Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Consolidation

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Agent Dec 7, 2012, 18:17 Dades

Prez wrote on Dec 7, 2012, 11:53:
wtf_man wrote on Dec 7, 2012, 09:19:
I liked Alpha Protocol (except for the quickly forced to choose dialog).

I bought it for like $2 on a Steam sale because it got such bad word of mouth. I would have easily paid $20 or $30 for i, after playing it. I didn't run into anything game-stopping, bugwise, either. I guess I was lucky. So, from my perspective... it's nowhere near as bad as everyone says, IMO.

I am replaying Alpha Protocol this week and I still am loving it. I never got the near universal derision it garnered - it is very much like Deus Ex in depth and how your decisions have meaningful consequences. I thought the dialog system was pretty neat too. It made dialog sequences engaging for once.

It had terrible gameplay, there was nothing interesting or redeeming about anything else in the game except the dialogue. People seemed to hate the closing door checkpoints. It was a great idea for a game that never really became the game it deserved to be. I loved the branching dialogue system and everything else put me to sleep.

- DADES - This is a signature of my name, enjoy!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Agent Dec 7, 2012, 11:53 Prez

wtf_man wrote on Dec 7, 2012, 09:19:

I bought it for like $2 on a Steam sale because it got such bad word of mouth. I would have easily paid $20 or $30 for i, after playing it. I didn't run into anything game-stopping, bugwise, either. I guess I was lucky. So, from my perspective... it's nowhere near as bad as everyone says, IMO.

I am replaying Alpha Protocol this week and I still am loving it. I never got the near universal derision it garnered - it is very much like Deus Ex in depth and how your decisions have meaningful consequences. I thought the dialog system was pretty neat too. It made dialog sequences engaging for once.

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

5. Re: Evening Consolidation Dec 7, 2012, 11:48 Jivaro

I tried Alpha Protocol. I too bought it for cheap on a Steam sale. After 2 hours of complete boredom I turned it off. Many people have told me that it starts slowly and that if I stuck with it...the game gets fun.

I don't find that believable enough to actually warrant finding out. The pacing was far from the only thing that was bugging me when I turned it off. Too bad really, the premise had me really optimistic that I would like it. On paper it sounds like a game I would really enjoy.

4. Re: Agent Dec 7, 2012, 09:19 wtf_man

3. Re: Agent Dec 7, 2012, 07:49 The Half Elf

You mean a working version of Alpha Protocol?  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

2. Agent Dec 7, 2012, 02:16 jdreyer

A Bioware James Bond RPG??! OMG, that would have been awesome.  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

1. Re: A Big Name Barely Makes the Cover of His Own Video Game Dec 7, 2012, 01:56 DangerDog

way, way overdue  

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo