Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Sunday Tech Bits

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Dec 10, 2012, 21:45 mag

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Dec 9, 2012, 23:26:
Almost bought an 840 but found a new in box 830 for a similar price and heard they were better performing so I jumped on that. Really glad I avoided the 840 now. I thought dumb stuff like this was normally what you'd expect from OCZ SSDs, not Samsung.

No one has actually purchased an 840 that failed that way. It was pre-release firmware that had the bug. Only models sent to reviewers before release have the bug. Attempts to reproduce the bug on retail models have failed.

Edit: (Of course, as far as I've heard. People have tried and failed._

This comment was edited on Dec 11, 2012, 02:29.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Dec 9, 2012, 23:26 Parallax Abstraction

Almost bought an 840 but found a new in box 830 for a similar price and heard they were better performing so I jumped on that. Really glad I avoided the 840 now. I thought dumb stuff like this was normally what you'd expect from OCZ SSDs, not Samsung.  
Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube (Watch/Rate/Comment on my shows!)

2. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Dec 9, 2012, 15:38 Creston

Trust us, the new firmware doesn't have this problem! Please trust us and buy the suspect SSD? Please?

Creston

1. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Dec 9, 2012, 15:31 eRe4s3r

I have a 830 512gb and am extremely happy with it.. and it was relatively cheap..  

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo