Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

A Game of Dwarves Sci-fi DLC

The A Game of Dwarves Website now offers Star Dwarves, a new DLC pack for A Game of Dwarves, Zeal Game Studios' vertically challenged strategy game. Here's word on how this adds sci-fi content to the game's fantasy setting:

The new content pack, entitled Star Dwarves, enables the gameís titular miners to spruce up their mines with all the trappings of deep space, adding a wealth of new sci-fi furnishings and tools to their lairs. Of course, a terrifying space monster or two have also come along for the ride, but thatís a small price to pay for having your very own cryosleep bed to spruce up the old mineshaft.

Star Dwarves adds new props, new enemy, and new dwarves to A Game of Dwarves, from sci-fi-inspired generators, holographic statues, and spiffy captainís chairs to untold horrors like the Beardprober Ė a monster who studies beards in the worst way imaginable. Thankfully, the dwarves can combat these invaders with new military classes, including the rifle-toting Redshirt, and the Knight, a melee fighter who relies on training he acquired a long time ago in some place far, far away.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: A Game of Dwarves Sci-fi DLC Dec 7, 2012, 22:39 eRe4s3r

Yeah but sometimes you can get unlucky with the dodges and die.. at which point you lost your entire military and got enemies storming your base which you can't defeat with new recruits ;p  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: A Game of Dwarves Sci-fi DLC Dec 7, 2012, 20:00 dj LiTh

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 7, 2012, 16:02:
Short of the insane difficulty I had no problems with it. If you lose your best soldiers you can literally reload. Because money is finite.

I havent found the game difficult at all, i think its as hard or easy as you want it to be depending on wether you dig towards the ???? or not, me personally i just always dig elsewhere and then when i'm ready go into the next ???? room with bad guys

7. Re: A Game of Dwarves Sci-fi DLC Dec 7, 2012, 16:02 eRe4s3r

Short of the insane difficulty I had no problems with it. If you lose your best soldiers you can literally reload. Because money is finite.  

6. Re: A Game of Dwarves Sci-fi DLC Dec 7, 2012, 14:51 dj LiTh

I havent had any 'problems' (bugs) with it. Its a good building game.  

5. Re: A Game of Dwarves Sci-fi DLC Dec 7, 2012, 14:48 Frijoles

jdreyer wrote on Dec 7, 2012, 14:05:
The reviews have been pretty mixed, but I do love building games. What issues have you had with it?

It's a slow game. At least at the start. I dunno if it picks up since I haven't played it enough (I think I have about 4 hours in it). I stopped the campaign and just started a custom game, and I play it off and on when work is slow.

Relaxing really is a good way to explain it.

4. Re: A Game of Dwarves Sci-fi DLC Dec 7, 2012, 14:05 jdreyer

dj LiTh wrote on Dec 7, 2012, 13:19:
Dev wrote on Dec 7, 2012, 11:40:
Its a DLC. And its optional. I think it sounds cool since I like sci fi, but I know some people figure it doesn't have any place in a fantasy setting and those people can pass on the DLC.

All that aside, anyone tried the base game? "A Game of Dwarves" ?

I've tried the original, its pretty good, very relaxing. I like it.

The reviews have been pretty mixed, but I do love building games. What issues have you had with it?

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

3. Re: A Game of Dwarves Sci-fi DLC Dec 7, 2012, 13:19 dj LiTh

Dev wrote on Dec 7, 2012, 11:40:
Its a DLC. And its optional. I think it sounds cool since I like sci fi, but I know some people figure it doesn't have any place in a fantasy setting and those people can pass on the DLC.

I've tried the original, its pretty good, very relaxing. I like it.

2. Re: A Game of Dwarves Sci-fi DLC Dec 7, 2012, 11:40 Dev

1. Re: A Game of Dwarves Sci-fi DLC Dec 7, 2012, 11:07 McSterls

Are you kidding me? At one time I was looking forward to this release....Star Dwarves? WTF???  

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo