy Hooves hails from.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

3. Re: Goodbye Deponia Announced Dec 10, 2012, 21:41 Sepharo

2. Re: Goodbye Deponia Announced Dec 10, 2012, 20:34 Linksil

Loving this series...  
Munching On: Archeage, SAO Vita, Tales of Xallia 1/2.

1. Re: Goodbye Deponia Announced Dec 10, 2012, 20:22 nin

Derponia? What?

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo