Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

BioShock Infinite Delayed

Irrational Games announces that previews of BioShock Infinite are appearing now that some press have had some hands-on time with the upcoming shooter sequel. They follow this optimism with word that the game's release has suffered another setback, albeit a small one. After choosing the exact release date of February 26, 2013 after the game's last delay, they now say the game is due precisely one month later:

Work on the game is now down to final polish and bugfixing. In order to give the team a few more weeks of this polish, the release date of BioShock Infinite is March 26th.

We know that this is going to ruffle some feathers. But we’re willing to take the heat to make sure that BioShock Infinite is 100% the game our fans deserve.

View
38 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

18. Re: BioShock Infinite Delayed Dec 7, 2012, 14:27 Beelzebud

A wise developer once said "No one will remember if the game is late, only if it’s great.", and then promptly threw that wisdom out the window and released Diablo 3 at least a year too early.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: BioShock Infinite Delayed Dec 7, 2012, 14:19 Mashiki Amiketo

jdreyer wrote on Dec 7, 2012, 13:48:

Did they really change her outfit based on complaints? Lots of 19th century dresses had plunging necklines, even in the button-down Victorian era (hell, even the queen herself wore plunging necklines from time to time).
A neckline is different than cleavage, even back in the early 1900's. A plunging neckline was considered racy at the time, while not was considered traditional and on the conservative side. Though a women having half her tits flapping in the wind, would have had her charged with public indecency. Unless they were working in a red light district.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

16. Re: BioShock Infinite Delayed Dec 7, 2012, 13:48 jdreyer

Icewind wrote on Dec 7, 2012, 12:04:
All I think about now is this:

http://images.4chan.org/v/src/1354892285506.jpg

Love how these people get so riled up over silly things.

Did they really change her outfit based on complaints? Lots of 19th century dresses had plunging necklines, even in the button-down Victorian era (hell, even the queen herself wore plunging necklines from time to time). At the very least offer a radio button:

O - Prudish
O - Racy

Then everyone can be happy.

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

15. Re: BioShock Infinite Delayed Dec 7, 2012, 13:25 DeadlyAccurate

Verno wrote on Dec 7, 2012, 11:12:
Waiting for reviews, too many unknowns and they've been playing it way too close to the vest. No real gameplay previews, everything we've seen looks incredibly canned and scripted, constant delays, etc. I loved Bioshock but they really need to start showing off the game.

The PC Gamer preview I read this morning makes it sound very heavily scripted. I don't mind scripted games, but if it's going to be more of an interactive movie than a game, I'll probably wait until the price drops in half.

14. Re: BioShock Infinite Delayed Dec 7, 2012, 13:08 MajorD

Don't get me started! Rolleyes

13. Re: BioShock Infinite Delayed Dec 7, 2012, 13:07 yuastnav

It's okay, you can still play DOA Volleyball if you want to see a pair of boobies that badly.

12. Re: BioShock Infinite Delayed Dec 7, 2012, 12:04 Icewind

11. Re: BioShock Infinite Delayed Dec 7, 2012, 11:42 KTR

nin wrote on Dec 7, 2012, 10:59:

Wasn't GTA5 already confirmed to come out in March? Or was it May?

Still "spring".

Take-Two said that GTA5 will not be coming this fiscal year, so it is coming after March. Interesting though, Bioshock Infinite is coming right at the end of Take-Two's fiscal year.

10. Re: BioShock Infinite Delayed Dec 7, 2012, 11:13 Jivaro

I bet there is still a huge day one patch.

All kidding aside....when it comes it comes. It isn't a day one purchase for me. It probably isn't a week one purchase, and unless the collective Blues hive goes ape-shit about how awesome it it...I doubt that it will be a month 1 purchase. Between the current red flags and my lack of enthusiasm for Bioshock 2, hoping for the best and preparing for the worst seems the most appropriate course of action.

9. Re: BioShock Infinite Delayed Dec 7, 2012, 11:12 Verno

Waiting for reviews, too many unknowns and they've been playing it way too close to the vest. No real gameplay previews, everything we've seen looks incredibly canned and scripted, constant delays, etc. I loved Bioshock but they really need to start showing off the game.  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below

8. Re: BioShock Infinite Delayed Dec 7, 2012, 10:59 nin

Wasn't GTA5 already confirmed to come out in March? Or was it May?

Still "spring".

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

7. Re: BioShock Infinite Delayed Dec 7, 2012, 10:55 Prez

No biggie. I can wait the extra month. It very well could be simply a delay based on timing the release date for maximum sales potential.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

6. Re: BioShock Infinite Delayed Dec 7, 2012, 10:48 Creston

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Dec 7, 2012, 10:41:
It's convenient that the delay means they won't be battling with Crysis 3 and Aliens: Colonial Marines for attention - it also puts them further away from the release of Tomb Raider, Dead Space 3 and SimCity. They'll be up against Metro: Last Light but that's a much smaller franchise being backed by a much smaller publisher. The only fly in the ointment could be GTAV, which is due in Spring 2013 (a vague window).

Wasn't GTA5 already confirmed to come out in March? Or was it May? I'd rather go up against all the other games combined than try to battle GTA's all-encompassing presence.

Since both this and GTA5 are 2K games (and huge multiplatform ones, at that), I wonder if this will cause any change to GTAs release.

I seriously doubt ANYTHING would influence GTA5's release. More the other way around.

Creston

5. Re: BioShock Infinite Delayed Dec 7, 2012, 10:44 Yakubs

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Dec 7, 2012, 10:41:
As for the game itself, the number of delays and high profile departures is quite concerning. The game looks very linear and the graphics are far from revolutionary, which leaves the narrative as the selling point. It's still on my radar but I have to say I'm not hugely optimistic.

Indeed. Although I'd focus more on the art design considering the art design was the only selling point of the original. The original's story was fairly heavy-handed and predictable.

4. Re: BioShock Infinite Delayed Dec 7, 2012, 10:41 theyarecomingforyou

It's convenient that the delay means they won't be battling with Crysis 3 and Aliens: Colonial Marines for attention - it also puts them further away from the release of Tomb Raider, Dead Space 3 and SimCity. They'll be up against Metro: Last Light but that's a much smaller franchise being backed by a much smaller publisher. The only fly in the ointment could be GTAV, which is due in Spring 2013 (a vague window).

As for the game itself, the number of delays and high profile departures is quite concerning. The game looks very linear and the graphics are far from revolutionary, which leaves the narrative as the selling point. It's still on my radar but I have to say I'm not hugely optimistic.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

3. Re: BioShock Infinite Delayed Dec 7, 2012, 10:40 nin

I hope it's good, as well. And if another month gives it more polish, then that's fine. Not like we don't have games to catch up on between now and then.

Since both this and GTA5 are 2K games (and huge multiplatform ones, at that), I wonder if this will cause any change to GTAs release.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

2. Re: BioShock Infinite Delayed Dec 7, 2012, 10:39 MajorD

Hopefully it's not to work out all the scripting bugs....Man, I hope they're not over-scripting the game.

1. Re: BioShock Infinite Delayed Dec 7, 2012, 10:31 Techie714 ©

This game has been delayed a lot & they removed the multi-player or perhaps never implemented it? Hopefully it will be good.  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

38 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo