Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Metaverse

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 8, 2012, 13:36 Simon Says

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 7, 2012, 22:44:
Best quote

Our infrastructure has the ability to provide much faster speeds today.

Which is why they are so valiantly offering said advanced speeds... heck, you can't even roll eyes enough for that absurd statement from their CEO

Does TWC offer 1gbps up and down for any customer, anywhere? NO.. so yeah.. wow

And then they try to tell us they need to cut bandwidth caps because their network is strained. THIS DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE! BULLSHIT!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 8, 2012, 11:03 The Half Elf

OMG he's doing something he enjoys and people are enjoying it, fuck that get the pitchforks and torches!  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

7. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 8, 2012, 06:15 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on Dec 8, 2012, 04:47:
Zuckerberg doesn't pretend he's some indie guy for the street cred. I have zero problem with people making their fortunes however they do. I do have a problem with phony corporate asshole types who pretend they're not in order to make money. That and this whole rape thing. He's obviously insincere and only apologized because its affecting his bottom line. No different from assholes like Limbaugh.

I don't know that Inman has tried to pretend. He's had links to his dating sites and quizzes with explanation for a long time now. He doesn't live up to an imagined persona that people ascribe to him, that's not his fault. It's not like his comics are trying to be original they're blatant internet pandering. Cats, bacon, zombies, grammar, and ninjas...

6. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 8, 2012, 04:47 Cutter

Zuckerberg doesn't pretend he's some indie guy for the street cred. I have zero problem with people making their fortunes however they do. I do have a problem with phony corporate asshole types who pretend they're not in order to make money. That and this whole rape thing. He's obviously insincere and only apologized because its affecting his bottom line. No different from assholes like Limbaugh.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

5. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 8, 2012, 04:34 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on Dec 8, 2012, 03:40:
That Matthew Inman guys sounds like a giant fucking douchebag.

I think that article is a bit harsh. More like a hit piece. I've got a lot of respect for guys like him and Zuckerberg. People might not like the way they did it but they've made millions giving the people of the internet what they('re made to) think they want.

4. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 8, 2012, 03:40 Cutter

That Matthew Inman guys sounds like a giant fucking douchebag.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

3. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 7, 2012, 22:44 eRe4s3r

Best quote

Our infrastructure has the ability to provide much faster speeds today.

Which is why they are so valiantly offering said advanced speeds... heck, you can't even roll eyes enough for that absurd statement from their CEO

Does TWC offer 1gbps up and down for any customer, anywhere? NO.. so yeah.. wow

2. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 7, 2012, 22:23 AlexSledge

I've never met a TWC customer that had positive things to say about them. Just this afternoon some folks from the next table over at the pizza joint chimed in on a conversation I was having with my buddy who just had a 14hr ordeal with them.

TWC isn't good by any means, they're just the best available out of the choices in our pseudo-monopolistic markets.

I should be coding.

1. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 7, 2012, 20:51 Axis

Yes folks it's true... people MUCH prefer swallowing the the shit Comcast and Time Warner strain out at a premium...

Yours truly,

Axis

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo