Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Crusader Kings II: The Republic Revealed

Paradox Interactive is working on Crusader Kings II: The Republic, a new expansion for Crusader Kings II, their grand strategy sequel. This is revealed through an interview on PC Gamer where project lead Henrik Fåhraeus discusses details like an enhanced user interface, graphical improvements, and gameplay changes this will entail. They say this is due in Q1 of 2013 and offer this overview: "The latest expansion for Crusader Kings II is looking to launch the fleets of the medieval merchant republics, offering a very different gameplay style to the feudal lords we’ve lived through so far. Using trade, wealth, and political savvy, you’ll have to lead your Patrician family to greatness in Venice, Genoa, Pisa, the Hanseatic League, or Gotland."

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Crusader Kings II: The Republic Revealed Dec 8, 2012, 16:23 dj LiTh

Double post shinanigans  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Crusader Kings II: The Republic Revealed Dec 8, 2012, 13:44 dj LiTh

They should just rename it Sim-Marriage and attract a complete different type of audience. This game is dull as dirt, and i love my strategy games.  

3. Re: Crusader Kings II: The Republic Revealed Dec 8, 2012, 11:22 NewMaxx

This is probably one of their easiest, if not the easiest, games to get into, although the tutorial is not the best (usually they have a pretty in-depth one). All of their games are time-consuming, yes, and you need extreme focus if all you do is play this game, but I'm not so sure I'd call it a "Deep Time Game." I've been playing my most recent game on and off for months now (along with many other games), I come back to it from time to time, few hours here and there. Overall play time does get up there, but still less than something like Fallout: New Vegas, which for me WAS a Deep Time Game.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 8, 2012, 11:03 Rigs

The key word that I would use to describe this game, above all others is - DEDICATION. You need to dedicate massive amounts of time and mental energy to this game. If you're into that kind of experience, then look no further. If you're looking for a game that you can catch a couple mins of before work or whatever, you're barking up the wrong tree.

This game occupies a specific category of games that I call 'Deep Time Games'. What is that? Well, basically what I said above. Total dedication by the player. You don't play these types of games so much as practically live in them during the time you play. Other games in this unique category are War In The Pacific: Admirals Edition, War In The East, and most Matrix Games wargames in general, including Distant Worlds and also Eve, WoW, GW2 and most HPS (John Tiller) wargames...

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

1. Re: Crusader Kings II: The Republic Revealed Dec 8, 2012, 09:26 fawker

I want to like this game more than I like this game.  

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo