Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Dark Souls II Announced

This portion of the Spike video game awards introduces Dark Souls II, an upcoming sequel to the challenging action/RPG. Eurogamer has details from Eurogamer.cz from a Namco Bandai's Czech announcement on this saying this is coming to Windows as well as Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

View
37 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

17. Re: Dark Souls II Announced Dec 8, 2012, 19:58 Prez

I am willing to accept that those of you who think Dark souls isn't that hard are just far better at games than me in general. No I haven't tried it, but I have played games like it and struggled mightily with them. So when a game comes along that takes such pride in its difficulty and wears it like a badge of honor, I avoid it like the plague.

And I am serious about FTL - I got out of the first sector once out of the many times I tried it and died immediately after. Then I downloaded a mod that makes things easier (disables the fleet chasing you) and I started to enjoy it.

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Dark Souls II Announced Dec 8, 2012, 19:29 Jivaro

Definitely a matter of taste and what you define as "hard". To me, I didn't find Demons Soul or Dark Souls to be difficult so much as a complete change from what I was accustomed to. At first I wasn't even sure I liked it. As someone else said though, the feeling of accomplishment with every success is what makes the game. All of that said, when someone else says "it is too hard", I am not going to pretend I don't know what they are talking about. If every game that plays like God Of War instead played like Dark Souls then maybe Dark Souls doesn't seem so hard...just like all the God of War clones don't seem all that difficult. That isn't the reality though, and quite frankly, forcing people to play at a slow pace is not something everyone is going to appreciate or value in a video game.

Still, the series is one of my personal favorites and I can't wait for this sequel.

15. Re: Dark Souls II Announced Dec 8, 2012, 18:55 Mordecai Walfish

PHJF wrote on Dec 8, 2012, 17:19:
For the most part, if you take it slow, prepare yourself well, and play in survival mode you're going to be fine.

Then you get to a boss which can and will instantly kill you. GG.

Thats actually the point to some of the boss battles, you have to learn the patterns and adapt to them by building a strategy of your own to defeat them, instead of relying on stats & grinding alone to just let you brute-force button mash to win. It's satisfying if you come into the battles with that expectation, IMO. The wanderers from Ys series is notorious for this as well.

14. Re: Dark Souls II Announced Dec 8, 2012, 17:52 Smellfinger

A new team is making the sequel and they're already talking about how they're going to dumb the game down.  

13. Re: Dark Souls II Announced Dec 8, 2012, 17:19 PHJF

For the most part, if you take it slow, prepare yourself well, and play in survival mode you're going to be fine.

Then you get to a boss which can and will instantly kill you. GG.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

12. Re: Dark Souls II Announced Dec 8, 2012, 17:09 Cutter

netnerd85 wrote on Dec 8, 2012, 15:34:
Omni wrote on Dec 8, 2012, 15:16:
Praise the Sun \o/

doh! Why wasn't this the first post

You're right that needs to be the next major meme on the internet. The \o/ really makes it.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

11. Re: Dark Souls II Announced Dec 8, 2012, 17:07 PropheT

Prez wrote on Dec 8, 2012, 16:01:
As for the game itself, the masochistic difficulty makes sure I won't touch it with a ten-foot pole. I struggle with average difficulty games; I really can't see enjoying a game so maddeningly difficult that it is akin to being trolled by the devs.

It's really not that hard. The game rewards a careful approach and play style, and there's only a couple of times throughout the game where they turn that convention on its head to have you charge and try a different tactic. For the most part, if you take it slow, prepare yourself well, and play in survival mode you're going to be fine.

I don't generally like really hard games, but I love Demon's/Dark Souls and was able to finish both without any controller-throwing frustration.

10. Re: Dark Souls II Announced Dec 8, 2012, 16:52 Yakubs

Tom wrote on Dec 8, 2012, 16:32:
Hell, I had to download an easy mod just so I could survive the first sector in FTL.

What?! Come on, FTL is not that hard!

Neither is Dark Souls.

9. Re: Dark Souls II Announced Dec 8, 2012, 16:32 Tom

Hell, I had to download an easy mod just so I could survive the first sector in FTL.

What?! Come on, FTL is not that hard!

8. Re: Dark Souls II Announced Dec 8, 2012, 16:01 Prez

Here's hoping that if they choose to actually make an actual effort in the port this time they are rewarded with improved sales so the message is clear. As for the game itself, the masochistic difficulty makes sure I won't touch it with a ten-foot pole. I struggle with average difficulty games; I really can't see enjoying a game so maddeningly difficult that it is akin to being trolled by the devs. Hell, I had to download an easy mod just so I could survive the first sector in FTL.  

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

7. Re: Dark Souls II Announced Dec 8, 2012, 15:44 Zanderat1

Hope we don't get another shitty port.  

6. Re: Dark Souls II Announced Dec 8, 2012, 15:34 netnerd85

Omni wrote on Dec 8, 2012, 15:16:
Praise the Sun \o/
doh! Why wasn't this the first post

5. Re: Dark Souls II Announced Dec 8, 2012, 15:20 Stimpack

Hey guys, I have a PC.  

4. Re: Dark Souls II Announced Dec 8, 2012, 15:16 Omni

Fuck yeah something to look forward to.

Praise the Sun \o/

This comment was edited on Dec 8, 2012, 15:23.

3. Re: Dark Souls II Announced Dec 8, 2012, 14:47 PHJF

As long as Dark Souls II means Dark Souls: Twice the Framerate  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

2. Re: Dark Souls II Announced Dec 8, 2012, 14:43 netnerd85

Awesome news indeed. Ninja Blade 2 would be awesome as well!  

1. Re: Dark Souls II Announced Dec 8, 2012, 14:37 OricAtmos

Very nice!  

37 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo